Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,169 members, 7,821,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Nigerian Becomes Ireland’s First Black Mayor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Becomes Ireland’s First Black Mayor (990 Views)

Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland / Governor Ugwuanyi In Dublin Ireland For Gala Night Party - Photos / Ikedi Ohakim And Wife At Daughter's Graduation In Ireland (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Becomes Ireland’s First Black Mayor by Ezinwannem: 3:06pm On Jun 29, 2007
I am happy for him, we want more Nigerians to emulate from him tongue
Re: Nigerian Becomes Ireland’s First Black Mayor by BlackMamba(m): 3:18pm On Jun 29, 2007
I will emulate him if he gives up all the comfort in Ireland and become the Chairman of a local council in Naija. I know how bleak that is, without joining the Naija corruption train but he'll be my hero if he can pull it off and instill good governance and rule of law. We would then utilize his experience in pulling Naija out of the abyss, one local council at a time.
Re: Nigerian Becomes Ireland’s First Black Mayor by doncaster(m): 9:59pm On Jun 29, 2007
what is his name and mayor of which county pls.
Re: Nigerian Becomes Ireland’s First Black Mayor by Mamajama(m): 10:01pm On Jun 29, 2007
Re: Nigerian Becomes Ireland’s First Black Mayor by Orosunnuku(m): 3:39am On Jun 30, 2007
If this is true, then it is good news for Nigerians.
It shows that we are capable of good things, contrary to the negative image some people paint about us.
More of this, so that our detractors can go die in the Atlantic Ocean!
Re: Nigerian Becomes Ireland’s First Black Mayor by smile4kenn(m): 5:25pm On Oct 21, 2007
watch out, i will be the first black usa president
Re: Nigerian Becomes Ireland’s First Black Mayor by Kobojunkie: 6:14pm On Oct 21, 2007
Orosunnuku:

If this is true, then it is good news for Nigerians.
It shows that we are capable of good things, contrary to the negative image some people paint about us.
More of this, so that our detractors can go die in the Atlantic Ocean!

Why in the world is it necessarily good news for Nigerians again??  Becoming governor in Ireland is not in anyway good news for me though. It just means the man became governor in Ireland,  I am not sure the 75 million VERY POOR nigerians in Nigeria will be affected in any way,    Unles you are going to deny that that is the fact of things. There are nigeria mayors in the USA but how has that changed anything for the 75 million VERY poor Nigerians in Nigeria?? You tell me !!!
Re: Nigerian Becomes Ireland’s First Black Mayor by uspry1(f): 7:53pm On Oct 21, 2007
Ireland Elects Its First Nigerian Mayor - Who is Rotimi Adebari,
Nigerian Immigrant that will lead on Portlaoise Town Council

Source cite from USA CBS News dated on July 29, 2007: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/06/29/world/main2996431.shtml
Re: Nigerian Becomes Ireland’s First Black Mayor by denex: 8:36pm On Oct 21, 2007
You people will not stop with this BLACK thing!
Re: Nigerian Becomes Ireland’s First Black Mayor by feelgood(m): 9:58pm On Oct 22, 2007
Is that not the same guy that lied that he was seeking assylum or refugee status because of a supposed religious persecution in his home state somewhere in western Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

The Next Clintonomics: Old Clinton Or New Democratic Push Against Free Trade? / Waec Releases Results, 83% Of Candidates Fail / Need For Pedestrian Bridge At Mowe/ibafo Along Lagos - Ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.