Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Some Auto Dealers And Their Dishonesty. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Some Auto Dealers And Their Dishonesty. (401 Views)

How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. / How Auto Dealers Lost Cars Worth N500m To Lagos Pipeline Fire (photos) / Auto Dealers Please Educate Me On This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Auto Dealers And Their Dishonesty. by Nobody: 4:10am On Dec 06, 2020
I saw a 2014 E63s on jiji and contacted the seller. Price was outrageous but we negotiated and was getting somewhere. He asked I come for inspection which was not too far from my place. I asked for more photos and as well engine photos. To my surprise the engine was carrying the V6 badge. I had to ask him again to be sure, he confirmed it was an E63. Then I asked why the V6 engine then? It was then he opened up that it was an upgrade that it’s a normal 2014 E350.

Why the lies? Unsuspecting customers that have zero ideas about cars and how this scam works would fall a victim.

The norm now is they no longer include the original year of the car but the year of the upgraded plastic kits that gives it a shiny bling bling. angry

1 Like

Re: Some Auto Dealers And Their Dishonesty. by BabbanBura(m): 5:07am On Dec 06, 2020
Carchoice:
I saw a 2014 E63s on jiji and contacted the seller. Price was outrageous but we negotiated and was getting somewhere. He asked I come for inspection which was not too far from my place. I asked for more photos and as well engine photos. To my surprise the engine was carrying the V6 badge. I had to ask him again to be sure, he confirmed it was an E63. Then I asked why the V6 engine then? It was then he opened up that it was an upgrade that it’s a normal 2014 E350.

Why the lies? Unsuspecting customers that have zero ideas about cars and how this scam works would fall a victim.

The norm now is they no longer include the original year of the car but the year of the upgraded plastic kits that gives it a shiny bling bling. angry

Welcome to Naija reality where every animal tries to outwit the other

(1) (Reply)

Exceptional Service Of Vehicle Paper Renewal And New/toksvehicle Registration / VW Engine Oil Specification / Tokumbo Toyota Camry 07 #2.9m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.