Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,698 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Ogun Mining Firm Cries For Help: Alleges Attacks From Land Grabber And Police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ogun Mining Firm Cries For Help: Alleges Attacks From Land Grabber And Police (219 Views)

Alaba Int'l Market Big Boy Turned Land Grabber And Team Stripped, Beaten (video) / Notorious Land Grabber And Hired Killer Arrested In Lagos / Woman Raped & Paraded Unclad On The Street In Pakistan, Cries For Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Mining Firm Cries For Help: Alleges Attacks From Land Grabber And Police by StarMediaRen: 4:16pm On Dec 04, 2020
A Laterite mining firm – Gbenga Ibuoye Nigeria Limited has called on the Ogun State government and Nigerians for help over the repeated cases of attacks by some sponsored criminals on their mining site located at Itele, Ado-Odo/Ota Local Government Area of Ogun State.

The company alleges a determined move by some elements that are believed to be hiding under the cloak of some “powerful individuals” to oppress the owner of the mining company and forcibly take over his rightful possession.

Speaking to journalists during a press briefing on Wednesday, the company’s spokesperson, Mr Ajibola Ololade, complained that the nefarious activities of some unscrupulous individuals who tag themselves as land grabbers believed to have been empowered by the Sango Ota Area Commander, Monday Agbonika, is posing great challenge and dangers to the smooth running of the operation of the firm.

Describing their ordeal to pressmen, Ajibola stated that the company has been facing serious invasions and attacks from the Land grabbers since the beginning of this year, stating that “the business has been put on hold on several occasions, and even company’s properties destroyed during some of these muggings”.

Responding to questions from journalists, the company owner, Alhaji Ibrahim Gbenga Ibuoye, who says he has been in the business for the past 30 years, explained that he bought the said land purposed for his mining business years back from these three families, Gbadamosi Onigbeyin, Odunifa Faloun, and Falola.

Ibuoye disclosed that he ensured a detailed inquiry to affirm the land’s authenticity and obtainability, even up to the Attorney General’s office was done. He said he purchased 19 acres of land from the 3 families having obtained a red copy from the office of the Surveyor-General.

“But the trouble started when I embarked on a rehabilitation project for the host community as part of an agreement reached with the three families, to grade an abandoned road completely buried in a swampy area of about 30 feet deep, and linking Itele to Lafunwa town due to its inaccessibility, a project which I completed in synergy with the Ministry of Works. Some land grabbers led by one Kabiru Oluomo, Nuru Adeoye and others suddenly surfaced out of the blues to challenge our rights over the land, claiming to be the legitimate owner even without a proof to justify such claims”. He said.

Alhaji Ibuoye explained that in the midst of the heated scuffle spurred by the said Oluomo who he (Ibuoye) claimed at some point forcefully occupied the land to carry out illegal mining activities, the Ministry of Mine and Steel Development (MMSD) had to intervene by sealing off the place and granting him (Ibuoye) a new license to commence operation on the said land. But this he said was met with another precarious hurdle as the Police Area Commander, Monday Agbonika, was alleged to have made their smooth run of operations difficult through incessant harassment, arrests and threats.

“By the time I wanted to take over the place again, I went with two of the legitimate landowners who also possessed an appeal court judgement certifying their true ownership of the whole Itele land, this police Area Commander (Monday) still came to harass us there,” Ibuoye said.

He cited an occasion in which the Area Commander invited him for a meeting with the State Police Commissioner, but on getting to the meeting venue, he realized he had been deceived as to the Area Commander instantly placed him on detention without any justification and threatened to charge him to court.

“Everybody knows the land was sold to me, even the Ogun State Commissioner of Police is aware that I am legally licensed to mine on the land, but these land grabbers especially Kabiru Oluomo, are still disturbing me using the police and military men to harass me”. He lamented.

READ MORE at https://starmediaren.com/2020/12/04/ogun-mining-company-holds-protest-over-alleged-police-connivance-with-land-grabbers/

Re: Ogun Mining Firm Cries For Help: Alleges Attacks From Land Grabber And Police by XXXXTENTACION: 4:18pm On Dec 04, 2020
Bomboclaaat shocked

those land grabbers are bunch of motherfuckers undecided
Re: Ogun Mining Firm Cries For Help: Alleges Attacks From Land Grabber And Police by Madibah(m): 4:20pm On Dec 04, 2020
Ogun mining firm or ogun skull mining firm wink
Re: Ogun Mining Firm Cries For Help: Alleges Attacks From Land Grabber And Police by blessmoss: 4:21pm On Dec 04, 2020
Sorry cos u will cry till tomorrow
Re: Ogun Mining Firm Cries For Help: Alleges Attacks From Land Grabber And Police by XXXXTENTACION: 4:24pm On Dec 04, 2020
Madibah:
Ogun mining firm or ogun skull mining firm wink
Ipob miscreants sef. undecided

they can't read and they can't comprehend cry

am sure you did not read the article before commenting
Re: Ogun Mining Firm Cries For Help: Alleges Attacks From Land Grabber And Police by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 04, 2020
So skull mining has been made official in South west. no wonder my friend Segun invited me to Ogun state. hmm my head is still important to me o
Re: Ogun Mining Firm Cries For Help: Alleges Attacks From Land Grabber And Police by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 04, 2020
Please what are they mining, Skull or gold? Somebody should please enlighten me.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Mining Firm Cries For Help: Alleges Attacks From Land Grabber And Police by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 04, 2020
Afonja with land grabbing and touts eeh! Kai!!
Re: Ogun Mining Firm Cries For Help: Alleges Attacks From Land Grabber And Police by Madibah(m): 4:51pm On Dec 04, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Ipob miscreants sef. undecided

they can't read and they can't comprehend cry

am sure you did not read the article before commenting

Ori e ti daru

(1) (Reply)

Newly Graduated Medical Doctor And Friends Dies In An Auto Crash / Exclusive! Nigerian Troops Rescue Abducted Kankara Students / Will And William West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.