Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

HELP Me With A Structured English Language Learning Resources From Nur 2ru Prim - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HELP Me With A Structured English Language Learning Resources From Nur 2ru Prim (270 Views)

Is School Really A Scam? See What I Saw In A Nur 2 Pupil Textbook / What's A Person Who Studies/studied English Language Called? / "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP Me With A Structured English Language Learning Resources From Nur 2ru Prim by donpata(m): 8:37pm On Dec 05, 2020
I have this cousin of mine from the village who is done with SS3. His reading is fair but has great problem with understanding the meaning of words and is terribly bad with spellings. He also mixes up his tenses. If not cos he is already 18, i would have enrolled him in Nursery two or three. i want to take him through an intensive home tutoring for like a year before having him attempt WAEC again; the initial one being an mess. I have made attempts to tutor him but i am concerned it's not structured. Can anyone help me with a structured learning material like pace/ace or suggest some other resources. Advice on alternative strategy is welcomed.
Re: HELP Me With A Structured English Language Learning Resources From Nur 2ru Prim by abovespeed: 8:49pm On Dec 05, 2020
We can get you an experienced phonics and english grammar lesson or home school teacher to tutor him from grassroots. Only if your location is Benin
Re: HELP Me With A Structured English Language Learning Resources From Nur 2ru Prim by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 05, 2020
He'll need phonics to improve his spellings and reading. Then get him a book on sight words to increase his vocabulary and teach him the meanings and how to use them correctly in sentences.

Emphasize on the use of tenses. you can get these books from a book shop depending on your location. If you're in Lagos, go to tejuosho bookshop. You'll get a variety to chose from.
Re: HELP Me With A Structured English Language Learning Resources From Nur 2ru Prim by donpata(m): 5:29am On Dec 06, 2020
abovespeed:
We can get you an experienced phonics and english grammar lesson or home school teacher to tutor him from grassroots. Only if your location is Benin

I am in Kaduna. Plus I want a daily thing including weekends. This is y I got to handle it myself.
Re: HELP Me With A Structured English Language Learning Resources From Nur 2ru Prim by donpata(m): 5:30am On Dec 06, 2020
CalliDora1:
He'll need phonics to improve his spellings and reading. Then get him a book on sight words to increase his vocabulary and teach him the meanings and how to use them correctly in sentences.

Emphasize on the use of tenses. you can get these books from a book shop depending on your location. If you're in Lagos, go to tejuosho bookshop. You'll get a variety to chose from.

Thanks. Can you suggest a good series on it?
Re: HELP Me With A Structured English Language Learning Resources From Nur 2ru Prim by abovespeed: 7:03am On Dec 06, 2020
I am in Kaduna. Plus I want a daily thing including weekends. This is y I got to handle it myself.

Kaduna, okay.
You truly care about your cousin.

We can still help, send us your phone number through PM, we'll text a contact to you soonest, you can discuss with the person for further details and assistance on this.

(1) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak Reported At A Hostel At The Usmanu Danfodio University(video) / JAMB Announces Set-date For Sales Of UTME Registration Forms, Arrest Fraudster / Revealed: Read How Ademiluyi David Got 7.5 Band Scores In Ielts Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.