Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Funny Mistakes You Normally Make While Writing Programs - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Funny Mistakes You Normally Make While Writing Programs (324 Views)

We Should Start Writing Programs In Our Indigenous Languages ? / Mistakes Programmers Make While Starting / Learn Rust - Build Fast, Safe And Concurrent Programs Without Tears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Mistakes You Normally Make While Writing Programs by logicDcoder(m): 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2020
Mine is that I normally forget to terminate some statements (I use syntactically written languages(Java, C++ etc.) not dynamically written ones(Python, kotlin etc.)) and also if I want to compile a program using PowerShell I often use backward slashes instead of forward slashes while inputting the program's directory. The latter made me debug a bugless code for over one week *laughs* trying to find something that's not there. I later found out that I used backward slashes (Even though I was facially happy but deep inside I was filled with anger).

Share Yours!

1 Like

Re: Funny Mistakes You Normally Make While Writing Programs by cixak95211: 4:54pm On Dec 03, 2020
lol . . funny but you should learn to use a debugger
instead of having to manually screen every line trying to find where you did a typo or didn't add a terminator . . .
Re: Funny Mistakes You Normally Make While Writing Programs by parkervero(m): 5:44pm On Dec 03, 2020
If you code in java your IDE should warn you na. All the 3 major java IDEs will warn you of missing semi colon(wink
Re: Funny Mistakes You Normally Make While Writing Programs by Karleb(m): 5:47pm On Dec 03, 2020
parkervero:
If you code in java your IDE should warn you na. All the 3 major java IDEs will warn you of missing semi colon(wink

IDE will spoil you. cheesy

IDE be like, you declared a variable but didn't use it.

1 Like

Re: Funny Mistakes You Normally Make While Writing Programs by parkervero(m): 5:57pm On Dec 03, 2020
Karleb:

IDE will spoil you. cheesy

IDE be like, you declared a variable but didn't use it.

Not people like me that still code using text editor. But IDE make debugging easier.
Re: Funny Mistakes You Normally Make While Writing Programs by logicDcoder(m): 10:27pm On Dec 03, 2020
cixak95211:
lol . . funny but you should learn to use a debugger
instead of having to manually screen every line trying to find where you did a typo or didn't add a terminator . . .

I don't know how to use debuggers
Re: Funny Mistakes You Normally Make While Writing Programs by logicDcoder(m): 10:30pm On Dec 03, 2020
parkervero:
IDE reports common syntax errors but not all ooo

(1) (Reply)

School Management System For Higher Instituition / Urgent Vacancy In An Electronic Components Store / How To Integrate Paystack To Receive Payment – Implemented In PHP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.