Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

I Need Guide For Pregnant GSD - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Need Guide For Pregnant GSD (521 Views)

Treatment For Pregnant Dog Suffering From Parvo / 6 Weeks Pregnant Gsd For Sale ,owner Has Travelled / What Else Can I Feed My Pregnant GSD With Aside Noodles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Guide For Pregnant GSD by Oloweh: 11:42pm On Dec 03, 2020
I am new to dog breeding, i mated my GSD 2wice and both male and female tied together.Now my female GSD stopped eating after mating. A also how can I tell that the mating was Successful? What can I do to make the dog eat?
Re: I Need Guide For Pregnant GSD by amizzy48(m): 5:02am On Dec 04, 2020
Oloweh:
I am new to dog breeding, i mated my GSD 2wice and both male and female tied together.Now my female GSD stopped eating after mating. A also how can I tell that the mating was Successful? What can I do to make the dog eat?
inappetence is one of the major symptoms of pregnancies some other symptoms u might watchout for within the first 3weeks from the last mating date like vomitting mostly in the mornings, morning sickness ie less active in the morning, secretion of fluid from the vulva( it must be clear and odourless) most of the time when there is fluid discharge from the vulva its assume mating is sucessful but only pregnancy test from a vet that confirm 100% if a dog is actually pregnant because even dog with fake or false pregnancy show the following symptoms.

well some pregnant dogs tend to be selective , i have two female mature gsd one of them during pregnancy after first 21-25days she will reject her dry kibble instead she prefer rice with fish mersh inside it or fry egg then she also eat semovita with egusi /okro/ ogbono and fish/meat sliced inside the soup to induce her appetite or bread and egg.
so my advice for you is to try to explore to know what ur dog like . include fish/meat /egg in her meal also put the meat / fish water inside her meal, it work very well.
get the yellow b-complex ; administer one tab morning and evening it helps to stimulate appetite
, you can also buy folic acid(one in the morning and evening as well)

donot feed ur dog fruits like pineapple, watermelon, paw-paw most especially and some other fruits they release enzyme which might affect pregnancy at early stage

prevent ur dog from the following : excessive running, excessive barking which can be prevented if you keep them away from visitors, jumping.
Re: I Need Guide For Pregnant GSD by Oloweh: 6:22am On Dec 04, 2020
Thank you very much,
Re: I Need Guide For Pregnant GSD by amizzy48(m): 10:02am On Dec 04, 2020
Oloweh:
Thank you very much,
uwc .also donot bath ur dog for the next 65-70days from the last mating date, u can clean her up gently with a towel or a clean foam that is not too wet if her fur is dirty

(1) (Reply)

How To Feed A Dachshund? / 3 Months Female Pitbull Puppy Available / Pictured: The Type Of Snake You Rarely See In Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.