Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,843 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements (13797 Views)

UK University Goes On Strike - Nigerian Student Shocked / Mr Macaroni On ASUU Strike: Nigerian Students Deserve Better / ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Orders Universities To Implement ‘no Work, No Pay’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by kennybuluro(m): 7:15am On Dec 03, 2020
PM me for your bespoke native wears and cut to size classy shirts . All at affordable price and made from quality fabrics.
@appearanceconcepts giving you the best value for your money is what we do.
Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by baby124: 7:18am On Dec 03, 2020
Just put all these people on contracts so they can be sacked if they don’t improve and deliver on the so called education. Plus they won’t be able to join union and hold education in this country as a hostage situation. Make sure tenured staff are administrative staff only. Shior.
Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by kraftysprouts: 7:18am On Dec 03, 2020
Doradorwa:
Well I believe this is a good move that came in quite late. in fact very late. This present administration ought to have review the 2009 MoU the government had with ASUU since they know they can't meet up with it but no they used 5 years to procatisnate and wasted unnecessary time playing blame game that is clear that the lecturers are gonna win. It's only in Nigeria that once power changes hand previous projects on ground will be called"abadon projects".The question is while they review the MoU what do they expect students to do?. We should sit and watch a failed nation at theater..... Educationists are the future of the world infact the future of any working government but ASUU just teach us white man education with teaching social morals and Patriotism hence all this.... God save us all.

They will default in the agreement again, na habit for naija government

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by Simonayuba(m): 7:24am On Dec 03, 2020
I'm beginning to get tired of ASUU News highlights
Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by hassana45502: 7:27am On Dec 03, 2020
Thjs country is not country. It is contradictory as my sentence
Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by WowSweetGuy(m): 7:29am On Dec 03, 2020
I pity Nigerian students. Una don dey too old for house
Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by pickatyou2: 7:29am On Dec 03, 2020
ASUU should be the best striker in the world.

The only striker better than lewandowski this 2020.

For your car tracking services and installation, check my signature
Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by Nackzy: 7:32am On Dec 03, 2020
Nigeria has Gone sour
Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by seguntijan(m): 7:34am On Dec 03, 2020
The University is the vehicle, FG is the owner, students are the passenger and ASUU is the driver.

Vehicle owner only wish to hear that the vehicle is moving, passenger only wish to get to his destination, but a GOOD DRIVER pays attention to the vehicle and stop it (even when it is still driveable) for necessary repairs and maintainance, regardless the grumblings and murmurings from the owner and the passenger. Not to just continue driving till the vehicle knocks to a stop or crash due to multiple faults.

So, whenever you remember that the drivers of the four refineries Nigeria used to have drove the refineries to the dump sites they are today, same with Nitel, Ajaokuta steel and many other govt owned companies, and the fact that NEPA was only salvage at scrap and the so called private drivers can't still get it running smoothly, thank ASUU again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 03, 2020
They are setting up committees at the expense of the life of Nigeria students life. Until the students storm the street of Nigeria this old fools will not receive sense. After this committee another committee will still come up again to look into the one of 2015.

May while pls watch this video of people and countries receiving the mark of the 666 and how the 5G network is being use to carry out their purpose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM82Mn2Lkuo
Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 03, 2020
They are setting up committees at the expense of the life of Nigeria students life. Until the students storm the street of Nigeria this old fools will not receive sense. After this committee another committee will still come up again to look into the one of 2015
Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by capitalzero: 7:43am On Dec 03, 2020
seguntijan:

The University is the vehicle, FG is the owner, students are the passenger and ASUU is the driver.

Vehicle owner only wish to hear that the vehicle is moving, passenger only wish to get to his destination, but a GOOD DRIVER pays attention to the vehicle and stop it (even when it is still driveable) for necessary repairs and maintainance, regardless the grumblings and murmurings from the owner and the passenger. Not to just continue driving till the vehicle knocks to a stop or crash due to multiple faults.

So, whenever you remember that the drivers of the four refineries Nigeria used to have drove the refineries to the dump sites they are today, same with Nitel, Ajaokuta steel and many other govt owned companies, and the fact that NEPA was only salvage at scrap and the so called private drivers can't still get it running smoothly, thank ASUU again.

In this case, driver is drug addict and both vehicle and passengers are not safe. The best decision for the owner is to ask driver to go for psychological evaluation. But driver refuses because he knows he would fail drug test.
Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:49am On Dec 03, 2020
Doradorwa:
Well I believe this is a good move that came in quite late. in fact very late. This present administration ought to have review the 2009 MoU the government had with ASUU since they know they can't meet up with it but no they used 5 years to procatisnate and wasted unnecessary time playing blame game that is clear that the lecturers are gonna win. It's only in Nigeria that once power changes hand previous projects on ground will be called"abadon projects".The question is while they review the MoU what do they expect students to do?. We should sit and watch a failed nation at theater..... Educationists are the future of the world infact the future of any working government but ASUU just teach us white man education without teaching social morals and Patriotism hence all this.... God save us all.
I know I will see you here
Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:50am On Dec 03, 2020
smartval:
Some lazy youths are still waiting for the strike to be called off so they can go back to continue fornication where they stopped, better you go and learn skills or even trade, Nigeria don cast
Lolz don't mind them, the year self is already gone, Wetin dem want go do for school again?
Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by Dreamliner787(m): 7:55am On Dec 03, 2020
In anything they do, they should try as much as possible to call off the strike this year so we can all resume first week of January
Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:56am On Dec 03, 2020
seguntijan:

Students are ignorant, they don't know all these, that's why when I see them blame ASUU I do insult them, the FG is the fault here, Nigerian educational institutions are dilapidated, the government should be ashamed for once

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by Lawsimon(m): 8:00am On Dec 03, 2020
From 2009 to date is almost 12 years and yet the committee could not resolve the lingering industrial action. It could also take the newly reconstituted committee another 12 years to acknowledge that that have failed.

Las las, it is the Nigerian students that are at the receiving end.

By 2032, we shall know how far from the committee. But in the main time, Nigerian university students should not fail to incorporate industrial actions into their school calendar; it has become intrinsically significant such that it is now seen as a normal occurrence.
Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by loko50(m): 8:08am On Dec 03, 2020
Daploid06:
ASUU will still come out and say the committee consists of several 419

Make they call strike off matter

If you don't have anything meaningful to contribute then stop wasting space!
Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by Jerewise332(m): 8:09am On Dec 03, 2020
For the fact that they still linger the strike till this festive period, which they know by this time on normalcy, schools is always scanty cos most students will be making plans to meet with their loved ones and family. I think they should just resume first week of January 2021
Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by Obc1234(m): 8:27am On Dec 03, 2020
Next year I dey beg
Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by VTJN(m): 8:35am On Dec 03, 2020
Dreamliner787:
In anything they do, they should try as much as possible to call off the strike this year so we can all resume first week of January
The strike can't be called off this year, it will be next year jan or feb.
Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by Toyorsih(m): 9:55am On Dec 03, 2020
kambili999:
Please just put an end to this strike let these children move on with their lives. I know someone who has been in 500 l for going to 3 yes now

Haba

With the way things are going, I might spend 4years in 500level
Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by kambili999(f): 10:02am On Dec 03, 2020
Toyorsih:

With the way things are going, I might spend 4years in 500level
speak positive things dear.

Don't look at the situation of things now.
Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by massalati(m): 10:11am On Dec 03, 2020
gideonite98:
Just make sure you collect everything from government and settle the matter once and for all.
If na to settle bill for politicians the government will put that one as number one priority in the government.
ASUU call of strike next year
I no fit resume school this year o
Na December be this no be unfortunate o

Shoni btc? Bring am
Gift card? Bring am
Green dot? Bring am
Cash app? Cash out
Zelle? Bring am
Venmo nko? Bring am
Paypal? Bring am
Go bank? Bring am

Baba i get gift card for sale how we go run am?
Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by Bellotelli: 10:12am On Dec 03, 2020
Another job for the boys lipsrsealed
Re: ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Sets Up New Committee To Renegotiate 2009 Agreements by Dreamliner787(m): 10:14am On Dec 03, 2020
VTJN:
The strike can't be called off this year, it will be next year jan or feb.

I don't think so

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku, Others Sign Petition To End ASUU Strike / UNN Post Graduate (PG) Admission For 2015/2016 Session Deadline: June 30th, 2015 / ABSU VC Is Corrupt, Refusing To Sign Certificates And Asking For Money.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.