Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Libyan Man Condemns Imperialist Invasion - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Libyan Man Condemns Imperialist Invasion (736 Views)

Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador / Imperialist Powers Escalate War In Mali / Gadaffi's Son Slams Imperialist Vultures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Libyan Man Condemns Imperialist Invasion by cap28: 4:04am On Mar 23, 2011
The western media continue to parrot their lies, claiming that their intervention in libya was on humanitarian grounds, fortunately the libyan people are not as gullible as many people in the west who have bought this pathetic lie, here is what a libyan resident thinks of the west and their latest neo colonial adventure in his country:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn4lu9VzxYM&feature=email
Re: Libyan Man Condemns Imperialist Invasion by PhysicsMHD(m): 5:59am On Mar 23, 2011
Interesting information. He is in Tripoli though, so he's biased.
Re: Libyan Man Condemns Imperialist Invasion by DeeJay20: 4:14pm On Mar 23, 2011
hmmm o.k lets see how this plays out, it seems that youtube is
the most trustworthy tv now lol!
Re: Libyan Man Condemns Imperialist Invasion by MandingoII(m): 5:16pm On Mar 23, 2011
Interesting information. He is in Tripoli though, so he's biased.

you are rather STUPID and unenlightened on world matters.

Stop posting!
Re: Libyan Man Condemns Imperialist Invasion by morpheus24: 6:25pm On Mar 23, 2011
MandingoII:

you are rather silly and unenlightened on world matters.

Stop posting!

HA!

notice that was only one "HA". it was hard to keeping laughing.
Re: Libyan Man Condemns Imperialist Invasion by PhysicsMHD(m): 7:24pm On Mar 23, 2011
MandingoII:

you are rather silly and unenlightened on world matters. 

Stop posting!

What's your problem?

Fact of the matter is, if he's in Tripoli, he's probably biased. Just because he says he was a dentist that was never interested in politics doesn't change the fact that Tripoli is a Ghaddafi stronghold.

What else have I said that's silly and unenlightened?
Re: Libyan Man Condemns Imperialist Invasion by cap28: 7:32pm On Mar 23, 2011
morpheus24:

HA!

notice that was only one "HA". it was hard to keeping laughing.

why was it hard for you to "keeping" laughing?
Re: Libyan Man Condemns Imperialist Invasion by PhysicsMHD(m): 7:37pm On Mar 23, 2011
"What monstrous absurdities and paradoxes have resisted whole batteries of serious arguments, and then crumbled swiftly into dust before the ringing death-knell of a laugh!" - Agnes Repplier
Re: Libyan Man Condemns Imperialist Invasion by Sunofgod(m): 8:44pm On Mar 23, 2011
Re: Libyan Man Condemns Imperialist Invasion by JeSoul(f): 9:14pm On Mar 23, 2011
cap28:

The western media continue to parrot their lies, claiming that their intervention in libya was on humanitarian grounds, fortunately the libyan people are not as gullible as many people in the west who have bought this pathetic lie, here is what a libyan resident thinks of the west and their latest neo colonial adventure in his country:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn4lu9VzxYM&feature=email
How does one man equal and suddenly represent "the Libyan people"?
Re: Libyan Man Condemns Imperialist Invasion by Sunofgod(m): 10:05pm On Mar 23, 2011
Re: Libyan Man Condemns Imperialist Invasion by cap28: 10:07pm On Mar 23, 2011
JeSoul:

Yes im sure he's just making this up, this whole thing about him and his family being frightened in the night by the sound of aircraft -im sure thats just him getting overexcited, perhaps i'll arrange to get an interview with the entire 6 million inhabitants of Libya in order to convince you that the libyan people are not in support of this invasion - what do you think?
Re: Libyan Man Condemns Imperialist Invasion by pleep(m): 10:12pm On Mar 23, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

"What monstrous absurdities and paradoxes have resisted whole batteries of serious arguments, and then crumbled swiftly into dust before the ringing death-knell of a laugh!" - Agnes Repplier
. Thats a good quote. I think I'll use it sometime grin
Re: Libyan Man Condemns Imperialist Invasion by pleep(m): 10:33pm On Mar 23, 2011
JeSoul:

he represents the side of the story the mainstream media is refusing to tell you about. Not everyone in libya is against ghaddafi if I were to guess I would say that the protestors could be less than 25%. A vocal armed minority is a very powerfull thing. the united states won it's independace from Britain with less than 25% active support. In these sorts of things the majority is usually apathetic.
Re: Libyan Man Condemns Imperialist Invasion by Horus(m): 11:40pm On Mar 23, 2011
I think the Libyan in this video is sincere. The western media are using the same lies that they used for the invasion of Irak.
Re: Libyan Man Condemns Imperialist Invasion by DeeJay20: 1:44pm On Mar 24, 2011
ITS GOOD SEASON TO BE A REBEL!!! IN LIBYA I GUESS, !
Re: Libyan Man Condemns Imperialist Invasion by cap28: 2:22pm On Mar 24, 2011
deejay how you dey:

you might want to listen to this:

http://tarpley.net/
Re: Libyan Man Condemns Imperialist Invasion by Omenani(m): 2:50pm On Mar 24, 2011
I find that many people do not understand Libya. Libya is a very "tribal" country, where the various tribes have always fought for supremacy. Western Libya is very different from Eastern Libya. In Western Libya, Muammar al-Gaddafi gets most of his support from 3 main "tribes" including his own clan. Those 3 main tribes has controlled Libya ever since the coup led by Gaddafi to oust the king of Libya who was from Eastern Libya (Cyrene Coast). These power dynamics have not been explained to the world. Gaddafi does have supporters due to "tribal" allegiances.
Re: Libyan Man Condemns Imperialist Invasion by JeSoul(f): 3:07pm On Mar 24, 2011
cap28:

Yes im sure he's just making this up, this whole thing about him and his family being frightened in the night by the sound of aircraft -im sure thats just him getting overexcited, perhaps i'll arrange to get an interview with the entire 6 million inhabitants of Libya in order to convince you that the libyan people are not in support of this invasion - what do you think?
Actually, that'd be too much work for even you. The only thing I'd have you do is stop drawing far-reaching conclusions & making definitive declarations on behalf of an entire nation from one source. That will do.

pleep:

he represents the side of the story the mainstream media is refusing to tell you about. Not everyone in libya is against ghaddafi if I were to guess I would say that the protestors could be less than 25%. A vocal armed minority is a very powerfull thing. the united states won it's independace from Britain with less than 25% active support. In these sorts of things the majority is usually apathetic.
Absolutely right pleep. And any honest person will readily admit to this. Every country run by dictators is like this. They'll always have their supporters and defectors. The point I was making was how can the OP take the statement of one man, and suddenly assign him the position of spokesman for "all the Libyan people"?
Re: Libyan Man Condemns Imperialist Invasion by DeeJay20: 6:43pm On Mar 24, 2011
cap28:

deejay how you dey:

you might want to listen to this:

http://tarpley.net/

Listening CAP28,

(1) (Reply)

Barack Obama Is 50 / Troy Davis (black) Killed, Maintained His Innocence Until The End! / Kenyan Activist Launches Anti-bribe Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.