Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,949 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers (43847 Views)

Bolt Nigeria Sacks 22 Employees (Out Of 45) / Adenuga's Globacom Sacks 90 Married Female Staff - LasgidiOnline.com.ng / AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by mrbillz(m): 12:52am On Dec 02, 2020
This was the exact time Bolous sacked my dad in 2003. I though one it was for us. Thank God man had good savings to push us through
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by Nobody: 1:15am On Dec 02, 2020
Savagethe21st:
Wahala for who dey work for person in this country. Please where is slawomir, after 8 months of consideration I've finally decided to drop out and start bombing clients.

You get sure American client
Wey fit do anything you ask am?
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by mukthar2000(m): 4:23am On Dec 02, 2020
May God help my friends their.
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by TexasR: 4:36am On Dec 02, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Buhari must be a skillful scammer. cheesy

He was able to scam over 200 million Nigerians that he will make one dollar equal to one naira.
grin

YES Buhari is a skillful scammer

NO he did not scam up to 200 million Nigerians, he only scammed just the haters of GEJ and those APC zombies.

The rest of us rejected him from the beginning in 2014/15
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by Giantfarmer(m): 5:05am On Dec 02, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:

He was able to scam over 200 million Nigerians that he will make one dollar equal to one naira.
grin
point of correction, say some Nigerians ,we are part of those who stood for Jonathan because we knew buhari will fail us history has it ,it's only those who was blinded by APC lies
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by InvertedHammer: 5:23am On Dec 02, 2020
/
Among those sacked are a few who couldn’t care less because they are prepared. Others are those gnashing their teeth because they believed that the employment was their birthright.

Save! Save!! Save!!! Dem no go hear.
/
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by iko123: 5:48am On Dec 02, 2020
What do you expect from a Lebanese company? They make the union very weak so they can do their evil unchallenged.

1 Like

Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by Nobody: 6:14am On Dec 02, 2020
espn:
I dont want to commit hate speech. 40 farmers were beheaded and someone remained silent. If it was his boy that fell from bike, we know what he would have done. Sometime I wonder if na clay dem use mould our lives...
If the USA seal team can fly miles away to save an American from bandits it tells you how Africans place value on human life.
If it was in the USA, the senate would have summon the president and chief of defense to explain how such was allowed to happen.
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by Nobody: 6:20am On Dec 02, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
Among those sacked are a few who couldn’t care less because they are prepared. Others are those gnashing their teeth because they believed that the employment was their birthright.

Save! Save!! Save!!! Dem no go hear.
/
Do you know how much such persons earn via the needs of their family members that depend on their income as means of survival.
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by okewumi: 6:59am On Dec 02, 2020
If u know what most people are passing through in the hands of employer at this moment, u will pity them. No labour law nothing.
The worst is Lebanese or India companies
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by Peacefulguy90: 7:12am On Dec 02, 2020
menix:
Sacking someone by this Xmas Season coupled with high cost of living nah free bus ticket to depression..

I hope the company rescinds on its decision or the workers gets new employment soonest..

It is well..
One of the reasons I hate working even as a graduate..,... I prefer starting up with something little,then I build it up my self
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by XXXXTENTACION: 8:02am On Dec 02, 2020
TexasR:

YES Buhari is a skillful scammer

NO he did not scam up to 200 million Nigerians, he only scammed just the haters of GEJ and those APC zombies.

The rest of us rejected him from the beginning in 2014/15
Whether you voted for Buhari or not you are still going to be a victim of the scam.

everybody is in this mess
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by XXXXTENTACION: 8:04am On Dec 02, 2020
VULCAN:
One wonders where you got your figures from?

Even if you chose to count the babies who were then in the womb did you also count those who voted against Buhari?

even if you did'nt vote at all or you voted against Buhari you are still going to be victim of the scam.

Buhari's policies affects everybody.
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by Focusmind: 8:15am On Dec 02, 2020
My client has concluded plan to exit 19 of his staff by December 31, 2020. He did the first retrenchment in August, laying off 22 of his staff.

After the December exit, he would have only 15 staff left, with 6 converted to consultancy position. Things are really hard and all his staff had been on 30% of their salaries. Even some of us that runs our show ourselves are struggling to sustain current clients talk more of getting new ones.

I have been thinking if going back to paid employment is an alternative as I left paid employment more than 6 years ago to establish myself but yet to surpass my former annual emolument as when I was in paid employment. The only advantage now is the freedom and ability to do things I want without hindrance.

1 Like

Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by Gamesmart: 9:16am On Dec 02, 2020
iko123:
What do you expect from a Lebanese company? They make the union very weak so they can do their evil unchallenged.

Or the union do their evil by going to take bribe from the Lebanese and not represent their members. What do you expect from Nigerians/black monkeys?
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by menix(m): 9:35am On Dec 02, 2020
Peacefulguy90:
One of the reasons I hate working even as a graduate..,... I prefer starting up with something little,then I build it up my self

We are all built differently...
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by iko123: 9:52am On Dec 02, 2020
I have good knowledge of the company more than you. No matter your position in the union, you can't challenge the management when decisions are taken or earn yourself a sack. The essence of belonging to a labour union or having one in a company is for protection against the harsh decisions of the management. If the management by error of ommision or commission decide to weaken the union, they have themselves to blame when the chips are down. It can go either side.
Gamesmart:

Or the union do their evil by going to take bribe from the Lebanese and not represent their members. What do you expect from Nigerians/black monkeys?
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by Gamesmart: 10:57am On Dec 02, 2020
iko123:
I have good knowledge of the company more than you. No matter your position in the union, you can't challenge the management when decisions are taken or earn yourself a sack. The essence of belonging to a labour union or having one in a company is for protection against the harsh decisions of the management. If the management by error of ommision or commission decide to weaken the union, they have themselves to blame when the chips are down. It can go either side.

How do/can the management weaken the union?
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by Sleekfingers: 11:18am On Dec 02, 2020
Too bad......as a matter of fact, a lot of companies in lagos are sacking their staff.......or some of them are under paid......to be frank, most companies are losing a lot of money....they got no other choice than to sack some workers......

Eg banks, eatries, hotels, telecommunication companies etc
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by udoka2013: 2:49pm On Dec 02, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:

grin
he did not scam south east and south south. Point of correction!
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by XXXXTENTACION: 3:42pm On Dec 02, 2020
udoka2013:
he did not scam south east and south south. Point of correction!
But they will also feel the heat of Buhari's policies. Everybody whether you voted for Buhari or not you will feel the heat. undecided
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:32pm On Dec 02, 2020
Focusmind:
My client has concluded plan to exit 19 of his staff by December 31, 2020. He did the first retrenchment in August, laying off 22 of his staff.

After the December exit, he would have only 15 staff left, with 6 converted to consultancy position. Things are really hard and all his staff had been on 30% of their salaries. Even some of us that runs our show ourselves are struggling to sustain current clients talk more of getting new ones.

I have been thinking if going back to paid employment is an alternative as I left paid employment more than 6 years ago to establish myself but yet to surpass my former annual emolument as when I was in paid employment. The only advantage now is the freedom and ability to do things I want without hindrance.

Entrepreneurship in Nigeria is not easy especially as Nigerians seem to be getting poorer every year. Not much is left after an individual has spent on food and other basic amenities.
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by irony: 4:51pm On Dec 02, 2020
I hope they sacked staff will be paid off so they can pick up their lives with the money paid? 6months upfront payment is the minimum standard.
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by demanuel(m): 5:05pm On Dec 02, 2020
Focusmind:

If I may ask, can you get clients online (freelancing) or in another state/location with what you do?
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by Focusmind: 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2020
demanuel:

If I may ask, can you get clients online (freelancing) or in another state/location with what you do?

My brother, getting clients directly by marketing yourself or your company is very difficult. People love to work with people they know. My clients came mainly through referrals and speaking to people who referred me to companies. I am into audit, tax and international development.
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by udoka2013: 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
But they will also feel the heat of Buhari's policies. Everybody whether you voted for Buhari or not you will feel the heat. undecided
Yes they will feel the heat too when some tribe are being burnt i.e. The bandits in the north and some part of southwest. All these are as a result of bad government we have now. Do you agree?
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by demanuel(m): 5:46pm On Dec 02, 2020
Focusmind:

My brother, getting clients directly by marketing yourself or your company is very difficult. People love to work with people they know. My clients came mainly through referrals and speaking to people who referred me to companies. I am into audit, tax and international development.
Oh professional colleague, we are in same industry but different niche.
I understand that audits are occasional, not regular like tax, bookkeeping & accounting service. Hence I want to go into bookkeeping, software installation and taxes that are regular and can get paying clients.
Currently I freelance and I do Inventory (stocktaking, inventory management)
I am suggesting if you can move into another niche to make up for the shortage of clients in your current niche, rather than go back to 9-5.
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by one4GOD(f): 5:47pm On Dec 02, 2020
menix:
Sacking someone by this Xmas Season coupled with high cost of living nah free bus ticket to depression..

I hope the company rescinds on its decision or the workers gets new employment soonest..

It is well..
exactly the period i was sacked last year but right now am grateful they laid me off otherwise, i wont have stumbled on the goldmine i found myself in now. contact me if you are interested. 0.8.0*2.9*2.2*5.4*.9.*4
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by XXXXTENTACION: 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2020
udoka2013:
Yes they will feel the heat too when some tribe are being burnt i.e. The bandits in the north and some part of southwest. All these are as a result of bad government we have now. Do you agree?
Isoright "the main thing is that everybody feels the heat"
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by SaintUlot: 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2020
Let's endeavour to have multiple means of income, it will quench the effect of an ugly incidence like this. If you have some money to invest and you don't mind earning legitimate money online as an additional means of income, come to my WhatsApp office.
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by iko123: 7:13am On Dec 03, 2020
In most organisations, when one gets to managerial position, you are no longer a union member.Staff welfare is no longer your priority but company profits.
Gamesmart:

How do/can the management weaken the union?
Re: Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers by Gamesmart: 11:31am On Dec 03, 2020
iko123:
In most organisations, when one gets to managerial position, you are no longer a union member.Staff welfare is no longer your priority but company profits.

And your point is?

What I asked you was: How do/can the management weaken the union?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Kelechi Ndukwe, First Nigerian-American Naval Captain / Meet Rukaiya El-Rufai, The First PwC Female Northerner Partner / Guys, Never Look This Way If You Want To Keep Your Job In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.