Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,805 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Iphone 8 Or Galaxy A71 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 8 Or Galaxy A71 (1291 Views)

Redmi Note 8 Or Galaxy A20s / Redmi Note 7 Or Galaxy S9+/S8+ / Top 7 Things To Do Instead Of Buying The Iphone 8 Or Iphone 8 Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone 8 Or Galaxy A71 by veevictor: 11:54am On Dec 04, 2020
I need help to choose btw this two phone, am using Tecno spark 5 & i want to go for a good phone btw this two
Re: Iphone 8 Or Galaxy A71 by Meister(m): 12:21pm On Dec 04, 2020
If you're not getting the iPhone 8 plus then get the samsung

5 Likes

Re: Iphone 8 Or Galaxy A71 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 04, 2020
Don't let no one deceive u bro.
Don't get any of them.
The companies are agents of darkness
Use tecno p1 if u want high powered lightening system.
Re: Iphone 8 Or Galaxy A71 by Promotions: 7:46pm On Dec 04, 2020
I'm thinking of getting the A71 tomorrow, my only fear is that the A series don't have second hand value..I was told that in Samsung office to stick with the Note or S series cos they have second hand value.

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8 Or Galaxy A71 by Meister(m): 8:32pm On Dec 04, 2020
Promotions:
I'm thinking of getting the A71 tomorrow, my only fear is that the A series don't have second hand value..I was told that in Samsung office to stick with the Note or S series cos they have second hand value.

Their assertion is sort of true. I personally don't value the A series but many people would still buy it whenever you want to resell just because it's Samsung. If you can get the Note 9 upwards (preferably the Snapdragon variant) then you go ahead if not you stick to the A71, it's a very solid device even though I personally don't think it's worth it's price
Re: Iphone 8 Or Galaxy A71 by kennyflames(m): 8:46pm On Dec 04, 2020
though decision tho
A71 should do
Re: Iphone 8 Or Galaxy A71 by nitt: 12:50am On Dec 05, 2020
Typing this comment on my A71 grin
Re: Iphone 8 Or Galaxy A71 by Jesslove(f): 2:18am On Dec 05, 2020
A71
Re: Iphone 8 Or Galaxy A71 by xtervaganza(m): 5:16am On Dec 05, 2020
veevictor:
I need help to choose btw this two phone, am using Tecno spark 5 & i want to go for a good phone btw this two
if I were you I'd buy the A71. It has better screen, better battery, better design and it's sincerely a better phone overall than iPhone 8
Re: Iphone 8 Or Galaxy A71 by Ayomarcel(m): 7:05am On Dec 05, 2020
A71 definitely. One of the best mid rangers of the year. Also some might argue it is also among the best flagship killer cos of the processor. Got everything you want. Good battery life, Beautiful and crispy screen display, amazing camera, it runs so smooth and fast, you gonna get updates from Samsung for 2yrs. Their flagships are for 3yrs. It's definitely value for money for me.
Re: Iphone 8 Or Galaxy A71 by Ayomarcel(m): 7:09am On Dec 05, 2020
Promotions:

Don't always buy a phone cos of the second hand value or else you'll end up with a bad one. Get a good phone that will serve you. A series is second to Samsung S series (which is their flagship). Obviously it will have second hand value more. And ,the A series are one of the best Midranger in the world when comparing to others Midranger and you're getting "Samsung" as an android phone ,the name will sell itself.
Re: Iphone 8 Or Galaxy A71 by Promotions: 9:47am On Dec 05, 2020
Ayomarcel:

Don't always buy a phone cos of the second hand value or else you'll end up with a bad one. Get a good phone that will serve you. A series is second to Samsung S series (which is their flagship). Obviously it will have second hand value more. And ,the A series are one of the best Midranger in the world when comparing to others Midranger and you're getting "Samsung" as an android phone ,the name will sell itself.
I repeat, I was told that by one of their representatives at Samsung office. It was a good advice cos imagine in about a year or two the price of this same A71 will drop like crazy, my sister bought the A7 2018 that same year it came out over 100k and when we got to Samsung office at Jabi lake mall Abuja the phone was valued at 26k at second hand value while the NOTE and S series still had a better value..

In all, it depends on individual preference, I like the A71 too and will go with that over the iPhone 8.
Re: Iphone 8 Or Galaxy A71 by Meister(m): 9:50am On Dec 05, 2020
Ayomarcel:
A71 definitely. One of the best mid rangers of the year. Also some might argue it is also among the best flagship killer cos of the processor. Got everything you want. Good battery life, Beautiful and crispy screen display, amazing camera, it runs so smooth and fast, you gonna get updates from Samsung for 2yrs. Their flagships are for 3yrs. It's definitely value for money for me.

SD 730 a flagship killer

It's also certainly not one of the best midrangers of the year
Re: Iphone 8 Or Galaxy A71 by Ayomarcel(m): 12:25pm On Dec 06, 2020
Promotions:
I repeat, I was told that by one of their representatives at Samsung office. It was a good advice cos imagine in about a year or two the price of this same A71 will drop like crazy, my sister bought the A7 2018 that same year it came out over 100k and when we got to Samsung office at Jabi lake mall Abuja the phone was valued at 26k at second hand value while the NOTE and S series still had a better value..

In all, it depends on individual preference, I like the A71 too and will go with that over the iPhone 8.

Yea.. they're not flagship phones they're good premium phones that fits the tech of the moment.

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8 Or Galaxy A71 by Ayomarcel(m): 12:25pm On Dec 06, 2020
Meister:

SD 730 a flagship killer

It's also certainly not one of the best midrangers of the year

Flagship killers falls under the 700+ SD

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8 Or Galaxy A71 by Meister(m): 1:45pm On Dec 06, 2020
Ayomarcel:

Flagship killers falls under the 700+ SD

No sir, a phone being tagged a flagship killer is not just based on it's processor, e.g. the Mi note 10 has an SD 730g processor but it has the camera and design of a flagship device so at a cheaper rate so it can be regarded as a flagship killer, the Realme X2 pro has an SD 855+ processor with a 90hz refresh rate and 50w fast charger and was around 140k at release, that qualifies it to be called a flagship killer.

No samsung A or M series is close to being a flagship killer
Re: Iphone 8 Or Galaxy A71 by Ayomarcel(m): 12:09am On Dec 07, 2020
Meister:

No sir, a phone being tagged a flagship killer is not just based on it's processor, e.g. the Mi note 10 has an SD 730g processor but it has the camera and design of a flagship device so at a cheaper rate so it can be regarded as a flagship killer, the Realme X2 pro has an SD 855+ processor with a 90hz refresh rate and 50w fast charger and was around 140k at release, that qualifies it to be called a flagship killer.

No samsung A or M series is close to being a flagship killer

Oneplus nord is a flagship killer with 750g same as A71 5G. You'll hardly see a mid ranger with 5G packed with that chipset.
Re: Iphone 8 Or Galaxy A71 by Meister(m): 9:25am On Dec 07, 2020
Ayomarcel:

Oneplus nord is a flagship killer with 750g same as A71 5G. You'll hardly see a mid ranger with 5G packed with that chipset.

You're mistaken sir, both of these devices have the SD 765 processor and they're not close to being flagship killers when they're not even worth their price especially the A71. There are various 5g enabled devices that are way cheaper than the A71, that doesn't make them flagship killers, if these devices are regarded as flagship killers that means Poco X3 will also be in the picture.

The oneplus nord could be debated cause it has a really good main camera according to reviews even though it's secondary cameras are basic

(1) (Reply)

Iphone Xs Max Face Id Problem / Nokia N95 Software: / T Mobile Sidekick 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.