Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum (5348 Views)

92nd Birthday Cake Robert Mugabe Got From His Staff This Morning (Photos) / Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech Most Read / Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by RSA(m): 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2011
Nplnsolo:

I think the idea is that if Gadaffi has a nation he can go to in exile, then it offers him a way out of the crisis. As far as Zimbabwe's development goes, when I was in Harare, a young American told me that Zimbabwe was a very poor country. I asked her if she had seen the city, she said that she had but that there was little development out in the rural zones. That is pretty much true of any nation. Had Mugabe invested the majority of the nation's wealth in developing the countryside, the same woman would have commented that Harare's buildings were all left over from white rule. That is how some people think. I am telling you, I road with a young man from America from Mozambique to Zimbabwe over hundreds of miles of brand new black top highway. There was one section of road of about 50 feet that was still being constructed. It was where the two ends of the blacktop highway met up. And I already knew what this guy was going to tell me. At that very point he groaned, "Oh, this road is just so awful!!!" That is how some people think. If John Smith puts a cup on top of the table, someone thinks, "Oh, great, he has a free hand, let me go over there and shake it, and I'll make a new acquaintence." The same guy sees a black man put his cup down on the same table and he thinks to himself, "He put that filthy cup down on top of that table! No respect! Someone ought to put him in his place, " It is unfortunate but it is true and I think it contibutes to mental illness in minority members in the USA and in Europe, etc. because there is a steady drumbeat of negativity that is pounded into many peoples heads and it causes chronic stress undecided

I really like your comments,thank you.
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by isalegan2: 2:41pm On Mar 28, 2011
cap28:

^^^^^^

grin grin grin grin thats my gurl

Yeah, right! cheesy  Politics does make strange bedfellows.  tongue 

(Just kidding o.  I do believe Cap is happily married; No hanky panky.  Are you hearing me, Jesoul?)

We don't agree on everything but when we do, watch out!

Either way, you always backup your position with facts.  So, just keep coming with the knowledge and let the apologists wallow in it.  cool
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by MrCartha: 8:40am On Mar 31, 2011
One madman offering another maddog an assylum undecided Another beginning into the end of Zimbabweans grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

AM News: Inside Pictures of Trumps House (aka Trump Tower) [PHOTOS] / Obama Slow Jams The News With Jimmy Fallon @ Late Night / Graphic:: Russian Loses In Ukraine, Destroyed And Abandoned Hardwares. PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.