Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,336 members, 7,819,174 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

FG: Automobile Conversion To Autogas To Cost Owners N250, 000 In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG: Automobile Conversion To Autogas To Cost Owners N250, 000 In Nigeria (1638 Views)

FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas / FG Will Begin Converting Petrol Vehicles To Autogas / Timipre Sylva: Filling Stations Will Dispense Autogas In Vehicles From September (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG: Automobile Conversion To Autogas To Cost Owners N250, 000 In Nigeria by TheImpostor: 6:42pm On Dec 02, 2020
Airlove:
With how hot our environment is and careless inexperienced mechanics,they want to turn vehicles to mobile bomb. Even GSM can cause explosion not to talk of smoking inside your car and smelling gas.
A good avenue for bokoharam to carry bomb attacks.

We love copy copy without indigenous research solution.
70% of all those buses you see in Benin are run by gas yet you don't hear of explosions.. It's not everything we should complain about..

1 Like

Re: FG: Automobile Conversion To Autogas To Cost Owners N250, 000 In Nigeria by privaldo: 6:49pm On Dec 02, 2020
uptimum123:

Fool go to ogoni land that is close to you and see how oil is missing with water.

At least we no dey mine our people skull grin or sell/chop their flesh
Re: FG: Automobile Conversion To Autogas To Cost Owners N250, 000 In Nigeria by uptimum123(m): 6:59pm On Dec 02, 2020
privaldo:

At least we no dey mine our people skull grin or sell/chop their flesh

Lol..coming from a born gala and plantain chips hawker

1 Like

Re: FG: Automobile Conversion To Autogas To Cost Owners N250, 000 In Nigeria by Tosquo: 7:10pm On Dec 02, 2020
Awon wailers.... A lot of Taxi's in Ghana run on gas and I have never heard of any of these things stated in your comment happen over there... It's obvious your thinking is backwards... The problem of Nigeria is Nigerians!! Smh
Airlove:
With how hot our environment is and careless inexperienced mechanics,they want to turn vehicles to mobile bomb. Even GSM can cause explosion not to talk of smoking inside your car and smelling gas.
A good avenue for bokoharam to carry bomb attacks.

We love copy copy without indigenous research solution.

1 Like

Re: FG: Automobile Conversion To Autogas To Cost Owners N250, 000 In Nigeria by privaldo: 7:19pm On Dec 02, 2020
uptimum123:

Lol..coming from a born gala and plantain chips hawker

Hahaha grin grin grin grin, is this suppose to annoy me AFONJA?
Re: FG: Automobile Conversion To Autogas To Cost Owners N250, 000 In Nigeria by uptimum123(m): 7:24pm On Dec 02, 2020
privaldo:

Hahaha grin grin grin grin, is this suppose to annoy me AFONJA?

If it doesn't then you need to go hang your self

1 Like

Re: FG: Automobile Conversion To Autogas To Cost Owners N250, 000 In Nigeria by privaldo: 7:29pm On Dec 02, 2020
uptimum123:

If it doesn't then you need to go hang your self

Wahala dey o because I get two ropes and I don knot the second one for you, why I go die leave my guy, the thing no make sense.
Re: FG: Automobile Conversion To Autogas To Cost Owners N250, 000 In Nigeria by uptimum123(m): 7:30pm On Dec 02, 2020
privaldo:

Wahala dey o because I get two ropes and I don knot the second one for you, why I go die leave my guy, the thing no make sense.

You go on first then one of your cohorts will join you

1 Like

Re: FG: Automobile Conversion To Autogas To Cost Owners N250, 000 In Nigeria by privaldo: 7:32pm On Dec 02, 2020
uptimum123:

You go on first then one of your cohorts will join you

Wahala as I no come get cohorts, na you be my cohort so you must join me grin.
Re: FG: Automobile Conversion To Autogas To Cost Owners N250, 000 In Nigeria by Perfectbeing(m): 7:59pm On Dec 02, 2020
TheImpostor:
70% of all those buses you see in Benin are run by gas yet you don't hear of explosions.. It's not everything we should complain about..
The funny part is that Benin drivers are one of the roughest drivers in Nigeria yet their buses don't explode

1 Like

Re: FG: Automobile Conversion To Autogas To Cost Owners N250, 000 In Nigeria by MadamExcellency: 10:25am On Dec 03, 2020
uptimum123:

What's the degree for PMS...what's the quantity of the gas for it to be highly inflammable.

If you had followed the launching yesterday or took your time to know the full process involved you probably would have a different opinion.

Before any vehicle is to be converted,there are laid down procedures to be followed which include checking if it's road worthy just to name a few. Also for now only filling stations are allowed to make the conversion.

NNPC is also providing free conversion services in some selected NNPC Retail Filling Stations to assist interested motorists switch from PMS to Autogas.

This is not rocket science, even more than 80% of vehicles in Ghana are running on Autogas, so what are we saying.

I am talking about risk that include bad states of roads in Nigeria.

Road worthiness has no standard in Nigeria. The first check may pass but consequent inspections are all about payment.

Welcome to Nigeria.
Re: FG: Automobile Conversion To Autogas To Cost Owners N250, 000 In Nigeria by CeterisXVII: 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2020
TheImpostor:

Don't mind those ignorant people. Benin taxis have been running on gas for over 8 years now,how many of them have exploded??
Re: FG: Automobile Conversion To Autogas To Cost Owners N250, 000 In Nigeria by CeterisXVII: 7:48pm On Dec 04, 2020
MadamExcellency:
Nigeria is not ripe for such expensive risk. Our maintenance culture is still a dismissal.

With high daily temperature and accident prone roads. Please don't try this in Nigeria to avoid had I know.

Something that Ghana has been using for over 10 years? Something that Benin taxis have been using for close to 8 years?

Na wa, o! So when will the environment be ripe, nau??
Re: FG: Automobile Conversion To Autogas To Cost Owners N250, 000 In Nigeria by CeterisXVII: 7:54pm On Dec 04, 2020
MadamExcellency:
Leakages from distribution system due to lack of maintenance culture. Liquidified Petroleum Gas is highly inflammable in relation to our daily temperature of 30'C to 45'C

Have you ever seen a converted vehicle running on Autogas? The entire system is sealed. Airtight sealing right from the OEM.

No chance of any gas escaping....so I don't know where you got that impression of leakages from.

(1) (2) (Reply)

ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents / Live In Edo As Uromi Women Block Major Road Demanding Fulani Must Go / Herdsmen And Bandit Suddenly Gone Quiet In The South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.