Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

5 Footballers Who No Longer Speak To Their Families - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 Footballers Who No Longer Speak To Their Families (2605 Views)

3 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Lost Important Goals When Super Eagles Needed It / 5 Footballers You Never Knew Have Killed Before / Top 5 Footballers Halloween Costumes : Luis Garcia & Evra Scares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Footballers Who No Longer Speak To Their Families by InvestingExpert(m): 11:26am On Dec 04, 2020
5 footballers who no longer speak to their families

Adebayour

Adebayour is a Nigerian footballer who has one of the harshest story, Adebayour family has asked him for money many times and he says his mom only cares about money he said "when my daughter was born, we contacted her but she hung up immediately and didn't want to hear anything about it ". Despite buying them houses and cars, they keep demanding for more from him, that's why Adebayour cut ties with his family completely

Virgil Van Dijk

Virgil is one of many footballers who don't speak with their families anymore, Virgil doesn't have a relationship with his father anymore because his father left his family when he was just 12 and Virgil has never forgiven him, Virgil changed the name on his shirt because of dad's.

Memphis Delay

Memphis grew up to be who he is today without a father figure in his life, when Memphis was just four, his dad left the family, that's why he wears only Memphis at the back of his shirt, his father tried to reach him and reconnect though.

Maitland-Niles

The man with one of the coolest penalties in the world, her mother was banned from arsenal in 2015 for assaulting two men, their relationship appears to be broken down from there, and rumors has it that his mother now sleeps in a production plant.

Dele Alli

Dele is another player that dropped the last name on his shirt, he has no relationship with either of his parents, in 2018, his mother said she couldn't afford to go watch him in Russia, nevertheless dele doesn't want to talk about it he just want to concentrate on his football.

Source:http:///s3d0d203b201204en_ng?client=newslite
Re: 5 Footballers Who No Longer Speak To Their Families by Karlovich: 11:33am On Dec 04, 2020
Why was Adebayor referred to as a Nigerian footballer?he is a Togolese international football player.

1 Like

Re: 5 Footballers Who No Longer Speak To Their Families by Beverlyjean(f): 11:33am On Dec 04, 2020
And they are all blacks

1 Like

Re: 5 Footballers Who No Longer Speak To Their Families by InvestingExpert(m): 11:41am On Dec 04, 2020
Beverlyjean:
And they are all blacks
actually, I never saw that
Re: 5 Footballers Who No Longer Speak To Their Families by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 04, 2020
I knew Dele Alli and Adebayor would be in the list. Their drama was too much. undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Footballers Who No Longer Speak To Their Families by dawnomike(m): 11:50am On Dec 04, 2020
Family is Family... But so.e fathers should not expect to reap where they did not sow. For mothers, well they went throughat least 9months of stress and delivery pangs to bring out the child.

1 Like

Re: 5 Footballers Who No Longer Speak To Their Families by InvestingExpert(m): 7:40am On Feb 12, 2021
nn
Re: 5 Footballers Who No Longer Speak To Their Families by MorataFC: 8:19am On Feb 12, 2021
Your family is your family, your father is your father, to erred is human to forgive is divine even Bible says honor your father and your mother...

1 Like

Re: 5 Footballers Who No Longer Speak To Their Families by paulolee(m): 8:58am On Feb 12, 2021
I think baloelli should be among because I heard he was adopted by Italian parents n his parentd tried to get back to him after he found fame but he rejected them.
don't know why its always the case od the fathers leaving the family in almost all the examples given, does if mean it is also very difficult for a struggling man to take care of his family in other European countries too??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Footballers Who No Longer Speak To Their Families by paulolee(m): 9:01am On Feb 12, 2021
MorataFC:
Your family is your family, your father is your father, to erred is human to forgive is divine even Bible says honor your father and your mother...
I get ur point n know where u coming from but there are some cases you just CNT let go, and also they can also forgive their parents without forgetting what they did..
uta very easy for people to preach forgive n forget until a very close figure betrays ans leaves a big scare in ur heart..

2 Likes

Re: 5 Footballers Who No Longer Speak To Their Families by paulolee(m): 9:05am On Feb 12, 2021
dawnomike:
Family is Family... But so.e fathers should not expect to reap where they did not sow. For mothers, well they went throughat least 9months of stress and delivery pangs to bring out the child.
no lies bt I cnt agree wit u totally, read a story where a rich man said his family ran away n left him for dead until their neighbor heard his cry, broke d door n took care of him..
said he spent years hoping n praying for his parents to return but dey didn't..
they finally returned last year after 35yrs n he chased them away, but he said he have forgiven them n he just only keep sending them 100k each month for upkeep tru his accountant because he doesn't want any link to any of them....I dnt blame him though because its painful..

2 Likes

Re: 5 Footballers Who No Longer Speak To Their Families by hstar: 3:08pm On Feb 12, 2021
paulolee:

no lies bt I cnt agree wit u totally, read a story where a rich man said his family ran away n left him for dead until their neighbor heard his cry, broke d door n took care of him..
said he spent years hoping n praying for his parents to return but dey didn't..
they finally returned last year after 35yrs n he chased them away, but he said he have forgiven them n he just only keep sending them 100k each month for upkeep tru his accountant because he doesn't want any link to any of them....I dnt blame him though because its painful..
Painful indeed
Re: 5 Footballers Who No Longer Speak To Their Families by paulolee(m): 4:08pm On Feb 12, 2021
hstar:
Painful indeed
swears..
Re: 5 Footballers Who No Longer Speak To Their Families by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 12, 2021
paulolee:
I think baloelli should be among because I heard he was adopted by Italian parents n his parentd tried to get back to him after he found fame but he rejected them.
don't know why its always the case od the fathers leaving the family in almost all the examples given, does if mean it is also very difficult for a struggling man to take care of his family in other European countries too??
If he wasn't adopted by the Italian he wouldn't have been a footballer.It was his adopted Italian parents that registered him in a football academy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Footballers Who No Longer Speak To Their Families by InvestingExpert(m): 11:02am On Feb 15, 2021
his italian parents made it possible for him to be a famous footballer
Re: 5 Footballers Who No Longer Speak To Their Families by InvestingExpert(m): 8:13pm On Apr 13, 2021
Good evening
Re: 5 Footballers Who No Longer Speak To Their Families by Theboy21: 7:33am On Apr 14, 2021
cheesy
Re: 5 Footballers Who No Longer Speak To Their Families by InvestingExpert(m): 9:47am On Aug 10, 2021
Whtafsgsv gortyst

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone Successfully Rolled Over Before? / Let's Talk About the WWE Divas / Uefa Champion League Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.