Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. (1570 Views)

President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President / Joe Biden Is Certified As The 46th President Of The United States / BREAKING: Joe Biden Is Officially The President-elect Of The United States. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by YHYson: 2:29pm On Dec 05, 2020
The result of the American November 3rd election has been debated for weeks. But it has been certified that Joe Biden is officially the 46th President of the United States of America.

Though Trump and his legal team are yet to accept the validity of the election result as many of their lawsuits hover in court, The Associated Press called the election results for Joe Biden’s yesterday.

The election victory was announced after California certified its presidential election and appointed 55 electors who pledged to vote for Democrat Joe Biden, officially handing him the Electoral College majority needed to win the White House.

Secretary of State Alex Padilla’s formal approval of Biden’s win in the state brought his tally of pledged electors so far to 279, according to a tally by The Associated Press.

Even though Colorado, Hawaii, and New Jersey where Joe Biden won are yet to certify their election results. Biden has already exceeded the 270 electoral college vote needed.

Although it’s been apparent for weeks that Biden won the presidential election, his accrual of more than 270 electors is the first step toward the White House, said Edward B Foley, a law professor at Ohio State University.

“It is a legal milestone and the first milestone that has that status,” Foley said. “Everything prior to that was premised on what we call projections.”

The electors named will meet on Friday, Dec. 14, along with counterparts in each state, to formally vote for the next president.

Most states have laws binding their electors to the winner of the popular vote in their state, measures that were upheld by a Supreme Court decision this year. There have been no suggestions that any of Biden’s pledged electors would contemplate not voting for him.

The Democratic-controlled House and Republican-controlled Senate would both vote separately to resolve any disputes. One has already arisen from Pennsylvania, where 75 Republican lawmakers signed a statement on Friday urging Congress to block the state’s electoral votes from being cast for Biden.

But the state’s Republican US senator, Pat Toomey, said soon afterward that he would not be objecting to Pennsylvania’s slate of electors, underscoring the difficulty in trying to change the election results through Congress.

“As a practical matter, we know that Joe Biden is going to be inaugurated on January 20,” Foley said.

Trump and his allies have also raised the far-fetched notion that Republican state legislatures in those states could appoint a rival set of electors pledged to Trump.

But state Republican leaders have rejected that approach, and it would likely be futile in any case. According to federal law, both chambers of Congress would need to vote to accept a competing slate of electors. If they don’t, the electors appointed by the states’ governors – all pledged to Biden in these cases – must be used.

The last remaining move to block the election would be the quixotic effort to vote down the electors in Congress.

This tactic has been tried – a handful of congressional Democrats in 2000, 2004, and 2016 objected to officially making both George W Bush and Trump president. But the numbers were not enough to block the two men from taking office.
Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by Komolafe89: 2:42pm On Dec 05, 2020
are FFK and prayer warriors in Nigeria not praying again,
bunches of low number 6 keys

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by JerySmalls(m): 5:48pm On Dec 05, 2020
Seen...
Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by khiaa(f): 4:02am On Dec 06, 2020
Trump out, 2 more pending. Yes, today was a good day. smiley
Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by Rareoil(m): 4:38am On Dec 06, 2020
khiaa:
Trump out, 2 more pending. Yes, today was a good day. smiley

2 more pending
Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by khiaa(f): 4:41am On Dec 06, 2020
Rareoil:

2 more pending

If Biden and Harris screw up, they will get the boot as well. The two of them are almost as Racist as Trump. For those of you who think Harris is Black, she is not and she comes from a very racist cast system.
Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by Rareoil(m): 4:42am On Dec 06, 2020
Komolafe89:
are FFK and prayer warriors in Nigeria not praying again,

bunches of low number 6 keys

Trump isn't even a Christian neither is Biden.

True Christians know he isn't fight for them.

Joe Biden will carry on from where Trump stopped.

Trump = Biden; Biden = Trump.

Same wine different bottles.
Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by Rareoil(m): 4:43am On Dec 06, 2020
khiaa:

If Biden and Harris screw up, they will get the boot as well. The two of them are almost as Racist as Trump.

Biden yes, but Harris

Harris is a black woman isn't she?
Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by khiaa(f): 4:58am On Dec 06, 2020
Rareoil:

Biden yes, but Harris

Harris is a black woman isn't she?

Harris father is half Jamaican half white her mother in Indian/India,. Harris comes from a racist cast system and identifies as Asian. She only started to identify as Black to get the Black American vote. She was a vindictive,. unjust, prejudice prosecutor in California who framed and sent a lot of innocent Black men to prison and death roll. Anything to win.

Thank God her convictions were overturned by the judge and they were set free. She is a self-serving opportunist who will do anything to get what she wants, including sleeping with high powered married men.

2 Likes

Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by Rareoil(m): 5:23am On Dec 06, 2020
khiaa:

Harris father is half Jamaican half white her mother in Indian/India,. Harris comes from a racist cast system and identifies as Asian. She only started to identify as Black to get the Black American vote. She was a vindictive,. unjust, prejudice prosecutor in California who framed and sent a lot of innocent Black men to prison and death roll. Anything to win.

Thank God her convictions were overturned by the judge and they were set free. She is a self-serving opportunist who will do anything to get what she wants, including sleeping with high powered married men.

Sleeping with high powered married men!

I now understand why they call her jezebel.

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:19am On Dec 06, 2020
khiaa:

If Biden and Harris screw up, they will get the boot as well. The two of them are almost as Racist as Trump. For those of you who think Harris is Black, she is not and she comes from a very racist cast system.
She is black

Where she is from does not indicate who she is even Joe was once racist and apologised for it and his actions have shown he is changed man different from Trump.
Kamala is black,majority of the population in Jamaica where her father is from are Afro Jamaicans from Africa.

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:22am On Dec 06, 2020
Rareoil:

Sleeping with high powered married men!

I now understand why they call her jezebel.
Don't take that lady serious some of the things she stated are lies with no proof but propaganda used against Kamala to smear her campaign. lipsrsealed
The only person calling her Jezebel is that demented misguided FFK who cannot stand powerful women don't take that attention seeker serious he is a clown.
That is how they smear women at the top and bring out all kind of misunderstood smears and lies against them.You can read the link below for clarification and a better understanding you can verify too from other truth speaking news platforms or blogs and not from propaganda lies

https://www.marieclaire.com/politics/a28571249/kamala-harris-attorney-general-controversy/

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/13/923369723/lets-talk-about-kamala-harris

https://theappeal.org/kamala-harris-criminal-justice-record-killed-her-presidential-run/

2 Likes

Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by khiaa(f): 12:40am On Dec 07, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

She is black

Where she is from does not indicate who she is even Joe was once racist and apologised for it and his actions have shown he is changed man different from Trump.
Kamala is black,majority of the population in Jamaica where her father is from are Afro Jamaicans from Africa.
Kamala father is only half Black and her mother isn't Black at all but Indian. She identifies as Asian and only brought up her "Jamaican" side for political reasons(to get the Black vote). So no, the Asians can have her.

Joe Biden may have apologized for his past racism but it is still imbedded deep inside of him. He made some off color (back handed statements) during his campaign trying to pit Blacks and Hispanics against each other, so yeah he better straighten up and fly right or he will get the boot as well.

As a Black American I will never trust Biden and Harris with my well being because they both have walked some very shady, crooked roads.
Kamala has proven to be the snake people call her. Let's see how manipulative she will be in office or has she really changed.
Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by PrideofLincoln1(m): 12:43am On Dec 07, 2020
Trust the vile racist Trump then but Trump will be gone from our National discuss starting from noon on Jan 20.
khiaa:

Kamala father is only half Black and her mother isn't Black at all but Indian. She identifies as Asian and only brought up her "Jamaican" side for political reasons(to get the Black vote). So no, the Asians can have her.

Joe Biden may have apologized for his past racism but it is still imbedded deep inside of him. He made some off color (back handed statements) during his campaign trying to pit Blacks and Hispanics against each other, so yeah he better straighten up and fly right or he will get the boot as well.

As a Black American I will never trust Biden and Harris with my well being because they both have walked some very shady, crooked roads.
Kamala has proven to be the snake people call her. Let's see how manipulate she will be in office or has she really changed.

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by khiaa(f): 12:58am On Dec 07, 2020
PrideofLincoln1:
Trust the vile racist Trump then but Trump will be gone from our National discuss starting from noon on Jan 20.

Who said anything about trusting that re.tarded savage Trump? I don't trust any of them. We had some horrible choices for president this election.
Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by PrideofLincoln1(m): 1:01am On Dec 07, 2020
khiaa:

Who said anything about trusting that re.tarded savage Trump? I don't trust any of them. We had some horrible choices for president this election.
Will take Biden and Harris over anyone the Republicans will throw out in 2024. This African American and 88% of African Americans voted for Biden/Harris ticket.

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by tobechi74: 1:06am On Dec 07, 2020
Attitude is very important
Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by khiaa(f): 1:11am On Dec 07, 2020
PrideofLincoln1:
Will take Biden and Harris over anyone the Republicans will throw out in 2024. This African American and 88% of African Americans voted for Biden/Harris ticket.
They voted for Biden the same reason I voted for him **To get Trump OUT** it doesn't mean we trust them, they have to prove themselves worthy or risk losing our support.

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by PrideofLincoln1(m): 1:17am On Dec 07, 2020
khiaa:

They voted for Biden the same reason I voted for him **To get Trump OUT** it doesn't mean we trust them, they have to prove themselves worthy or risk losing our support.
Speak for yourself lady. My wife and I waited in the bitter winter of Chicago to vote both of them in. Look at the Biden's appointment that looks like America. Take your pull down Syndrome against a beautiful sister Harris from here.

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by khiaa(f): 1:27am On Dec 07, 2020
PrideofLincoln1:
Speak for yourself lady. My wife and I waited in the bitter winter of Chicago to vote both of them in. Look at the Biden's appointment that looks like America. Take your pull down Syndrome against a beautiful sister Harris from here.
You may vote for someone based on the color of their skin, I don't. I live in California and Kamala was an underhanded, crooked, over zealous, racist prosecutor who sent many innocent Black men to prison and death roll knowing they were innocent. She withheld information that would prove their innocence and was forced by the judge to turn the information over. Thank Yah for that judge, they were set free.

ALL SKINFOLKS AREN'T KINFOLKS!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by PrideofLincoln1(m): 1:32am On Dec 07, 2020
khiaa:
You may vote for someone based on the color of their skin, I don't. I live in California and Kamala was a underhanded, crooked, over zealous, racist prosecutor who sent many innocent Black men to prison and death roll knowing they were innocent. She held information that would prove their innocence and was forced by the judge to turn the information over. Thank Yah for that judge, they were set free.

ALL SKINFOLKS AREN'T KINFOLKS!!!!!
Your kind is Jealous of successful Black Sisters and what you say makes no difference because she was a District Attorney in San Francisco and then Attorney General of California to being a Senator representing California and now Vice President to be and here you are on Nairaland mouthing off over someone that you will not match up to in life.

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by khiaa(f): 1:37am On Dec 07, 2020
PrideofLincoln1:
Your kind is Jealous of successful Bkack Sisters and what you say makes no difference because she was a District Attorney in San Francisco and then Attorney General of California to being a Senator representing California and now Vice President to be and here you are on Nairaland mouthing off over someone that you will not match up to in life.

You are an idiot until reality hits you. You can brag and praise this woman all you want, it only lets me know what kind of person you are, you support corruption based on skin tone.

I would never want to be in Kamala shoes, she has a lot on atoning to do. Instead of putting your resentment towards me because I speak the truth about this woman, do some research for yourself on the misconduct of Kamala in California.

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by PrideofLincoln1(m): 1:41am On Dec 07, 2020
khiaa:

You are an idiot until reality hits you. You can brag and praise this woman all you want, it only lets me know what kind of person you are, you support corruption based on skin tone.

I would never want to be in Kamala shoes, she has a lot on atoning to do.
Now you are getting to name calling jungle Bunny. Don't go there with me idiot. I will skin you alive. By the way, you will never be in her shoe. She's millions of years ahead of you in all measuring scales of life.

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by khiaa(f): 1:43am On Dec 07, 2020
PrideofLincoln1:
Now you are getting to name calling jungle Bunny. Don't go there with me idiot. I will skin you alive.

What's a Jungle Bunny?
Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by PrideofLincoln1(m): 1:44am On Dec 07, 2020
khiaa:

What's a Jungle Bunny?
Look at the mirror.

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by khiaa(f): 1:55am On Dec 07, 2020
PrideofLincoln1:
Look at the mirror.
So a Black American is calling another Black American a Jungle Bunny and what's more ironic you thought I was African and you call yourself African American yet you called me a Jungle Bunny. You see I was right, you are an idiot.
You should take your own advice.

PrideofLincoln you are the trash that shame Black Americans. You are the trash they spew hatred towards but blame ALL Black Americans because of fools like you. You can go through the topics on here and see all the disdain they have for Black Americans because of people like yourself.

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by PrideofLincoln1(m): 1:57am On Dec 07, 2020
khiaa:

You should take your own advice.
Done with you hater. Ms Pull successful Black Woman down Syndrome. Bye.

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by khiaa(f): 2:02am On Dec 07, 2020
PrideofLincoln1:

Grow up.
Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by khiaa(f): 2:12am On Dec 07, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

Don't take that lady serious some of the things she stated are lies with no proof but propaganda used against Kamala to smear her campaign. lipsrsealed
The only person calling her Jezebel is that demented misguided FFK who cannot stand powerful women don't take that attention seeker serious he is a clown.
That is how they smear women at the top and bring out all kind of misunderstood smears and lies against them.You can read the link below for clarification and a better understanding you can verify too from other truth speaking news platforms or blogs and not from propaganda lies

https://www.marieclaire.com/politics/a28571249/kamala-harris-attorney-general-controversy/

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/13/923369723/lets-talk-about-kamala-harris

https://theappeal.org/kamala-harris-criminal-justice-record-killed-her-presidential-run/

What lies did I tell? I live in California and I remember what she did to innocent Black men who were later exonerated.

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:46am On Dec 07, 2020
khiaa:

What lies did I tell? I live in California and I remember what she did to innocent Black men who were later exonerated.
Read the link I posted instead of blowing what she did out of proportion because she was doing her job and how California was at the time she was AG. undecided undecided.
So she set the black men up right did you even bother to know the full facts of the case and how California was at the time read it up instead of telling me you stay in CA and spread overblown propaganda undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:46am On Dec 07, 2020
PrideofLincoln1:
Don't mind her lying on Kamala's record she had to do what she did at the time and some of those things she was accused of are lies

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Is Officially The 46th President Of The United States. by PrideofLincoln1(m): 6:53am On Dec 07, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

Don't mind her lying on Kamala's record she had to do what she did at the time and some of those things she was accused of are lies
Believe me I know her type. We have few sellouts in our community that are always angry when they see successful Black Woman or Man doing well. She can live another 100 years and she will not be fit enough to carry Kamala Harris Gucci Purse. Pull me down Syndrome that's common to Black people in America.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Leaders Call For Global Pandemic Treaty(pics) / Fact On Libyan’s Revolt / Trump And Kim Lookalikes Hold 'summit' In Singapore (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.