Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,680 members, 7,831,108 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case (14356 Views)

Summary Of Atiku's Position On Bola Ahmed Tinubu's Certificate Case / APC Dismisses Obaseki’s Sedition Threat Against 14 Absentee Lawmakers / Court To Decide Certificate Case Against Buhari Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by fergie001: 10:26pm On Dec 02, 2020
Mylove55:
you're right.
The mistake has be done.
He forged affidavit 2016 and presented different certificate in 2020 without weac certificate.
Obaseki is gone.
He submitted waec certificate in 2020.

These are the certificates he submitted;

https://www.nairaland.com/5911804/apc-releases-obasekis-waec-result

Don't worry, we will discuss about this later.
Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by fergie001: 10:30pm On Dec 02, 2020
seanfer:

I think if Obaseki submit only the SSCE then APC is just wasting their time and resources. But if he mistakenly submitted all those controversial documents then there might be problem for him. Remember the case in Bayelsa where the APC deputy candidate submitted not only the SSCE but other documents.
He submitted these docs in 2020.

There is something we fail to understand....his 2020 docs aren't the problem.

The problem is that of 2016.
Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by Bragalane: 10:44pm On Dec 02, 2020
But this your line of reasoning is not applicable to that APC candidate in Bayelsa ba abi thag one no write Waec or the court no get sense reach to reason all this then or the court only reason like this whe. It concern the PDP ba ?

fergie001:

When this case was tendered for Ayade.....the SC ruled that it doesn't aid his qualification because Ayade needs just SSCE and he is a Professor...so how does it aid his qualification!?

The same when Atiku challenged Buhari...the Court said Buhari was eminently qualified based on his candidature status as ex-Head of State.

Obaseki needs just SSCE, but UI has confirmed he graduated there so how does it aid his qualification?

It is a difficult case.

2 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by Indispensable85(m): 10:45pm On Dec 02, 2020
fergie001:

That's what I have been saying.

I have seen Governors get away through worse situations, unless Buhari wants Obaseki out....nothing go happen.

I've learnt to just follow court cases with open mind these days. Because no matter how good or bad a case is, this corrupt judiciary must come up with a reason for their judgement in one way or the other. I gave up on our judiciary during that Oshiomhole / giadom saga. That's why I said he should pray that the powers that be don't want him out. Nigeria is messed up in all sectors.

3 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by Mylove55(f): 10:47pm On Dec 02, 2020
fergie001:

What he submitted on 2020 shows that his SSCE was 1973, he attended the Institute of Continuing Education (74-76), degree (79)
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11690567_20e151f46e9_jpegada6909a2c30063a5683650eff824241

I am arguing "in aid of his qualification", how does a supposedly forged UI Certificate aid his qualification when he needs Primary School plus recognition?

To say Obaseki told UI to say 1979 is an indictment on that Institution.
For a school like University of Ibadan.....Please, don't say that.
you're right with the evidence of result.
But obaseki forged affidavit in 2016 that he wrote weac 1973 and degree 1976.
And we question his continuous education certificate.
That is the reason he told Ul to claim 1979 in order to place AL certificate in-between 1973-1976.
But he failed to input that he 2016 affidavit.
With this differences, obaseki has already tied himself with this case.
I'm assuring you that Mrs odili can not help obaseki, or that will mean supreme court to reversed itself in bayelsa case.
Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by Indispensable85(m): 10:49pm On Dec 02, 2020
fergie001:

He submitted waec certificate in 2020.

These are the certificates he submitted;

Don't worry, we will discuss about this later.

I'm looking at his deputy. They might get him through his deputy. Especially if the cabal wants the state back by all means possible ahead of 2023.
Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by fergie001: 10:56pm On Dec 02, 2020
Bragalane:
But this your line of reasoning is not applicable to that APC candidate in Bayelsa ba abi thag one no write Waec or the court no get sense reach to reason all this then or the court only reason like this whe. It concern the PDP ba ?
You are very wrong.

The APC Candidate had 5 names for each of his 5 certificates.
Names that were different from one another.

His case wasn't forgery, but that there was no correlation between his names.

That is why I said earlier that Govs have some of this kind of preferences.

Lalong had that same wahala, though with one of his names & jumped through.

Is Lalong PDP?
Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by fergie001: 10:59pm On Dec 02, 2020
Indispensable85:

I'm looking at his deputy. They might get him through his deputy. Especially if the cabal wants the state back by all means possible ahead of 2023.
We are saying the same thing......If Buhari intends to deal with Obaseki....it is a lost case.

His deputy had no issues with certificates per se because he was just submitting notifications, etc.

I think his main issue is the tax stuffs.
Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by Indispensable85(m): 10:59pm On Dec 02, 2020
fergie001:

He submitted these docs in 2020.

There is something we fail to understand....his 2020 docs aren't the problem.

The problem is that of 2016.

What's your thoughts about that 2016 affidavit? This matter nor easy as it seems oo! The corrupt judiciary has something to hold on to as reason for sacking him under the orders of the criminal cabal that now rule Nigeria.
Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by Indispensable85(m): 11:04pm On Dec 02, 2020
fergie001:

We are saying the same thing......If Buhari intends to deal with Obaseki....it is a lost case.

His deputy had no issues if certificates per se because he was just submitting notifications, etc.

I think his main issue is the tax stuffs.

I'm actually referring to the tax clearance forgery. ICPC already nailed him in that case in 2016 but for his immunity that saved him. I remember how the company's representative testified that he was never an employee of the company whose name he used for the tax clearance certificate.

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by fergie001: 11:05pm On Dec 02, 2020
Mylove55:
you're right with the evidence of result.
But obaseki forged affidavit in 2016 that he wrote weac 1973 and degree 1976.
And we question his continuous education certificate.
That is the reason he told Ul to claim 1979 in order to place AL certificate in-between 1973-1976.
But he failed to input that he 2016 affidavit.
With this differences, obaseki has already tied himself with this case.
I'm assuring you that Mrs odili can not help obaseki, or that will mean supreme court to reversed itself in bayelsa case.
I boasted more than this during Ayade.

When you hear "beyond every reasonable doubts"....you will calm.

The onus of proof is on the the man who brings the case to Court to prove his case and not search for the deficiencies of the defendant.

First things first, he didn't produce an Institute of Education Certificate, he tendered a Statement. If you feel, it is forged, go present the Original.

UI presented a brochure that included all graduands as at 1979, would UI had taken the pains to input his name into a 1979 brochure?

Who is Obaseki for UI to do that?

Then UI should be called to come testify.

I have told you his problem....which is how to wriggle past the fact that he presented a 2016 affidavit containing 1976 with funny signatures

This is the crux of the matter.

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by fergie001: 11:06pm On Dec 02, 2020
Indispensable85:

I'm actually referring to the tax clearance forgery. ICPC already nailed him in that case in 2016 but for his immunity that saved him. I remember how the company's representative testified that he was never an employee of the company whose name he used for the tax clearance certificate.
ICPC had finished the case at the Benin High Court but couldn't read same, because of immunity.

The fact is that, the case will have to re-commence from the beginning and will most likely not be completed before Jan.

They can't even read the judgement, the case is automatically dead and will have to be revived from the very beginning. A case that took over 5 years.
Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by Indispensable85(m): 11:16pm On Dec 02, 2020
fergie001:

I boasted more than this during Ayade.

When you hear "beyond every reasonable doubts"....you will calm.

The onus of proof is on the appellant to prove his case and not search for the deficiencies of the defendant.

First things first, he didn't produce an Institute of Education Certificate, he tendered a Statement. If you feel, it is forged, go present the Original.

UI presented a brochure that include all graduands as at 1979, would UI had taken the pains to input his name into a 1979 brochure?

Then UI should be called to come testify.

I have told you his problem....which is how to wriggle past the fact that he presented a 2016 affidavit containing 1976 with funny signatures

This is the crux of the matter.

What's his best defense against that 2016 affidavit in this case? I'm thinking that for his lawyers to have attempted to prevent the case from being heard may suggest that there's something they're scared of. In 2016, wole olanipekun helped him to escape using technicalities. I remember then that the pdp lead counsel then showed a letter from federal high court Abuja where they denied that the affidavit didn't emanate from them. It's a dicey one. Let's just watch and see how it goes.

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by fergie001: 11:24pm On Dec 02, 2020
Indispensable85:

What's his best defense against that 2016 affidavit in this case? I'm thinking that for his lawyers to have attempted to prevent the case from being heard may suggest that there's something they're scared of. In 2016, wole olanipekun helped him to escape using technicalities. I remember then that the pdp lead counsel then showed a letter from federal high court Abuja where they denied that the affidavit didn't emanate from them. It's a dicey one. Let's just watch and see how it goes.
In 2016, it was statute-barred, but yet last year we saw the Supreme Court decide on a case that was already statute-barred, and indeed disqualified the candidate.

Don't forget that this case is a pre-election one for the 2020 elections and not 2016.

Notwithstanding, if you submit a forged doc in 2000 sef and it is proven you will still be punished.

The APC are filing for perjury which is tactical because if they move it under criminal, it might be difficult to prove.

Na here lawyers go chop, both lawyers are good but the man that will decide the case isn't any of them.

Modified: Perjury is a criminal offence.
Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by gbengress1: 11:36pm On Dec 02, 2020
For the first time on nairaland, I see pure unbiased discuss of the subject matter without name calling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by prigoz(m): 4:20am On Dec 03, 2020
uptimum123:
Pastor Ize Iyamu should be ready to lead Edo state. Obaseki has a case to answer and I don't see him surviving it.

cool
In the dream land
Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by Deadlytruth(m): 6:16am On Dec 03, 2020
fergie001:

When this case was tendered for Ayade.....the SC ruled that it doesn't aid his qualification because Ayade needs just SSCE and he is a Professor...so how does it aid his qualification!?

The same when Atiku challenged Buhari...the Court said Buhari was eminently qualified based on his candidature status as ex-Head of State.

Obaseki needs just SSCE, but UI has confirmed he graduated there so how does it aid his qualification?

It is a difficult case.
Obaseki's SSCE certificate is full of fundamental errors that cast doubts on its genuineness. Philip Shaibu did not submit any SSCE certificate to INEC. He only submitted a testimonial purportedly issued against a graduation year of 1989 in which no one actually graduated from any secondary school in Nigeria courtesy of the extra one year spent by 1989 set on account of the introduction of the 6334 system that year.

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by Indispensable85(m): 6:40am On Dec 03, 2020
fergie001:

In 2016, it was statute-barred, but yet last year we saw the Supreme Court decide on a case that was already statute-barred, and indeed disqualified the candidate.

Don't forget that this case is a pre-election one for the 2020 elections and not 2016.

Notwithstanding, if you submit a forged doc in 2000 sef and it is proven you will still be punished.

The APC are filing for perjury which is tactical because if they move it under criminal, it might be difficult to prove.

Na here lawyers go chop, both lawyers are good but the man that will decide the case isn't any of them.

It's going to be interesting in the coming days and weeks. We'll follow the drama upto the Supreme Court. It's going to be full of intrigues. You know they're taking that of his deputy side by side his. Let's just enjoy the drama sha...... Let me ask you a few questions :can a candidate be disqualified for perjury regardless of the year it was committed? Do you think the powers that be are desperate for apc return to Edo? Or they'll prefer to play ball with obaseki?
Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by Indispensable85(m): 6:48am On Dec 03, 2020
Deadlytruth:

Obaseki's SSCE certificate is full of fundamental errors that cast doubts on its genuineness. Philip Shaibu did not submit any SSCE certificate to INEC. He only submitted a testimonial purportedly issued against a graduation year of 1989 in which no one actually graduated from any secondary school in Nigeria courtesy of the extra one year spent by 1989 set on account of the introduction of the 6334 system that year.

Hmmmn....... Fresh dimension! Interesting weeks ahead.
Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by fergie001: 7:37am On Dec 03, 2020
Indispensable85:

It's going to be interesting in the coming days and weeks. We'll follow the drama upto the Supreme Court. It's going to be full of intrigues. You know they're taking that of his deputy side by side his. Let's just enjoy the drama sha...... Let me ask you a few questions :can a candidate be disqualified for perjury regardless of the year it was committed? Do you think the powers that be are desperate for apc return to Edo? Or they'll prefer to play ball with obaseki?
It is obvious the "powers-that-be" facilitated Obaseki's victory in September, at the expense of Oshio for obvious reasons.
It depends on their agreements.

I don't know for perjury, but for forgery, Yes.

It happened to "Mad Lion" who was sacked by the Supreme Court for a forged doc he presented 4 years before then and didn't re-present the following election cycle.

The SC still insisted, they won't close their eyes to obvious forgery.

Many Govs have run away with obvious perjury cases, though.

Deadlytruth:

This is Obaseki's SSCE Certificate, can't find the fundamental errors.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11690567_20e151f46e9_jpegada6909a2c30063a5683650eff824241

The issue is the UI Cert Obaseki submitted in 2016.

The Court has stated it that there is no law that mandates anyone to submit Certificates, all you need do is show that you attended Secondary School or swear an affidavit.....

A testimonial shows that.

I believe APC would have brought up the issues if there was no WASSCE that year.
Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by rayomata(m): 8:32am On Dec 03, 2020
helinues:
As expected.

Congrats Gov Obaseki
Pls read carefully
Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by Deadlytruth(m): 12:53pm On Dec 03, 2020
fergie001:

It is obvious the "powers-that-be" facilitated Obaseki's victory in September, at the expense of Oshio for obvious reasons.

It happened to "Mad Lion" who was sacked by the Supreme Court for a forged doc he presented 4 years before then and didn't re-present the following election cycle.

The Court has stated it that there is no law that mandates anyone to submit Certificates, all you need do is show that you attended Secondary School or swear an affidavit.....

I believe APC would have brought up the issues if there was no WASSCE that year.
Evidence of qualification is not same as evidence of attendance.
David Lyon's running mate showed evidence of attendance but the court ended up declaring him unqualified on account of discrepancies in certain contents of his evidences of attendance.

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by fergie001: 1:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
Deadlytruth:

Evidence of qualification is not same as evidence of attendance.
David Lyon's running mate showed evidence of attendance but the court ended up declaring him unqualified on account of discrepancies in certain contents of his evidences of attendance.
I don't see the inconsistencies in that SSCE above or perhaps make your explanations simpler.
Buhari only used an affidavit in 2015.

The Court will deal with what you submitted.
Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by Indispensable85(m): 1:09pm On Dec 03, 2020
fergie001:

It's funny how we're even discussing the cabal instead of the law. May God help Nigeria. Thanks for your take.
Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by fergie001: 1:11pm On Dec 03, 2020
Indispensable85:

It's funny how we're even discussing the cabal instead of the law. May God help Nigeria. Thanks for your take.
This is because we have seen the Court give different interpretations to the same issues, depending on the side they are more comfortable with.

Always welcome Sire
Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by Indispensable85(m): 1:15pm On Dec 03, 2020
fergie001:

This is because we have seen the Court give different interpretations to the same issues, depending on the side they are more comfortable with.

Always welcome Sire

You just said it.
Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by seanfer(m): 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2020
fergie001:

I don't see the inconsistencies in that SSCE above or perhaps make your explanations simpler.
Buhari only used an affidavit in 2015.

The Court will deal with what you submitted.

Where I think Obaseki might have issue is the tax case against his deputy. If truly those that are against them can get witnesses from the company he used the name, then they’re good as gone.
Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by fergie001: 1:24pm On Dec 03, 2020
seanfer:

Where I think Obaseki might have issue is the tax case against his deputy. If truly those that are against them can get witnesses from the company he used the name, then they’re good as gone.
The very simplest of all the whole issues.
Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by Kindledlight(m): 1:51pm On Dec 03, 2020
Mylove55:
it is the simplest case.
Buhari used his weac, ayade used his weac, not his degree.
If obaseki had used his weac, even if he has nine f9 like adeleke, nobody will challenged him.
Obaseki presented two different certificate to inec.

Exactly

I thought that moniker is current and is very conversant with law but reverse seems to be the case, Probably trying to be sentimental or otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case by cpu2006(m): 2:54pm On Dec 03, 2020
matter like this suppose handle by lawyer.
barrister in the house should come up and tell us what law said about this matter.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“Operation Restore Peace” Launched In Port-Harcourt By IGP Alkali Baba / The Truth Abt Aguiyi Ironsi Death, Nigerian Coups,and Igbos Ambitions / Amnesty Accuses Nigerian Army Of Killing At Least 17 Unarmed Biafran Separatists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.