Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

2007 13 Pin Transmission Issue. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2007 13 Pin Transmission Issue. (998 Views)

Why Is A 13 Pin Gearbox Not Repairable / How Do I Convert My Gear From 13 Pin To 10 Pin? / Sienna Transmission Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2007 13 Pin Transmission Issue. by OgbeniOptional(m): 11:44pm On Dec 02, 2020
I recently help my brother purchase a Nigerian used 2007 Camry 4 plugs. Before paying i had my mechanic drive the car and okay it, gear was changing smoothly that i drove from lag to osogbo still runs great and very quiet. But every morning or when parked for a long time let's say 4 hours+ when i put the car to drive, it would just be reving high until it changes gear(between 50 seconds to 1.30 minutes) but after that the car runs Great. U won't hear nothing when gear is changing. We changed the gear oil with 4 liter can ws at fluid(recommend d for 13 pin gear as i see on the dipstick, the oil we drained is not even up to 4 liters but like 3 liters plus) and no change, today we changed the speed sensor attached to top of the transmission before i left for ibadan and no change as well after parking for long. Two mechanics drove the car and said the gear is OK. But when it is cool im the only one who noticed this. As i am typing i just came back from ibadan but it happened after i parked it for long more than 4 hours but still runs great and gear changing very sharp after that reving high stuff. Im worried cuz i don't want no complain from him
Re: 2007 13 Pin Transmission Issue. by Mayor555(m): 8:54pm On Dec 03, 2020
You might be having issues with the valve body...

It's a dicey issue.

Had similar issue like 2/3 months ago.

If valve body change won't solve the issue, then spend no more, it's an internal error. You might have to replace the transmission.

Modified: boss, try this out, put the gear to D(drive), wait about five minutes(wait very well) without reving the car at all. See if the gear engages itself.

If it does, don't try changing the valve body it will amount to waste of money.

But if it doesn't, and it's untill you rev high before it engages, then try the valve body.

The solenoids inside might be faulty.

I understand your pain, it will be well.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Effective Is The PEDPA (BOLT/UBER) Strike In Your Area. / Camry 2004 Overheating After Changing Water Pump / CAR (peugeot 307)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.