Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Nigeria Demystify the Dogma And Parlance Of “life Is Priceless”borno Case Study - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Demystify the Dogma And Parlance Of “life Is Priceless”borno Case Study (150 Views)

Abia 2023: I'll Demystify The Office Of The Governor When Elected – Sampson Orji / Demystify China: Nigeria Vs China For All Aspects / GODFATHERISM: Imo APC Demystify Rochas As Hope Uzodima Wins! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Demystify the Dogma And Parlance Of “life Is Priceless”borno Case Study by Nifemy4(m): 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2020
The old parlance or phraseology that “human life is priceless and invaluable “seems to elude the nation called Nigeria, which seem not to be pertinent in this region of the world .

In fact, the paradox of its pricelessness is one that is enough to make you get a brain freeze. If you ever get to ponder over how cheap life is in my country.
Life in Nigeria is being obliterated and extirpated For fun on a daily basis,in almost all part of the country.

Massive and wanthon killings off course no longer make headlines anymore. The leaders and followers have adjusted to this carnage and malady. Brethren how else can you describe the low cost of human life and it’s concomitant discounts and affordability .
The current siege and onslaught in Nigeria especially in the north, is the mirror and pragmatic reflection for how much human life has been denigrated to be cheaper than tomatoes and onions .

Another salient anecdote of a contradictory script in Nigeria is a case study of borno . Borno state located in the north east region of Nigeria is referred to as “home of peace “ as it’s state slogan. Peace ?? I am bemused . The so called home of peace is currently the ground zero and the breeding ground of terrorism in Africa and the world at large currently.

We are at the mercy of terrorists “This were the words, verbatim of the minister of information hon.lai Mohammed. Haaa ! When the government itself has capitulate to the barking of the wild monster called insecurity.

Let’s take a paranomic view on the recent attack on zabamari village in Borno.Almost 50 farmers were killed in cold blood. The methodology deployed by the terrorists is one that craves for a National wake up call , and an emissary to us all that we live in perilous times as a Nigerian.

About 50 adults were lined up and decapitated (beheaded ) on Saturday in borno . I am not a security expert,but common sense tells me that this operation will last over an hour. In a war zone area ? With no intervention from the armed forces ? Then My premise ,that the nation is sitting on a gun powder,and it is oblivious to us all is outrightly undisputable
Just like a tinder box , Insecurity has gradually morphed into a midnight monster,and it has taken a very deep and hard root across the nation. Kidnapping , banditry , hoodlums , assassinations, Terrorism , Boko haram ,extrajudicial killings, gun men are the adequate adjectives that best chronicles the state of the nation in the retrospect of security .

The potent barometer to measure good governance is how safe its country is. Safety and adequate Security is a forbidden choice of word that you can describe Nigeria with.

Where do we go from here , who will extricate and emancipate the nation from this shackles and tooth of impending loom of laminar blood flow and harvest of tears of innocent people everyday as the sun set and rise .

A government that fails to take responsibility ? Who looks for every possible ways to abdicate responsibility and Circumvent a way round a situation that calls for them to take the bull by the horn.A government that has lost its stratagem on what to do,and how to oust the killers and terror makers is not a government you should look up to .

PDP takes joy to blame APC, APC is also waiting to point a finger at PDP at every slight opportunity at the expense of human lives.Instead of viscerally rejigging and holistically overhauling the architecture of Securiy Systems in the country . The crystal clear ineptitude of the government and its lackluster will to totally uproot impunity is worrisome.

At this point , we can only look up to God for help and safety . The people we voted for,has marginally failed to protect lives and properties . They have left the citenzry to fend for themselves . How shamefully the populace now joke about about saving up money for ransoms Incase they get kidnapped .
How else can explain to a dummy what a failed nation looks like.

Well as usual the president is still yet to address it’s people on the recent massacre. Well I am not surprised . That’s his epithet.

Ayodeji oluwanifemi
A Writer and an activist

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Insecurity: There Is Possibility Of Terrorism In Nigeria For 20 Years - BURTAI / Statewide Records Show President Buhari Did Better In Borno - Professor Zulum / Wike Signs 2021 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.