Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife (1463 Views)

Photos From The White Wedding Of Music Producer, Tee-y Mix / Tee-y Mix And Ivie Ogbonmwan White Wedding Pictures / Tee-Y Mix And Ivie Ogbonmwan Wedding Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife by nwekeugochukwu: 2:20pm On Dec 02, 2020
Same Way Marriage Is Not An Achievement, Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife, Ivie

Ivie Ibitoye, the wife of music producer, Temitayo Ibitoye a.k.a Tee-Y Mix, has written an open letter to her family and friends cautioning them on the silent pressure they put on expectant couples, IgbereTV reports.

In a series of posts shared on her Instastories, Ivie who got tied the knot with Tee-Y Mix in August 2019, pointed out that it is not in anyone's place to calculate when a person got married and why they do not have kids. She mentioned that it is not anyone's business and that people should learn to mind their business.

The HR expert opined that just as marriage is not an achievement, having children isn't an achievement as well. She averred that when people get to heaven, they will not be given extra points for having children and getting married.

Read her posts below.

https://igberetvnews.com/1373830/way-marriage-achievement-child-achievement-tee-y-mixs-wife-ivie/

Lalasticlala

Re: Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife by Kondomatic(m): 2:23pm On Dec 02, 2020
Marriage is an achievement.

Having a kid is an achievement.

Buying a car is an achievement.

Once you successfully do/get something that you've always wanted to do/get especially after a lot of effort. That's an achievement

4 Likes

Re: Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 02, 2020
She started well and ended badly.

That you are yet to have kids of your own, doesn't mean having children isn't an achievement. Kids are gifts from God. They bring joy to parents. They make marriage worth a while.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 02, 2020
Maybe she's right sha
Re: Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife by IamD18: 2:35pm On Dec 02, 2020
Any woman saying that having kids after marriage isn't an achievement is either barren or wombless.

No fertile woman will ever say such, no man will ever say such because fathering a child is more joyful and memorable to men than wedding day.

If a woman discredit the value and important birthing latest after two years of marriage, then avoid the lady, she's wombless, infertile, stupid, a feminist and deserves not to be in a marriage.

No man wants a barren woman, no man even wants a womb that can't give birth to a male child.

5 Likes

Re: Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 02, 2020
Omo. Nothing wey pesin never see.....

Everybody now knows what is and is not achievement...

Las Las talking without sense is not an achievement..

Watching....

1 Like

Re: Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife by Righteousness89(m): 2:40pm On Dec 02, 2020
O My GOD!
My Sister, I LOVE YOU!
She has Hit the Nail on the spot

If you Can Configure your mind to have the understanding of life she has, you will have no Problem in life because you will see nothing as Problem!

The Greatest Error that could anyone born of Woman is to Miss Heaven or Rapture! Then will you under why King Solomon the Man who had it all Screamed VANITY UPON VANITY! Life is VANITY!!

2 Likes

Re: Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife by Bornsinner7: 2:45pm On Dec 02, 2020
Eleyi gidi gon

Brethren.. church don close

If you build house no be achievement
if you buy car, no be achievement
if you graduate from school, no be achievement
if you marry, no be achievement
if you born pikin, no be achievement
Re: Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife by pocohantas(f): 2:49pm On Dec 02, 2020
Kondomatic:

Once you successfully do/get something that you've always wanted to do/get especially after a lot of effort. That's an achievement

This is a sensible response. I hate when people say this and that is not an achievement. Some people are very pro-marriage/family, so it is an achievement to them and they should be allowed to enjoy it.

However we should understand that this talk comes from a place of pressure most times. Nigerians need to allow others be. Everyone mustn’t follow the societal standard, everyone mustn’t get their desires when they desire it most.

TTC couples are already having it hard enough, stop monitoring their wombs. Same with those seeking for life partners. Run your race and allow them run theirs. After all, it is not like the monitoring spirit’s life is perfect.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife by Kondomatic(m): 3:01pm On Dec 02, 2020
pocohantas:

This is a sensible response. I hate when people say this and that is not an achievement. Some people are very pro-marriage/family, so it is an achievement to them and they should be allowed to enjoy it.

However we should understand that this talk comes from a place of pressure most times. Nigerians need to allow others be. Everyone mustn’t follow the societal standard, everyone mustn’t get their desires when they desire it most.

TTC couples are already having it hard enough, stop monitoring their wombs. Same with those seeking for life partners. Run your race and allow them run theirs. After all, it is not like the monitoring spirit’s life is perfect.

Unfortunately Nigerians are more interested in what's going on in people's life than their own life.

In fact we know alot about what's best for the other person and how the other person should live his or her life and nothing about our own life.

It's just unfortunate.
Re: Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 3:33pm On Dec 02, 2020
Zzor:
Maybe she's right sha
Empty barrel grin
Re: Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 3:34pm On Dec 02, 2020
pocohantas:

I see, perhaps that's the reason why u don't want to tie the knot soon even after men here are giving u greenlights

1 Like

Re: Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 02, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
Empty barrel grin
audio millionaire
Re: Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 3:43pm On Dec 02, 2020
Zzor:
audio millionaire
Broke audio gold digging girl
Re: Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife by Ishilove: 3:46pm On Dec 02, 2020
pocohantas:

Aunty poco, oversense wee not kee you
Re: Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 02, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
Broke audio gold digging girl
I've graduated from that, I now dig diamond. You better upgrade so I can look your way
Re: Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 3:52pm On Dec 02, 2020
Zzor:
I've graduated from that, I now dig diamond. You better upgrade so I can look your way
I don't need to dig because I have my own money unlike you, go and hustle like ur mates and stop looking for rich men to dig.
Re: Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 3:56pm On Dec 02, 2020
What you deem as achievement is not the same for everyone.

For example, some consider cars as liabilities and may not pride in getting one. Even when they do, it doesn't spark a huge place in their heart.

Same goes with having kids, and marriage. They are not universal achievements

Kondomatic:

Re: Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife by joseph1832(m): 4:08pm On Dec 02, 2020
The real question remain: what is achievement?

Frankly I've learned being married, having kids, owning properties bla bla bla ain't achievement because, at the end of the day, after you die, you'll be forgotten.

What I call achievement is to have what Jesus and Mohammed have. Immortality is the key.

1 Like

Re: Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife by iamyemiakins(m): 4:41pm On Dec 02, 2020
Keep ur sh!t to yourself. Na hoes dey talk like this mostly
Re: Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife by Liposure: 4:47pm On Dec 02, 2020
Achievement is relative. What is ultimate for me might not be ultimate for you and what is not ultimate for you might be ultimate for me. Unfortunately in africa the reverse is the case everybody big or small must marry and have kids whether he or she likes it or not

1 Like

Re: Having A Child Is Not An Achievement- Tee-Y Mix's Wife by jachike77342: 5:32pm On Dec 02, 2020
:Broke audio gold digging girl I've graduated from that, I now dig diamond. You better upgrade so I can look your way

(1) (Reply)

Meet Bamaiyi Danladi, The Graffiti Artist That Drew Davido And Tupac / Meet Oluwadarasimi The Youngest Social Media Influencer / Jamal Skul Fees:tiwa Savage After Buying Wristwatch Worth Of Millons With David

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.