Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

NL API ? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / NL API ? (1531 Views)

Chrome Extension And Enhancement Of A Platform In Context To NL Anti-spambot / NL Weeking Meeting: Encouraging The Need For Community / Please Help Me With VTU API (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NL API ? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 04, 2020
Hi all, my favourite people on NL , I was curious about something, Someone once did something with Nairaland, they created an API around it, I am curious about the logging in, because I am experimenting with something I am not sure is possible, The goal is to see how one can scrape NL in order to modify all posts in a Scheduled manner.
Re: NL API ? by naijasensei: 5:25pm On Dec 04, 2020
pcguru1:
Hi all, my favourite people on NL , I was curious about something, Someone once did something with Nairaland, they created an API around it, I am curious about the logging in, because I am experimenting with something I am not sure is possible, The goal is to see how one can scrape NL in order to modify all posts in a Scheduled manner.

An API? An official API? I believe the posting stuff can either be done with bots, or some some of job scheduler working on queued jobs.
Re: NL API ? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 04, 2020
naijasensei:

An API? An official API? I believe the posting stuff can either be done with bots, or some some of job scheduler working on queued jobs.

Yeah that's the concept , I know there is no NL API, but I think someone wrote an API that used a scraper to fetch contents, but I want the bot to login and scrape all my contents and also make HTTP Post to modify all my content to something else. I feel one day our contents will be used against us, in this liberal world. so it will be good to be able to clear things pro-grammatically on demand.
Re: NL API ? by naijasensei: 6:16pm On Dec 04, 2020
pcguru1:

Yeah that's the concept , I know there is no NL API, but I think someone wrote an API that used a scraper to fetch contents, but I want the bot to login and scrape all my contents and also make HTTP Post to modify all my content to something else. I feel one day our contents will be used against us, in this liberal world. so it will be good to be able to clear things pro-grammatically on demand.

Wow, I couldn't agree more with your motivation.
Re: NL API ? by bedfordng(m): 6:21pm On Dec 04, 2020
well, this can be done if you know basic python scrapping

1 Like

Re: NL API ? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 04, 2020
bedfordng:

I have done scrapping in Java with JCrawler but that was to download music illegally, I do not know how to write Python.
Re: NL API ? by BlueBanana: 6:38pm On Dec 04, 2020
pcguru1:

Sha make Se'un no catch you
Re: NL API ? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 04, 2020
BlueBanana:

Sha make Se'un no catch you

It is not illegal, is it ? it's just me on steroids editing my contents as far as I am concerned
Re: NL API ? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 04, 2020
bedfordng:

Handling login and session with a bot is mostly my concern now. The rest will follow
Re: NL API ? by Virgo01(m): 7:03pm On Dec 04, 2020
pcguru1:

Handling login and session with a bot is mostly my concern now. The rest will follow
Hello, I sent you a PM a day or so ago...have been following your diary for a while and want your advice on getting a new laptop. There's one you mentioned in your diary and it piqued my interest since then, can't really figure out the post now. Don't know if you'll indulge me on that.
Re: NL API ? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 04, 2020
Virgo01:

Hello, I sent you a PM a day or so ago...have been following your diary for a while and want your advice on getting a new laptop. There's one you mentioned in your diary and it piqued my interest since then, can't really figure out the post now. Don't know if you'll indulge me on that.
Sorry let me reply
Re: NL API ? by okiki20593: 7:30pm On Dec 04, 2020
:well, this can be done if you know basic python scrappingHandling login and session with a bot is mostly my concern now. The rest will follow
Re: NL API ? by talk2hb1(m): 7:39pm On Dec 04, 2020
pcguru1:

I have done scrapping in Java with JCrawler but that was to download music illegally, I do not know how to write Python.
You can program Selenium in Java.
Re: NL API ? by Virgo01(m): 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2020
pcguru1:

Sorry let me reply
Thanks. Replied.
Re: NL API ? by Karleb(m): 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2020
This selenium reminds of a Laravel package that can login, register and all that.

Laravel Dusk.

I don't know if this would help.
Re: NL API ? by 4dor: 8:37pm On Dec 04, 2020
pcguru1:

I remember reading that guy's code like 6-7 years ago. It's written in PHP and it should still be on Github, just search for it with the title of this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL API ? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 05, 2020
I've seen Elvis Chidera github, I'll make a research on it, but I intend to use a platform that has threading because I intend for each worker to handle stuff. Na research mode now

1 Like

Re: NL API ? by stanliwise(m): 9:24am On Dec 06, 2020
pcguru1:

But you know I am quoting your post now, which means you can’t delete this post except you destroy Nairaland server especially if not backed up grin

1 Like

Re: NL API ? by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 06, 2020
stanliwise:

But you know I am quoting your post now, which means you can’t delete this post except you destroy Nairaland server especially if not backed up grin

Not these posts, im worried about LGBTQ comments, you no fit cancel me, abeg no quotes all my reply biko cry
Re: NL API ? by MrJavaS: 9:33am On Dec 06, 2020
I guess nairaland doesn't use stateless authentication
Re: NL API ? by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 06, 2020
MrJavaS:
I guess nairaland doesn't use stateless authentication

At all, still seems to be cookies and sessions, that's where my headache stems from, luckily Elvis wrote something ill go through it. Java is what I intend to develop it in.
Re: NL API ? by MrJavaS: 2:13pm On Dec 06, 2020
pcguru1:

At all, still seems to be cookies and sessions, that's where my headache stems from, luckily Elvis wrote something ill go through it. Java is what I intend to develop it in.
Re: NL API ? by darkdenizen: 2:19pm On Dec 06, 2020
pcguru1:

Do you know php? If you do you can use cURL. It is simple and very effective.
You can reply this post if you need further assistance
Re: NL API ? by JFOD: 6:38am On Dec 08, 2020
pcguru1:

I have something for the first part "Getting all your contents", fell asleep so I couldn't see the result (most (if not all) of your contents should be gotten).

It's not fancy , however it gets the job done.

I can add the modifying part to it later
Re: NL API ? by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 08, 2020
JFOD:

I have something for the first part "Getting all your contents", fell asleep so I couldn't see the result (most (if not all) of your contents should be gotten).

It's not fancy , however it gets the job done.

I can add the modifying part to it later

I don't mind, but by next week I will create a git and start working on it gradually. thanks appreciate
Re: NL API ? by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 08, 2020
pcguru1:

can you inspect traffic with fiddler?
The login endpoint has something "do_login".
That's how I make my bots.
Re: NL API ? by JFOD: 1:16pm On Dec 08, 2020
The modifying part has been added.

Tested the Content getting, it works fine tho 2% has missing Titles/Body. I did not look into that

All your content took less than 30 minutes, tho that can be reduced.

The modifying part works fine
Re: NL API ? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 08, 2020
JFOD:
The modifying part has been added.

Tested the Content getting, it works fine tho 2% has missing Titles/Body. I did not look into that

All your content took less than 30 minutes, tho that can be reduced.

The modifying part works fine

What did you write it in ? Java ?
Re: NL API ? by JFOD: 5:46pm On Dec 08, 2020
pcguru1:

What did you write it in ? Java ?

Python (Selenium and Beautiful Soup).
Re: NL API ? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 08, 2020
JFOD:

Python (Selenium and Beautiful Soup).

Hmmm thats another angle I forgot about Java and Web Driver, but I intended by design to spin multiple thread workers do most of the work in console, but this is a new angle too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL API ? by Qrash(m): 5:57pm On Dec 09, 2020
Good evening sir long time. How is your health now
Re: NL API ? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 09, 2020
Qrash:
Good evening sir long time. How is your health now
Better , feeling better

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Books On Python / I Need Help With Javafx Tableview Code. / Urgent!!! Convert Source Code Written In VB6. To VB .NET

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.