Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,500 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

How Do You Get To Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Get To Heaven? (2185 Views)

If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Get To Heaven? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 22, 2011
I know it is in the bible that you need to accept Jesus as your Lord and saviour in order to have eternal life but if you keep sinning after being born again, won't you end up in hell?

On the same note it can be said that no man is perfect and your sins will be forgiven once you are born again.

For instance I am very sex hungry and think about it alot even though I have never done it b4. I think that I may end up fornicating if I get the chance. Does this mean I will end up in hell even though I am born again?

Won't God through his mercy , forgive me for acting on my carnal urges? Is it not said that all sins are the same in Gods eyes. So doesnt that mean that me who fornicates occasionally is the same as someone who tells lies from time to time. Won't God forgive us both if we ask for forgiveness of sins thru prayer?
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by poweredcom(m): 8:43am On Mar 24, 2011
I know it is in the bible that you need to accept Jesus as your Lord and saviour in order to have eternal life but if you keep sinning after being born again, won't you end up in hell?

My brother  There is nothing like Heaven or hell, Use your imagination, All those believe is been brought by the white man, to rewrite the bible and remove the real context the truth and  to use it to deceive the black man and the world for colonialism,  The KJV of the bible is the world best seller and full of contradiction the same bible tells you that all men born of a woman is a sinner and no one is righteous.so wat is the point there,  do you know why it is because the original BIBLE was not in english to when King james of England brought poets , to translate it .they added their own context, which is wrong that is what you see today in ignorant peoples hand they tell you that there is heaven and hell while they have their heaven on earth and have you imagine where a white man stays in a very nice place and estates even in America, while the average black man is in the slums,

So heaven and hell is just a Dogma, which is just a word like a state of mind,

See all the atrocity that is in Rome, have you watched The movie Angel and demons, Guy.this religion thing is a BIG SHAM, now think How can a God a father who we call , create us for a purpose here and still carry us to a eternal fire.that means you are indirectly calling God a heartless God, and say only 177,000 will see heaven, Contradiction of the same bible, so then why are we deceiving our selves, that is to say Heaven is not for we humans its for he Angels, as for human once you are dead you are dead,  and you are gonna re incarnate into another world again  and again and again, until when it diminishes no more to come to earth, the wicked will be destroyed,

The same Bible says its plain that the earth, not Heaven, is the abode of the saved that means the earth will transform into a paradise here on earth, that is all,
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 24, 2011
thanks for your response .I have experienced things like evil spirits coming in contact with my body while i was resting in bed so it almost makes me believe that there is a life after this. Plus look at all the tsunamis and unrest happening all over the world , isnt this proof of what was prophesied in the bible.
if there is no heaven or hell why do things like juju exist and work.

Has anyone else got answers to my questions pls.
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by poweredcom(m): 1:56am On Mar 25, 2011
Mr man your wuestion are just unny, Juju IS Our tradition of Africa, Science started with Africans , Google Imotep, he was a Black egyptian that build the pyramids, and the first phisycian, so if you say juju, some are god some are bad ok, we African have beeen brainwashed by the white man religion causing confusion, infact even christainity got its origin from Paganism, which was thousand of years ago, so what are they transformig for us now, o Mugu us, that what we have today, stole our wealth and make us behind and label us the Dark continent, where as we were the light in our own era, b they snatch it from us with tricks,

If u say something dey contact your body while you sleep its just a stste of mind.and spirit, just calm down and meditate, a bit when it happens dont be fearful,
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by Dulcet7(m): 8:24am On Mar 25, 2011
Dear Jacobscros

First you need to answer this question:
"Why do I want to go to the so-called heaven?"

While answering, a penny will drop and you will suddenly see the answer to this question you ask: "How will I get there?"

I wish you well!
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 28, 2011
how do you get there how?
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 28, 2011
jacobscros:

On the same note it can be said that no man is perfect and your sins will be forgiven once you are born again.

For instance I am very sex hungry and think about it alot even though I have never done it b4. I think that I may end up fornicating if I get the chance. Does this mean I will end up in hell even though I am born again?

Won't God through his mercy , forgive me for acting on my carnal urges? Is it not said that all sins are the same in Gods eyes. So doesnt that mean that me who fornicates occasionally is the same as someone who tells lies from time to time. Won't God forgive us both if we ask for forgiveness of sins thru prayer?

Jacobbros, forgive those other posters. They are doing a certain person's work for him.

Brother. Your questions are legitimate. Got to a point too when I started asking these questions.
Understand that what you are feeling right now is The Holy Spirit's call to your spirit to get to know Him more.

Look, Jesus said to his disciples, "unless ye repent, ye shall likewise perish". His sacrifice is not an excuse for sin, but unfortunately, this is what most churches seem to indirectly [/b]relay to people with their sermons.
With this knowledge you come to the [b]very grim
realization that even a lot of Christians today are not assured of heaven because of their chosen willful behaviors.

Now we are not perfect, yes, we will never be until we get to heaven. But the most important thing to Jesus is your relationship with Him and [b]where [/b]your heart is. Do not focus on your sin, but focus on your relationship with Him, and see how those things fade from your life as He works within you to redeem him to himself. Jesus does the redeeming and stripping, you just have to let him.

I know it sounds circular, but trust me, you just have to start building a relationship with Him as you won't be able to conquer sin (especially sexual sin) on your own. He says, "for without me, you can do nothing". This involves the conquering of your sinful challenges. I know you've heard of people who God freed from various addictions.

Always pray everyday and sing praise and worship Him everyday.
Read the word as much as possible, especially the New Testament and Jesus' life and words.
Consider the Holy Spirit as always with you as a friend, never leaving your side, through any trial/temptation.
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by Rossikk(m): 12:23am On Mar 29, 2011
2buff said:

Jacobbros, forgive those other posters. They are doing a certain person's work for him.

You're very st.upid to make that comment. Brainwashed, colonized goat.
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 31, 2011
Thanks for your answer 2buff .Can any other deep christian take a stab at my question pls?
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 31, 2011
jacobscros:

Thanks for your answer 2buff .Can [b]any [/b]other deep christian take a stab at my question pls?

Are you looking for an [b]easier [/b]answer than what I gave? Don't be deceived.
Accept Jesus, strive to obey His commandments and let Him work in you through your obedience step by step.
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 31, 2011
No im not looking for an easier answer im just looking for a more expansive answer on my questions about my battle with my sexuality and also reaching the right eternal destination.
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by Kay17: 6:25pm On Mar 31, 2011
Dulcet7:

Dear Jacobscros

First you need to answer this question:
"Why do I want to go to the so-called heaven?"

While answering, a penny will drop and you will suddenly see the answer to this question you ask: "How will I get there?"

I wish you well!
nice one loool
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by Natasha2(f): 6:47pm On Mar 31, 2011
poweredcom:

that means you are indirectly calling God a heartless God, and say only 177,000 will see heaven, Contradiction of the same bible
where is it written in the Bible?
It is one thing to read , its another thing to comprehend, so many people read but don't comprehend
hell is real likewise hell
@op you see God will punish wrong doers , the bible says even before you were created God had you in mind He created man to worship Him and every other thing he created was for the comfort of man its Adam AND Eve that put us all in this mess. Everyone is a sinner every single person born into this world is a sinner, it takes the grace of God for you to serve Him we are in the last days and its making matters worse . God knows our heart and if you want to use His grace as point to do evil then only Him will decide your fate , you cant do it alone you have to pray to God to give you the grace to serve Him right . And for those who think God is wicked i have a question for you How would you feel if you created someone and the person turns against you? we humans even find it heart to forgive yet we want God to forgive us undecided
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 01, 2011
how?
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by oritameta(m): 9:18pm On Apr 01, 2011
@OP - I think it all boils down to love. Bible says "for G-d so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life." It goes further to state that "If you love me, you will do what I have commanded of thee." which are to love the Lord your G-d with all your heart and soul and might and the other to love your neighbor as yourself.

I think that I may end up fornicating[b] if I get the chance.[/b]

Thank G-d you know where you stand, the best bet now is to avoid creating that chance. Better still start to rely more on G-d's wisdom and strength through prayer.
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 02, 2011
Bleep im losin it, is it only pagans on this site. only 3 christians hve answered my question. help, i need answers
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by oritameta(m): 1:11pm On Apr 02, 2011
The board isn't exclusively for Christians. We share it with people of other faiths. One of the reasons we started Gift and Calling - A Christian forum. We are still few but increasing in numbers daily.
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by thehomer: 1:40pm On Apr 02, 2011
oritameta:

@OP - I think it all boils down to love. Bible says "for G-d so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life." It goes further to state that "If you love me, you will do what I have commanded of thee." which are to love the Lord your G-d with all your heart and soul and might and the other to love your neighbor as yourself.

Thank G-d you know where you stand, the best bet now is to avoid creating that chance. Better still start to rely more on G-d's wisdom and strength through prayer.

Sorry to digress but what's the reasoning behind typing G-d rather than God?
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by jpworld(m): 1:42pm On Apr 02, 2011
Christianity is a pathway to that wonderful spiritual feeling – the feeling that one is connected to a greater, grander world, a feeling of completeness and wholeness that is not even suspected until we discover it.

What is that feeling? A change in brain chemistry. It has nothing to do with Yahweh, Jesus, or Jupiter.  Drug users often have religious experiences or feelings.
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by oritameta(m): 1:52pm On Apr 02, 2011
Sorry to digress but what's the reasoning behind typing G-d rather than God?

Its the Jewish part of me coming into play grin
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by thehomer: 2:19pm On Apr 02, 2011
oritameta:

Its the Jewish part of me coming into play grin

How so? I thought they wrote their word for God (Elohim) in full.
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by oritameta(m): 2:45pm On Apr 02, 2011
How so? I thought they wrote their word for God (Elohim) in full.

They often do not write the name of G-d on disposable media such as a pieces of paper. Most Jews will not even pronounce a name of G-d

Online because it could be printed and thus making it available on paper, then could get thrown in a garbage or disposed in any other inappropriate manner not inline with Jewish tradition. Its no sin though, just basically a sign of respect. When they do have to write it on a disposable media, they have a special collection center where they collect them and appropriately bury them.
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 03, 2011
thanks 2buff oritameta and natasha
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by oritameta(m): 6:40pm On Apr 03, 2011
@Jacobscros - All thanks to our loving Heavenly Father.
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by poweredcom(m): 6:53pm On Apr 03, 2011
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by Gbenge77(m): 8:41am On Apr 04, 2011
You can not claim to be born again and go ahead to commit fornication or entertain such thoughts
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by poweredcom(m): 9:26am On Apr 04, 2011
You can not claim to be born again and go ahead to commit fornication or entertain such thoughts

Man sex is natural, its just that we have been brainwashed by religion, but, do it with sense,
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by thehomer: 6:28pm On Apr 04, 2011
oritameta:

They often do not write the name of G-d on disposable media such as a pieces of paper. Most Jews will not even pronounce a name of G-d

Online because it could be printed and thus making it available on paper, then could get thrown in a garbage or disposed in any other inappropriate manner not inline with Jewish tradition. Its no sin though, just basically a sign of respect. When they do have to write it on a disposable media, they have a special collection center where they collect them and appropriately bury them.

If you're a Christian, then I hope that you realize that God is not his name. It's more like a title. Just as Zeus' title was God (at least of the ancient Greeks).
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by oritameta(m): 7:14pm On Apr 04, 2011
Sure I do but Daddy isn't the name of the "man" through whom I came about this world yet I wouldn't be calling my friends dad "Daddy" now would I
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by thehomer: 8:54pm On Apr 04, 2011
oritameta:

Sure I do but Daddy isn't the name of the "man" through whom I came about this world yet I wouldn't be calling my friends dad "Daddy" now would I

No. But you (Christians in general) think that there is only one entity that bears the title God that is referred to by anyone who believes as you do.
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by oritameta(m): 9:15pm On Apr 04, 2011
No. But you (Christians in general) think that there is only one entity that bears the title God that is referred to by anyone who believes as you do.

No. We belief in one [b]G[/b]od but know that there are other [b]g[/b]ods.
Re: How Do You Get To Heaven? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 04, 2011
My brother, please in the name of God listen to me,

Grace does not cover continuous sin.

Whenever those thoughts kick in,

Begin to plead the blood of Jesus and renew your mind.

I found this video for you, please watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6138KRaiJsQ

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Is More Significant--the Beginning, Middle Or End Of A Thing? / the Sun is actually Heaven! no doubts / Has Pastor Osinbajo Fulfiled Pastor Adeboye's Prophecy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.