Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,195 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Stop Paying N1/word For Writers - Literature/Writing Ads (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / Stop Paying N1/word For Writers (1600 Views)

N1/word Is Slavery / GONE!! I Need 2-3 Experienced Writers For Long-term Engagement N1/word / ⭐⭐⭐ I Will Write High Quality SEO Articles For You At N1/word ⭐⭐⭐ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Paying N1/word For Writers by generalpelu(m): 1:21am On Dec 23, 2020
UnbanEbenezar:
writers are the most exploited set of professionals in Nigeria.
Thank God they are getting enough awareness and refused to be exploited.
just cane across this old thread and saw the bashing he received.
https://www.nairaland.com/4314996/urgent-vacancy-article-writer-15000

Wow. It's such a wonderful thread. Almost 3 years later, some are here defending rubbish.
Re: Stop Paying N1/word For Writers by generalpelu(m): 1:24am On Dec 23, 2020
UnbanEbenezar:
I'm a new writer, got scammed when someone here said he needed a writer for a long term business, I contacted him, and he gave me a certain topic to write as a test with nothing less than 1k words, I did and sent it to him and till then I never heard of him, found out if he needs articles on certain topics he'll contact writers and demand they write to him as test before he hires them and after you're done you won't hear from him again, and the cycle keeps going. embarassed

Mofos are plenty. That's why most times I just give out my book to anyone who wants to employ me. I've got no time writing any sample.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Paying N1/word For Writers by UnbanEbenezar: 11:31am On Dec 23, 2020
generalpelu:

Wow. It's such a wonderful thread. Almost 3 years later, some are here defending rubbish.
I really got more awareness through this comments below
Joseid:
No writer should write for anyone monthly or bi-weekly. Don't let desperation push you to getting scammed. Putting yourself in this kind of position makes it easy for you to lose out in the end.

That said, #15,000 for 25 "high quality" articles is ridiculous. The way people want good jobs for absurd rates is nauseating. From experience, a good article takes at least 3 hours to write. Reputable content writers say they spend up to nine hours writing their content. So what are we even talking about?

OP, if you can't pay well, reduce the number of articles and pay weekly. Or else, just accept the services of anyone that stumbles into your mail.

My 2cents.
Misslagbaja:

Be looking for cheap labour there.

30 quality articles for 15k.

When your mates pay 3-5 naira per word.

I will tag writers on Nairaland to come and blast you.
Re: Stop Paying N1/word For Writers by Jare12: 8:40pm On Dec 30, 2020
Re: Stop Paying N1/word For Writers by chinnyTF95(f): 3:04am On Apr 25, 2021
Eiyaaaa, this is touching. Come and collect recharge card.
UnbanEbenezar:
I'm a new writer, got scammed when someone here said he needed a writer for a long term business, I contacted him, and he gave me a certain topic to write as a test with nothing less than 1k words, I did and sent it to him and till then I never heard of him, found out if he needs articles on certain topics he'll contact writers and demand they write to him as test before he hires them and after you're done you won't hear from him again, and the cycle keeps going. embarassed
Re: Stop Paying N1/word For Writers by freeamie: 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2021
You guys are really funny. People are building houses, traveling anyhow and buying cars through writing.
The major problem here is that the pro writers are all busy, so there is shortage of quality writers.

I started here in NL with a free test. Later, I worked with a big shot here who paid me monthly for a very long time. I learned, grew and became better before launching out on my own. Today, I am ready to pay but where are the talented and skilled writers? Maybe, it's my niche. I have seen hundreds of samples which are just thrash. My boss is here, so I won't mention the moniker. I started with around 1.2k per article but, at a point, I was being paid 10k per article. In short, the problem is quality writers, payment no be wahala.
Re: Stop Paying N1/word For Writers by babyfaceafrica: 2:40pm On Apr 30, 2021
freeamie:
You guys are really funny. People are building houses, traveling anyhow and buying cars through writing.
The major problem here is that the pro writers are all busy, so there is shortage of quality writers.

I started here in NL with a free test. Later, I worked with a big shot here who paid me monthly for a very long time. I learned, grew and became better before launching out on my own. Today, I am ready to pay but where are the talented and skilled writers? Maybe, it's my niche. I have seen hundreds of samples which are just thrash. My boss is here, so I won't mention the moniker. I started with around 1.2k per article but, at a point, I was being paid 10k per article. In short, the problem is quality writers, payment no be wahala.
lórí iro

1 Like

Re: Stop Paying N1/word For Writers by Wierdceo: 4:26pm On Apr 30, 2021
freeamie:

I am looking for writing opportunities sir. I have written a couple of books targetting both the UK and US audience and I delivered well. My bosses are not so consistent with supplying me jobs at the moment. Please leave me a message on this email wierdceo@gmail.com so you can test my abilities. I'll see you soon.
Re: Stop Paying N1/word For Writers by FunnyDude(m): 7:36am On May 02, 2021
freeamie:

You grab. Some are just here to earn a few cash and go low.

They aren't motivated to deliver quality job. This is why few people are on the writing value chain.

Those whites don't take low standard job. They will just rubbish one's account with bad reviews if they discover low quality. This I know.

1 Like

Re: Stop Paying N1/word For Writers by generalpelu(m): 8:43pm On May 03, 2021
FunnyDude:

You grab. Some are just here to earn a few cash and go low.

They aren't motivated to deliver quality job. This is why few people are on the writing value chain.

Those whites don't take low standard job. They will just rubbish one's account with bad reviews if they discover low quality. This I know.

What I wonder is why you go get jobs and not do it yourselves but outsource it and pay peanut, but you want a 5 star rating delivery. You're high on Buhari government.

1 Like

Re: Stop Paying N1/word For Writers by FunnyDude(m): 8:43am On May 04, 2021
generalpelu:

What I wonder is why you go get jobs and not do it yourselves but outsource it and pay peanut, but you want a 5 star rating delivery. You're high on Buhari government.

Exactly
Re: Stop Paying N1/word For Writers by generalpelu(m): 4:34pm On May 05, 2021
SelfBomb:

Lmao, I created my NL account to respond to you.

Do you think anyone will see this and hire you? it will have been better if you just wrote your thoughts without inputting the advert.

Your writeup shows you are an immature person who if given a job will just go on strike because of pay.

Mr 5N per word please put the money in the clients account now, 3N as if money is easy to find. At the end of the day you'll open thread of how they refused to pay you.

This is remote work and no yes sir. If you want to become a millionaire with writing you're in the wrong line of work.

My people, life is a choice, you can reject work if you feel the pay is too small.
Its this 1.5/1N work that helped my life when I was broke And hopeless.

Now we thank God, I'm getting *3 not from writing though.

Most gigs here are for students, part time hustlers and other people who want to supplement their pay.

Thank you.

Werey, someone saw this and hired me. Pays me very well. You think everyone will be a wicked fellow like you, thinking you're doing people favor with your smelling ₦1. God pass una.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Writers Needed / Tips On How To Write That Book You've Always Wanted To / Competent Article Writer Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.