Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) (37963 Views)

Driver Evading LASTMA Raid Crushes Street Cleaners To Death In Lagos / Traffic Management Solutions (TMS) Used By LASTMA To Catch Traffic Offenders / Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by Dailyhappenings: 4:07pm On Dec 02, 2020
And guy reading this wants his time back ...lol....
Well, wetin sweet me pass today na Kiddwaya and Erica how Dem dey kiss for Sierra Leone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy_g0MD1MSc
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by Seyzcham91(m): 4:08pm On Dec 02, 2020
no mind OP

e too dey drink garri or naija economic hardship don dey worry am
OOzz:
Which one is wrongly extorted?

Is there any extortion that is right
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by smartval(m): 4:08pm On Dec 02, 2020
angry
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by Lifeisgoody: 4:10pm On Dec 02, 2020
They can never change
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by Myhusband(m): 4:11pm On Dec 02, 2020
and the fool gm is still holding someone money to snapped with it, like it's your father's right to be billing people's anyhow

may God catch una to cross my lane while driving, na to break una useless legs
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by tot(f): 4:12pm On Dec 02, 2020
benjackugo:

"On Monday, I investigated a case of extortion involving a lady whose vehicle was arrested wrongfully when the police squad attached to the LASTMA Enforcement Unit went to enforce the law on one-way driving without LASTMA personnel.

While making arrests, this innocent motorist was also picked up and her vehicle brought to the headquarters. The vehicle was not booked for any offence. They negotiated from N150,000 and ended up fining her N52,000 using a POS for payment.

She then called the LASTMA contact number and the incident was brought to my notice. I insisted on investigating the issue, identified the officer involved and the money was retrieved. We called the lady to return to LASTMA Headquarters to collect her money

She came with her mum and they were extremely grateful. We will be sending a report to the Police formation for them to start the process of reprimanding the officer involved.

We will not tolerate any negative attitude from our officers or those attached to any of our enforcement units. We continue to encourage road users to send reports of any errant officer via any of our complaint channels."

This is why people should not keep quiet. When things like these happen, don't just let it pass, do something.
Kudos to the LASTMA mgt.
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by SenecaTheYonger: 4:17pm On Dec 02, 2020
What's the point if the erring officer won't be dismissed?
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by OAUTemitayo: 4:17pm On Dec 02, 2020
Look how the Oga is forming innocence.
Na dem dey collect daily remittance from boys o. Awon were

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by Godpikin4real(f): 4:19pm On Dec 02, 2020
Therez beginning to be sanity. God bless u sir. Keep up d good work.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by Coolboy21(m): 4:20pm On Dec 02, 2020
shocked
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by Coolboy21(m): 4:25pm On Dec 02, 2020
Very nice one
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by lekki1444: 4:31pm On Dec 02, 2020
yeah i got lucky today. dodged a bullet. so am making a turning trying to go to the shoprite palms mall from lekki area and so the turning at the intersection had no signs that said no left turn and that you had to drive some more to get to a roundabout and then you can turn and come back to the shoprite road. anyway i took the turning and got nabbed by 3 lastma guys. he said do you know its one way. i said one way ? there are cars going in my direction and cars in the other direction how is this a one way ? then i realised the one way was the left turn i made on the lekki-epe expressway. anyway i got extorted for 1500 naira. could have been worse. could have seized my car and made me pay 250 k . although technically this was not one way because i was not driving against traffic. just made an illegal left turn. which its a new law because you could make left turns at that place a month ago. they change their traffic laws all the time. but hey i didnt have to pay tollgate fees so that was cool those toll gate were wrecked. no fees. endsars looters saved me 600 naira in toll fees grin
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by Benediction777: 4:32pm On Dec 02, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
When will Lagosians get their destinies back from Tinubu tongue
Retarded villager spotted..Go face ur destructive land in d North.
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 02, 2020
God bless you sir. One of the reasons police is hated deeply.
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by charlesucheh(m): 4:34pm On Dec 02, 2020
The greedy officer didn't spread the love to our beloveth LASTMAS, hence his cover was blown!!!

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by Homeboiy: 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2020
mcquin:

You de Benin baba.

You know na
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by Timigeofrey(m): 4:45pm On Dec 02, 2020
More like it
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by HotPoundedYam(m): 4:48pm On Dec 02, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
When will Lagosians get their destinies back from Tinubu tongue
not any time soon
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by friday2011(m): 4:52pm On Dec 02, 2020
Whiteshield:
Since the Endsars protests, Lastma officers have been extremely well behaved and friendly.

Na so naa, dem no say boys no dey smile.
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by friday2011(m): 4:55pm On Dec 02, 2020
lekki1444:
yeah i got lucky today. dodged a bullet. so am making a turning trying to go to the shoprite palms mall from lekki area and so the turning at the intersection had no signs that said no left turn and that you had to drive some more to get to a roundabout and then you can turn and come back to the shoprite road. anyway i took the turning and got nabbed by 3 lastma guys. he said do you know its one way. i said one way ? there are cars going in my direction and cars in the other direction how is this a one way ? then i realised the one way was the left turn i made on the lekki-epe expressway. anyway i got extorted for 1500 naira. could have been worse. could have seized my car and made me pay 250 k . although technically this was not one way because i was not driving against traffic. just made an illegal left turn. which its a new law because you could make left turns at that place a month ago. they change their traffic laws all the time. but hey i didnt have to pay tollgate fees so that was cool those toll gate were wrecked. no fees. endsars looters saved me 600 naira in toll fees grin

But you paid #1500 to Lastma for settlement, did you actually made gain or a loss?
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by lekki1444: 4:59pm On Dec 02, 2020
friday2011:

But you paid #1500 to Lastma for settlement, did you actually made gain or a loss?
considering if they had officially charged me its 250,000 i am facing. and considering the toll gate is damaged and i didnt pay toll fees of 200 multiplied by 3 because shoprite too collect toll but since endsars all toll has stopped. so i saved my self 250,600 minus 1500. saved myself 249,000 naira. its gain. i know someone who paid 250k after they seized his car
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by friday2011(m): 5:07pm On Dec 02, 2020
lekki1444:
considering if they had officially charged me its 250,000 i am facing. and considering the toll gate is damaged and i didnt pay toll fees of 200 multiplied by 3 because shoprite too collect toll but since endsars all toll has stopped. so i saved my self 250,600 minus 1500. saved myself 249,000 naira. its gain. i know someone who paid 250k after they seized his car

Na waooo, when person no dey drive trailer, i tort even if them give you ticket, e no dey pass 20k to 50k, is the 250k official?
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by zudozz: 5:07pm On Dec 02, 2020
What about my own 40k? I was extorted by d lasma at Cele bridge oshodi apapa express by a team led by one ramshackle teethed guy.
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by lekki1444: 5:09pm On Dec 02, 2020
friday2011:

Na waooo, when person no dey drive trailer, i tort even if them give you ticket, e no dey pass 20k to 50k, is the 250k official?
very official. refusal to pay it they will sell your car at auction
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by Aarenasbaba(m): 5:10pm On Dec 02, 2020
Na because she b lady
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by stonemind(f): 5:21pm On Dec 02, 2020
benjackugo:
A lady who was wrongly arrested and extorted by a police squad attached to the LASTMA Enforcement Unit, has gotten her money, IgbereTV reports.

The General Manager of LASTMA, Mr. Olajide Oduyoye said the lady got her money back on Tuesday December 1 after an investigation. He disclosed that the police squad attached to the LASTMA Enforcement Unit went to enforce the law on one-way driving without LASTMA personnel.

Oduyoye tweeted;

https://twitter.com/gm_lastma/status/1334030662987378688?s=19

excuse me is LASTMA a police?
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by damysamy12(m): 5:25pm On Dec 02, 2020
the lady kno person wey sabi person

congrats
Re: Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 02, 2020
lastma officers are touts, Most of these officers don't know their duty. angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Safety Tips Whenever You Visit A Hotel / Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer / Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.