Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You (22385 Views)

The House Where An Agent Took My Friend To In Lagos (Photo) / How To Know When An Agent Is Lying / Lady Shares Video Of House An Agent Took Her To In Lagos For N300k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by EzeAnthony1(m): 4:11pm On Dec 06, 2020
When it comes to buying and selling properties, or renting apartments, you'd definitely need the assistance of a good real estate agent.

But how do you know if a real estate agent is lying? ... Or when he is lying?

There are 3 unmistakable signs that lets you know when an agent is lying.

No. 1: When he gives you misleading property descriptions.

You probably might have heard things like "That land close to the Dangote refinery is just 25minutes drive from chevron roundabout"
Such descriptions are misleading and as such you need to be on alert.

No 2: When he talks too much without even giving attention to your desires or past experiences.

No 3: When he over inflates the property value.

Yes! Properties in Lekki and Ibeju Lekki are consistently increasing in value. But when an agent starts telling you "Buy now! this property is going to go up in value by over 750% next year", then there's every tendency that he's lying. This is because even if the property would go up in value by over 750% next year, he doesn't need to blurt it out like that.

Am I trying to say that all real estate agents are liars? Heavens No! There are lots of sincere ones out there.

I just want you to be equipped with the right information to know when and if an agent is lying to you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by TRADELYN: 10:38am On Apr 02, 2021
4. When he tells you that someone is coming to pay now, but he is still taking you everywhere for inspection and telling you to pay soon before the person comes. grin cheesy wink

149 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Draslo(m): 10:39am On Apr 02, 2021
Lol. Op, what are you talking about? Real Estate agents make a living off lying to their clients.

They will lie that the land you're buying has no omo onile issues.
They will lie to you that someone else wants the same property and so you should buy fast
They will lie to you that your landlord is a nice person if you're renting.
They will lie to you that government is going to build a new road soon if you're buying a remote farmland.

E be like say you no know agents sha

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Roon9(m): 10:39am On Apr 02, 2021
Very weak write-up. I wonder why it's on front page

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by ronalmagic10(m): 10:39am On Apr 02, 2021
Is this all you could come up with?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by StPete: 10:39am On Apr 02, 2021
When he starts to hurry you to make payment, calling every now and then, just take a pause and never fall for the bait. He just might have given the property to someone else and wants to japa or worst yet, japa with your money for a non-existing house or land

8 Likes

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Sandydayziz(f): 10:40am On Apr 02, 2021
The dream smiley
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by IseoneofIse: 10:40am On Apr 02, 2021
Do they have good agents. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Jilihaja: 10:40am On Apr 02, 2021
smiley
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by information1: 10:40am On Apr 02, 2021
Do we still have real and trusted Agent?

Abeg go write your NPOWER test before the deadline via https://talkgeria.com/npower-batch-c-test-portal-nasims-gov-ng/
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Otaiky(m): 10:40am On Apr 02, 2021
ok
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Kobicove(m): 10:41am On Apr 02, 2021
Is that all?

I was expecting someting more in-dept undecided

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Patrioticman007(m): 10:41am On Apr 02, 2021
The secrets of property deals are just good fortune & luck from Allah.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by bluefilm: 10:41am On Apr 02, 2021
EzeAnthony1:
When it comes to buying and selling properties, or renting apartments, you'd definitely need the assistance of a good real estate agent.

But how do you know if a real estate agent is lying? ... Or when he is lying?

There are 3 unmistakable signs that lets you know when an agent is lying.

No. 1: When he gives you misleading property descriptions.

You probably might have heard things like "That land close to the Dangote refinery is just 25minutes drive from chevron roundabout"
Such descriptions are misleading and as such you need to be on alert.

No 2: When he talks too much without even giving attention to your desires or past experiences.

No 3: When he over inflates the property value.

Yes! Properties in Lekki and Ibeju Lekki are consistently increasing in value. But when an agent starts telling you "Buy now! this property is going to go up in value by over 750% next year", then there's every tendency that he's lying. This is because even if the property would go up in value by over 750% next year, he doesn't need to blurt it out like that.

Am I trying to say that all real estate agents are liars? Heavens No! There are lots of sincere ones out there.

I just want you to be equipped with the right information to know when and if an agent is lying to you.

Must the agent be a He?

Why are you being so sexist?

Seun and lalasticlala, please come and cancel this guy for being so sexist which is tantamount to Hate Speech.

Hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Oyiboman69: 10:41am On Apr 02, 2021
When tells you that someone has already bought the swamp close to where you intend to buy...

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Zolagianfranco(m): 10:41am On Apr 02, 2021
I really appreciate this thread, too many dubious agents out there

3 Likes

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by BruncleZuma: 10:41am On Apr 02, 2021
Baba dey sell book, thank you Anthony for wetting out appetite.
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by BruncleZuma: 10:41am On Apr 02, 2021
Baba dey sell book; thank you Anthony for whetting our appetite.
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Elsueno: 10:42am On Apr 02, 2021
cheesy
Blame nobody for disappointing u, Blame urself for trusting them.
TRUST NOBODY SUSPECT EVERYBODY grin
This song aptly describe how I live my life

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Elsueno: 10:42am On Apr 02, 2021
Sound enngine, Contact for payment.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by younglleo: 10:43am On Apr 02, 2021
Hello can someone assist me with 2k pls,
Am begging every nairalander

1 Like

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Offpoint1: 10:43am On Apr 02, 2021
When he told you at day1: 'there are 10 people disturbing him to get the property'

Then at day 2 he wants to finish your destiny with calls.

8 Likes

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 02, 2021
ronalmagic10:
not for people living under their parents roof
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by gbaskiboy: 10:43am On Apr 02, 2021
ronalmagic10:
Same thing I was about asking oo
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Joshintua(m): 10:45am On Apr 02, 2021
If property agents don’t do that, how will be convinced and have interest.
It’s left for you not to only believe in hearsay only, but also physical inspection.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 02, 2021
Jilihaja:
smiley
you're doing well
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by jacoik(m): 10:45am On Apr 02, 2021
if na Lagos agent ehhhh op abeg forget dem. there was dis agent dat lied to me ehhh sotey I no come know weda make I cry abi laff. when you hear Bible talk of devil been father of all liars ehhh na Lagos d Bible dey talk about

1 Like

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 02, 2021
When he tells you the area has 24/7 light and you won't even need to use use your gen grin

6 Likes

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by jacoik(m): 10:47am On Apr 02, 2021
guy, no sincere agent abeg. tomorrow now u go tell me say there is sincere lawyer or judge

1 Like

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by bigdammyj: 10:48am On Apr 02, 2021
Noted

(1) (2) (Reply)

Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) / KARCHER High Pressure Car Washer PROMO PRICE N50,000-wash Ur Car/house In 2mins / Fire Razes School, Hotel In Akwa Ibom (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.