Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,940 members, 7,824,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo (1064 Views)

How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi / 2023: Why Labour Party Campaign Council Not Yet Out – Umeh / The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by NofiuFade(m): 6:58am On Dec 04, 2020
The National Youth Council of Nigeria, NYCN, Thursday, disassociated itself from the purported second #EndSARS protest to hold on December 7, 2020.

Speaking with Vanguard, the President, NYCN, Solomon Adodo, said it is totally unnecessary to call or mobilize for second round of #EndSARS protest across the country.

According to him the NYCN has not been contacted about the second round of EndSARS protest, but have heard about it, while they are engaging youths across the country.

He said: “We at the National Youth Council have not been contacted about second round protest of #EndSARS but we are hearing about this and also engaging with the Nigerian youth.

“With the last count during the last protest we made our doors open to Nigerians and said if you have any challenges come to us, contact us, and we are not only having offices in the 36 States and the Federal Capital Territory but also online real time.

“And if the Nigerian youths have these challenges they should come and we will see how to address them. We cannot address problems only by protest, and protest will only exacerbate and take a turn to crippling the economy, and we saw how Nigeria was shut down during the first protest, and we are already facing an economic recession.

“So we need to be wise, this country is not just about Buhari or a governor somewhere. It is about us also, we have roles to play, but what we are telling the Nigerian youths that if they have any challenge we are equal to the task rather than engaging in another round of protest.”

He also acknowledged that the first #EndSARS protest at the end resulted in loss of lives, livelihoods, businesses, and property, and it will be inhuman to embark on another protest seeing the damage caused by the latter which has led and plunged the country into economic recession.

“The first protest we had lives were lost and properties were damaged, and therefore these are factors we should not temper, joke or toy with. We therefore advise the Nigerian youths to explore other channels to ensure that if we have grievances they are heard and also addressed. We at the National Youth Council will also be there”, he stated.

Meanwhile, on the update of government meeting the demands of #EndSARS protesters, he said the Council is following up on that and other issues as well.

“We have been following up on the demands of the #EndSARS protesters and we know very clearly that the demands we have 5for5 demands and general demands on issues of governance and the rest of them.

“We see the #EndSARS thing that SARS was disbanded and we heard that SWAT is to come up, and now also we have not gotten new cases reported to us at National Youth Council on molestation. We are not only looking at brutality from the Nigerian Police but from any other security agency including the military and others.

“We heard of other issues and engaged with these security bodies both the Nigerian Army, the Nigerian Police and others. So government on ending SARS but going forward we want to see that human rights are totally and strictly obeyed.”

He also called on government to take the unemployment issue seriously as a major panacea to youth grievances and frustration, though acknowledged efforts by the Buhari-led government through social intervention programmes to address it, but said there should be proper implementation and monitoring that would produce the expected results and impact on the lives of young people and the economy in general.

“Government should religiously look at the complaints of unemployment. It is not about throwing funds out there but should be strictly monitored for implementation for productivity.

‘We call on the government to address this issue and working by ensuring that these funds are injected to ventures that triggers productivity, economic growth and also that are measurable, translate to the betterment of Nigerians and create jobs for us.

“These are the key areas. If we have our youths engaged meaningfully and employed you will find less of them on the streets protesting. So that is one are government should really wake up and double up effort.

“We know a lot is being done but these efforts should be targeted at achieving results, these efforts are good intentions but like I will say outside as quoted in the collection of Essays, ‘Good intentions are not enough, these intentions translate to clear actions with proven results that impact on the people’.”

vanguardngr.com

Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 04, 2020
This government obviously wants to be forced out of government
Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by godforus(m): 7:02am On Dec 04, 2020
As if you were part of the first #endSARS

The fact that #endSARS has no leader or is not drawn from every national body, makes it more popular and radical.

We know you people and National Association of Nigerian Students ( NANS ), are just an extension of Nigerian government and oligarchy.

We don't care, the marching continues.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by FerdinandAbah: 7:04am On Dec 04, 2020
Were they consulted the first time? Their support is not needed

3 Likes

Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by Successdude(m): 7:05am On Dec 04, 2020
Lol .... Govt tactics : to dull the idea.

You guys have failed already

5 Likes

Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by bobowaja(m): 7:51am On Dec 04, 2020
Igbochief001:
This government obviously wants to be forced out of government
Come and force it out. Agent of anarchy. You will be shot at sight. Instead of voting with ur pvc, you want a backdoor to power. It doesn't work that way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by bobowaja(m): 7:52am On Dec 04, 2020
They should keep it there in their lands. No more madness in SW. Any non westerner that want to cause trouble (especially in Lagos) should be shot on sight.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by bobowaja(m): 7:53am On Dec 04, 2020
This same people trying to cause trouble and anarchy in Nigeria hailed Trump for this unpopular words "when the looting start, the shooting starts". That is mere looting o not anarchy and dude was ready to give them fire for fire. No legitimate govt in this world will fold it's arms and watch itself forced out of power by disgrunted elements.

Shoot everyone of them on sight. There will be change of govt at the other side of life.

2 Likes

Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by capitalzero: 7:54am On Dec 04, 2020
bobowaja:

Come and force it out. Agent of anarchy. You will be shot at sight. Instead of voting with ur pvc, you want a backdoor to power. It doesn't work that way.

And stray bullets can also waste you or your loved ones in the comfort of their home or offices.
Nobody is safe in the day of fury.

6 Likes

Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 04, 2020
bobowaja:

Left for people like u blacks would still be working plantations in americas and still serve as slaves till date

People chase out none performing president everywhere it doesn't have to be by election ...in your little mind anyone who calls for the resignation of this government wants power

Didn't the people in this government call for the same under Jonathan ?

Why are u a hypocrite ?

4 Likes

Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by bobowaja(m): 7:58am On Dec 04, 2020
capitalzero:

And stray bullets can also waste you or your loved ones in the comfort of their home or offices.
Nobody is safe in the day of fury.
After wasting ur generations. Keep ur anarchy in your 5% zones. The West is not ready for such madness again.
Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by bobowaja(m): 7:59am On Dec 04, 2020
Igbochief001:

Left for people like u blacks would still be working plantations in americas and still serve as slaves till date

People chase out none performing president everywhere it doesn't have to be by election ...in your little mind anyone who calls for the resignation of this government wants power

Didn't the people in this government call for the same under Jonathan ?

Why are u a hypocrite ?
Rubbish. Go and get ur pvc and vote out the govt when it is time. No con deh use endsars as backdoor to upturn legitimate govt cos u guys have no stake in it.

Politics is negotiation not war!
Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by capitalzero: 8:00am On Dec 04, 2020
bobowaja:

After wasting ur generations. Keep ur anarchy in your 5% zones. The West is not ready for such madness again.

Eranko! Ode! Osi!

3 Likes

Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by capitalzero: 8:01am On Dec 04, 2020
bobowaja:

A̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶r̶ ̶g̶e̶n̶e̶r̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶.̶ ̶K̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶u̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶a̶r̶c̶h̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶5̶%̶ ̶z̶o̶n̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶W̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶n̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶.̶

2 Likes

Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by bobowaja(m): 8:03am On Dec 04, 2020
capitalzero:

Eranko! Ode! Osi!
You are part of them (ipob) that caused trouble in Lagos. U learned our language, eat our food and drink our water and still want us to be destroyed. Enemies within. Tueh!
Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by privaldo: 8:04am On Dec 04, 2020
Hahaha, who are this urchins? You were not relevant to the first wave of the "Resistance" and you won't be relevant in the second one. This are people fighting to get their lives back and not some political jobbers (NANS inclusive).
This new wave of the "Resistance" should be feared, the government and its security agencies have given the indication that they are not ready for reforms, so I think there will be no backing down this time.
Government forces may meet a counter force, if they attempt to play the violent card like in the first wave.

Long Live the Resistance
Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by Goodmarlian: 8:05am On Dec 04, 2020
What and who is Nycn never heard of them before..
Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by capitalzero: 8:05am On Dec 04, 2020
bobowaja:

Y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶(̶i̶p̶o̶b̶)̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶r̶o̶u̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶L̶a̶g̶o̶s̶.̶ ̶U̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶r̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶l̶a̶n̶g̶u̶a̶g̶e̶,̶ ̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶f̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶r̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶w̶a̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶u̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶t̶r̶o̶y̶e̶d̶.̶ ̶E̶n̶e̶m̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶i̶n̶.̶ ̶T̶u̶e̶h̶!̶

1 Like

Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 04, 2020
bobowaja:

Rubbish. Go and get ur pvc and vote out the govt when it is time. No con deh use endsars as backdoor to upturn legitimate govt cos u guys have no stake in it.

Politics is negotiation not war!
Oga go and sleep , I have the right to call on government to resign if they have failed countries do it
Chile just did it, ....it's people like u are that are giving the government mind to act foolishly ...

4 Likes

Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by bobowaja(m): 8:12am On Dec 04, 2020
Igbochief001:

Oga go and sleep , I have the right to call on government to resign if they have failed countries do it
Chile just did it, ....it's people like u are that are giving the government mind to act foolishly ...
I hope you will stay in front to call the govt to resign. Target practice in making cheesy
Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 04, 2020
bobowaja:

I hope you will stay in front to call the govt to resign. Target practice in making cheesy
I already did , your president once called a president to resign was he shot ? Was he arrested ?
What do people like u benefit from this situation ...? I don't just get

4 Likes

Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by bobowaja(m): 8:15am On Dec 04, 2020
Igbochief001:

I already did , your president once called a president to resign was he shot ? Was he arrested ?
What do people like u benefit from this situation ...? I don't just get
And he caused anarchy through it or went to the polling boots with his followers? Ans the question.
Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 04, 2020
bobowaja:

And he caused anarchy through it or went to the polling boots with his followers? Ans the question.
Who says I'm causing anarchy ...it's one thing to call for a president to resign is another for him to have enough integrity to understand he has failed and resign

We know buhari has little or no integrity what so ever

The question is has buhari failed or has he done well ?

4 Likes

Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:54am On Dec 04, 2020
bobowaja:

You want us to believe a Yoruba man would be fighting for Buhari like this? When even Northerners are tired of him??
It's only Northerners that concluded Endsars protest was to remove Buhari

Why everybody dey claim Yoruba for this forum?
Gbogbo yin ma waja ni

3 Likes

Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by bobowaja(m): 8:57am On Dec 04, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

You want us to believe a Yoruba man would be fighting for Buhari like this? When even Northerners are tired of him??
It's only Northerners that concluded Endsars protest was to remove Buhari

Why everybody dey claim Yoruba for this forum?
Gbogbo yin ma waja ni
You are not a Yoruba. No Yoruba sons and daughters will watch his home state destroyed under the pretence of endsars.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by bobowaja(m): 8:59am On Dec 04, 2020
Igbochief001:

Who says I'm causing anarchy ...it's one thing to call for a president to resign is another for him to have enough integrity to understand he has failed and resign

We know buhari has little or no integrity what so ever

The question is has buhari failed or has he done well ?
Weda failed or not is subjective. His govt have embarked on massive infrastructural projects even in the the 5%er region. But he failed in security. Can we say he is a total failure?

2 Likes

Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 04, 2020
bobowaja:

Weda failed or not is subjective. His govt have embarked on massive infrastructural projects even in the the 5%er region. But he failed in security. Can we say he is a total failure?
Name one major infrastructure development buhari has started and completed ...
Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by bobowaja(m): 9:06am On Dec 04, 2020
Igbochief001:

Name one major infrastructure development buhari has started and completed ...
Started? Yes
Completed? Is subjective. There are train stations all over the country. Some completed, some under construction. 2nd Niger bridge is also being worked on.... A bridge that Jonathan rejected.

1 Like

Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:07am On Dec 04, 2020
bobowaja:

You are not a Yoruba. No Yoruba sons and daughters will watch his home state destroyed under the pretence of endsars.

Actually no Yoruba supports the use of thugs and soldiers to attack their children who were expressing their displeasure,

There are 2 groups of people who burn villages/buildings and they are Fulani herdsmen and the Nigerian military

1 Like

Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by bobowaja(m): 9:10am On Dec 04, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

Actually no Yoruba supports the use of thugs and soldiers to attack their children who were expressing their displeasure,

There are 2 groups of people who burn villages/buildings and they are Fulani herdsmen and the Nigerian military
Your second paragraph is a total lie and you know it. Properties were burnt by pissful protesters parading themselves under endsars. Those arsonists are mostly likely outsiders from the 5% region who hates Yoruba with all passion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by ThatFairGuy1: 9:14am On Dec 04, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

You're nothing close to Yoruba, you've been busted many times. Stop parading yourself as Yoruba.

Anyone born of woman that wants to start any unthinkable EndSARS protest in Lagos again will be refused vehemently by Yorubas. You all should go to your state and protest.

WHAT SARS DO YOU HYPOCRITES WANTS TO END AGAIN?
WHAT SARS?

2 Likes

Re: Nat’l Youth Council Not In Support Of 2nd #endsars Protest — Adodo by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:20am On Dec 04, 2020
bobowaja:

Your second paragraph is a total lie and you know it. Properties were burnt by pissful protesters parading themselves under endsars. Those arsonists are mostly likely outsiders from the 5% region who hates Yoruba with all passion.

The 5% supported Amotekun
I remember the region that went all over National TV calling Yoruba elders irredentist, and other unprintable names, the clowns even asked Yorubas to chose BTW protecting themselves and becoming president LMAO
If yorubas decide to have their own country, we know the region that would declare war,
Gani Adams has never had issues with the 5% but you Northerners have fought every other tribe including yourselves,

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Leader Gave Herdsmen 14 Days To Vacate SE / Russia Is The Answer To Nigeria Security Challenges. / Dangote: Why Is Nigeria Buying Cement At A Higher Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.