Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. (2325 Views)

Primary Six Pupil Caught In Sex Act With Head Master / Kano School Head Master Imprisoned For Telling Lies (Photos) / Finally Received My Bsc. After 17 Years As An Undergraduate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by MARSHALDEMSA202(m): 3:53am On Dec 04, 2020
Good morning Nairalanders.
I was called to teach in a private school last month and I resumed work immediately without hesitation.
The school I was called to teach is a Nur & PRI school with 100+ pupils with the minimum of #12500 naira as school fees for each pupil, maximum of ten teachers including Nanny, I was asked to teach in primary six with about 11 subject, and I did that with the whole of my heart, when the month end, I received #6000 as my salary.
Please Naira Landers your advice is needed on what to do, we are starting exams next week and I have set the exams questions and handed over to him, should I quit the teaching and move on or should wait and see.
Though am awaiting for my NYSC, possibly next year when the portal is opened for fresh registration. The head master promised to work it out for me to serve in his school after my camp.

Please your advice is needed. Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by thesicilian: 4:52am On Dec 04, 2020
Didn't you agree on a salary before resumption of work?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by parkervero(m): 4:59am On Dec 04, 2020
But you're almajiri na, you should appreciate that 6k, almajiri will jump on 6k which you did. Happy teaching

2 Likes

Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by Duru9(m): 5:34am On Dec 04, 2020
parkervero:
But you're almajiri na, you should appreciate that 6k, almajiri will jump on 6k which you did. Happy teaching

Get sense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by grim33(m): 5:41am On Dec 04, 2020
WOW
parkervero:
Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by Brandonx(m): 6:01am On Dec 04, 2020
Why do I find it hard to believe? How can you work for four weeks to 6k undecided is it not better you stay at home and read books instead?

What do you intend to do with 6k undecided
Subscribe for Internet?
Buy call cards ?
Pay for your laundry?

Although I don't believe this story but if it's true then it's not worth it.

2 Likes

Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by Nobody: 6:13am On Dec 04, 2020
Go to where you are valued. 6k will not even buy you Data in a month. Finish the exams and quit the job otherwise you may not be able to open yourself to better opportunities.privTe s hooks are all about profit mostly and only a few schoolc care about Staff welfare

1 Like

Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by Karleb(m): 6:45am On Dec 04, 2020
Funny thing is, I once worked for 10K pre-NYSC. grin

Looking back now, I regret it.

Even the devil knows that if anyone offer me such poverty striken figures, I might end up cursing the individual.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by MARSHALDEMSA202(m): 6:59am On Dec 04, 2020
thesicilian:

Yes sir, the man has been telling me from day one that we'll talk about the money tomorrow till it reached month end with same story
Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by MARSHALDEMSA202(m): 7:00am On Dec 04, 2020
I really felt bad about it
Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by grim33(m): 7:00am On Dec 04, 2020
Lol
Karleb:
Funny thing is, I once worked for 10K pre-NYSC. grin

Looking back now, I regret it.

Even the devil knows that if anyone offer me such poverty striken figures, I might end up cursing the individual.

Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by MARSHALDEMSA202(m): 7:02am On Dec 04, 2020
OK sir. Thanks alot
Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by Karleb(m): 7:03am On Dec 04, 2020
MARSHALDEMSA202:

Yes sir, the man has been telling me from day one that we'll talk about the money tomorrow till it reached month end with same story

Guy, stop going to that school.

Besides, never start a work without negotiation.

2 Likes

Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by MARSHALDEMSA202(m): 7:03am On Dec 04, 2020
Brandonx:
Why do I find it hard to believe? How can you work for four weeks to 6k undecided is it not better you stay at home and read books instead?

What do you intend to do with 6k undecided
Subscribe for Internet?
Buy call cards ?
Pay for your laundry?

Although I don't believe this story but if it's true then it's not worth it.

Its true sir, I was paid last Wednesday
Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by MARSHALDEMSA202(m): 7:03am On Dec 04, 2020
Karleb:

Guy, stop going to that school.

Besides, never start a work without negotiation.

Okay sir
Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by MARSHALDEMSA202(m): 7:04am On Dec 04, 2020
parkervero:

Lol
Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by MARSHALDEMSA202(m): 7:05am On Dec 04, 2020
thesicilian:

No sir. The man has been telling me right from day one of my resumption that we'll talk about the money till the Month ended he now gave me 6k
Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by shegzan(m): 7:30am On Dec 04, 2020
you waited on his feedback too long... the moment he told you that you guys would discuss the money part, right there and then, you should have demanded to know what would be coming in for u.
I don't do anything without a formal agreement. well, if u think u can manage with the 6k, u can keep going till you go for service. But OP, na u dey dah picture wey dey up?

4 Likes

Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by thesicilian: 7:45am On Dec 04, 2020
MARSHALDEMSA202:

No sir. The man has been telling me right from day one of my resumption that we'll talk about the money till the Monet ended he now gave me 6k
Big mistake on your part. And also a big lesson. Always make sure everything is clear before you start working: salary, working days, resumption and closing, clear cut job description etc.

The man is wicked for paying such peanuts but then again he hasn't done anything illegal (except it is illegal to pay below minimum wage).

Anyway, what's done is done. I'll advise you to finish the term completely (since you have already set the exam questions, all that remains is invigilation and marking) and then resign.

No matter how badly I have been hurt by my former employers, I always tried to leave on good terms. You never can tell when you might need a signature or reference letter years from now. This world is a small world.

2 Likes

Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by MARSHALDEMSA202(m): 7:47am On Dec 04, 2020
shegzan:
you waited on his feedback too long... the moment he told you that you guys would discuss the money part, right there and then, you should have demanded to know what would be coming in for u.
I don't do anything without a formal agreement. well, if u think u can manage with the 6k, u can keep going till you go for service. But OP, na u dey dah picture wey dey up?

Lol...no.sir

Thanks for your words
Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by Brandonx(m): 8:24am On Dec 04, 2020
MARSHALDEMSA202:

Its true sir, I was paid last Wednesday
I'm sorry but it's laughable grin grin
Where are you based ?
Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by Orjioorji(f): 8:31am On Dec 04, 2020
MARSHALDEMSA202:
I really felt bad about it
we have all been there before. But 6k is very small after the exam by January don't return move on God will make a way for you. Even if it's carrying blocks in building site with your certificate it's better .
Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by gbowoade85142: 8:38am On Dec 04, 2020
:Didn't you agree on a salary before resumption of work?Yes sir, the man has been telling me from day one that we'll talk about the money tomorrow till it reached month end with same story
Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by Herbephe1(m): 8:43am On Dec 04, 2020
Nothing is more stupid than a graduate asking whether to wait for 6k job or not.
Shey you de whine me ni?
You didn't even negotiate how much your stipend would be.

Wait of 6000 ABI 60000?
Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by ednut1(m): 9:19am On Dec 04, 2020
Quit
Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by emmy512: 9:20am On Dec 04, 2020
Guy I'm embarrassed to hear this.
Pick a skill, go sell pure water, do something other than teaching in that school.
They sell more.
2014 at age 17 I was earning 15k and bonus of 2k with good sales for selling pure water from truck. That standard got to me that I can't find myself collecting less than what I'm worth.
The moment you do that you rubbish yourself.
Had an encounter with an Indian, I didn't know he was Indian until he started misbehaving and I looked him up.
He requested for my services and was going to pay 5 dollars for 5, something I don 5 to 10$ for 1.
I accepted based on just getting an additional review,
The guy started acting like his the boss, throwing orders here and there, calling me names when he wasn't satisfied. I kept shut and gave him his work when I was done, after all he came back a week later and placed and order for Sam's thing, this time with 8 for 5$ I just laughed and cancelled it.

The moment you take yourself down. You'll be taken advantage of.
Stop that work, don't even negotiate with the man, it's evil.
Any school that can't pay its staff at least the same amount a student pays for their fees is ...

1 Like

Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by chii8(f): 9:27am On Dec 04, 2020
Na waooo,Oga you fall hand die.

Na una dey spoil work for private school teachers.How can you work in a school for a whole 4weeks without negotiating your salary? You are even asking us what to do? The wicked headteacher will even brag to having employed a graduate and paying him #6k.

Is it not better than one million menial jobs? Sometimes,white collar jobs na scam!!!
Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by MARSHALDEMSA202(m): 10:21am On Dec 04, 2020
thesicilian:

Big mistake on your part. And also a big lesson. Always make sure everything is clear before you start working: salary, working days, resumption and closing, clear cut job description etc.

The man is wicked for paying such peanuts but then again he hasn't done anything illegal (except it is illegal to pay below minimum wage).

Anyway, what's done is done. I'll advise you to finish the term completely (since you have already set the exam questions, all that remains is invigilation and marking) and then resign.

No matter how badly I have been hurt by my former employers, I always tried to leave on good terms. You never can tell when you might need a signature or reference letter years from now. This world is a small world.

Thanks a lot. God bless you sir
Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by MARSHALDEMSA202(m): 10:23am On Dec 04, 2020
chii8:
Na waooo,Oga you fall hand die.

Na una dey spoil work for private school teachers.How can you work in a school for a whole 4weeks without negotiating your salary? You are even asking us what to do? The wicked headteacher will even brag to having employed a graduate and paying him #6k.

Is it not better than one million menial jobs? Sometimes,white collar jobs na scam!!!

You're right sir.

The pupils were asking me today how much is my salary and I told them the amount, they all shouted! Some were saying if its them, they will leave the school..bla bla bla...I jus laugh

1 Like

Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by MARSHALDEMSA202(m): 10:25am On Dec 04, 2020
emmy512:
Guy I'm embarrassed to hear this.
Pick a skill, go sell pure water, do something other than teaching in that school.
They sell more.
2014 at age 17 I was earning 15k and bonus of 2k with good sales for selling pure water from truck. That standard got to me that I can't find myself collecting less than what I'm worth.
The moment you do that you rubbish yourself.
Had an encounter with an Indian, I didn't know he was Indian until he started misbehaving and I looked him up.
He requested for my services and was going to pay 5 dollars for 5, something I don 5 to 10$ for 1.
I accepted based on just getting an additional review,
The guy started acting like his the boss, throwing orders here and there, calling me names when he wasn't satisfied. I kept shut and gave him his work when I was done, after all he came back a week later and placed and order for Sam's thing, this time with 8 for 5$ I just laughed and cancelled it.

The moment you take yourself down. You'll be taken advantage of.
Stop that work, don't even negotiate with the man, it's evil.
Any school that can't pay its staff at least the same amount a student pays for their fees is ...

Thanks sir. I appreciate your words

1 Like

Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by MARSHALDEMSA202(m): 10:26am On Dec 04, 2020
Herbephe1:
Nothing is more stupid than a graduate asking whether to wait for 6k job or not.
Shey you de whine me ni?
You didn't even negotiate how much your stipend would be.

Wait of 6000 ABI 60000?

Six thousand sir.
Re: My Head Master Paid Me #6000 With My Bsc. by MARSHALDEMSA202(m): 10:28am On Dec 04, 2020
Orjioorji:
we have all been there before. But 6k is very small after the exam by January don't return move on God will make a way for you. Even if it's carrying blocks in building site with your certificate it's better .

Yes sir. Thanks a lot, God bless

(1) (2) (Reply)

Look At The Exam Question That 100level Were Given To Solve / Tonto Dike Runs Offline After Facing Humiliation From Obidients / Futa Releases 2011/2012 Post Ume Results/ Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.