Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,057 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Why I Didn’t See Myself As Leadership Material – Pastor Sam Adeyemi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Didn’t See Myself As Leadership Material – Pastor Sam Adeyemi (279 Views)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi's View On Tithing / Daddy Freeze Wrong About Pastor Sam Adeyemi On Tithing / Pastor Sam Adeyemi Takes His Wife Out, Enjoys Jet Ski Ride With Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Didn’t See Myself As Leadership Material – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by Abdulazeez99: 3:25pm On Dec 02, 2020
Senior pastor of Daystar Christian Centre Sam Adeyemi has revealed he thought he was not good enough to be a leader because of introversion and shyness, Igbere TV reports.

The televangelist revealed this in a Twitter thread on Tuesday.

“I didn’t think I was leadership material while young because of my introversion and shyness,” he said.

“It changed when I was loaned a book on leadership, where the author listed the qualities of a leader and said we all have some of the qualities already and can develop the rest.”

Continuing, Adeyemi wrote: “I looked at the list. He was right. My self-esteem soared. The world is negative and teaches us helplessness by making us focus on our failures.”

https://twitter.com/sam_adeyemi/status/1333743619317133312?s=20

He named the book which changed his life as Learning Christian Leadership by Donald Aultman.

Adeyemi urged his followers to remind themselves every morning and night of their positive qualities and achievements and improve effectiveness in their work.

The preacher was recently welcomed into Forbes Coaches Council as an influential life coach.

Lalasticlala

Re: Why I Didn’t See Myself As Leadership Material – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by girlFlavor(f): 3:30pm On Dec 02, 2020
Mam of God. God bless you daddy
Re: Why I Didn’t See Myself As Leadership Material – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by Prawatre: 3:31pm On Dec 02, 2020
We can't all be motivational speaker selling fantasies to the helpless.
Re: Why I Didn’t See Myself As Leadership Material – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by Designsking: 3:41pm On Dec 02, 2020
Fact
Re: Why I Didn’t See Myself As Leadership Material – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by Fahdiga(m): 3:41pm On Dec 02, 2020
Collecting tithes and offerings suits you the best
Re: Why I Didn’t See Myself As Leadership Material – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by jesusjnr1: 5:07pm On Dec 02, 2020
Truth is leadership materials in the sight of men differ from those in the sight of God.

Man looks at everything else but the heart, but God looks at the heart but everything else.

The reason is because God can give everything else, so once He gets the heart he requires, the person is good to go in the sight of God.

That's the way He chose Moses ahead of Aaron despite that Moses was slow in speech and Aaron wasn't, because Moses had the heart God sought for in a leader but Aaron didn't. And since Moses had the heart God required in a leader, He could provide the rest.

His decision appeared justified when Moses left Aaron with the Israelites for a few days, but by the time he would return, Aaron had made the golden calf and caused the children of Israel to sin greatly before God that God wanted to destroy Aaron and would have but for Moses' intervention.

And there's also the instance of the disciples of Jesus who in the sight of men wouldn't be qualified for leadership, but God chose them because it seemed good in His sight to do so.

And His decision appears justified because the standard of church they led is what the church of this present day is finding hard to attain despite being led by many who are leadership materials in the sight of men.

So all you need to a leadership material in God's sight is a good heart, once you have that, God can provide the rest.

And when it comes to choosing leaders, no one comes close to God.

God bless.

(1) (Reply)

Dreams / Governor Emmanuel Re-dedicates Akwa Ibom To God Today (photos) / The Potters House At One LA Sunday Live Service January 3 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.