Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Which Is A Cheaper Option For Me Carpet(rug) Or Tiling - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Which Is A Cheaper Option For Me Carpet(rug) Or Tiling (1003 Views)

We Design Our Tiling To Your Taste / 7 Basic Principles Of Tiling Your House Appropriately / Showcasing Of Our Finishings Work i.e,tiling,kitchen setup, plumbing,painting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is A Cheaper Option For Me Carpet(rug) Or Tiling by bugativeron: 6:30pm On Dec 06, 2020
Dear Nairalanders, I am at a dilemma as per the choice I need to make concerning my house.
I have a deadline to move out of my apartment this December, at best my landlord will tolerate me till first week in January 2021.

I therefore decided to manage to complete my house to a reasonable extent to move my family in since at best I will get a good house to rent at about 1.5m/annum.

Now my dilemma, I am not sure I have the money to tile my house, which may be coming to about 800k.
Now I am asking, will finishing the floor with cement and carpeting(rug) the entire house be a cheaper option, considering the cost of quality rug?
I may decide to tile the house in later future. Size of house is 5bedroom duplex.
Kindly advise on cheaper and sensible options

Note: Finishing the floor with fine cement without carpet is not and option for me.
Re: Which Is A Cheaper Option For Me Carpet(rug) Or Tiling by Pofgrace(m): 6:36pm On Dec 06, 2020
bugativeron:
Dear Nairalanders, I am at a dilemma as per the choice I need to make concerning my house.
I have a deadline to move out of my apartment this December, at best my landlord will tolerate me till first week in January 2021.

I therefore decided to manage to complete my house to a reasonable extent to move my family in since at best I will get a good house to rent at about 1.5m/annum.

Now my dilemma, I am not sure I have the money to tile my house, which may be coming to about 800k.
Now I am asking, will finishing the floor with cement and carpeting(rug) the entire house be a cheaper option, considering the cost of quality rug?
I may decide to tile the house in later future. Size of house is 5bedroom duplex.
Kindly advise on cheaper and sensible options

Note: Finishing the floor with fine cement without carpet is not and option for me.
you might want to consider doing tilling of some important parts first ...I wouldn't advise you tile everything up at this moment but you can tile maybe 2room and their toilet inclusive and your sitting room

2 Likes

Re: Which Is A Cheaper Option For Me Carpet(rug) Or Tiling by KaworuNagisa: 7:49pm On May 09, 2021
have you thought about the costs of cleaning such surfaces?
Re: Which Is A Cheaper Option For Me Carpet(rug) Or Tiling by niyi123: 8:22pm On May 09, 2021
I have a complete unused 6kg gas cylinder for sale at Ikorodu, it is urgent- 7,500, it is sold for 10,500 in the market.
Collection point Ikorodu garrage
Re: Which Is A Cheaper Option For Me Carpet(rug) Or Tiling by Williboss(m): 4:08pm On May 13, 2021
Not even the costs are a problem, but the rug itself. I'd suggest to make only a part of the house in such cases. There are other cheap material you can use and which will be better than warmer. I had a bad experience with carpeted floor. My kids were constantly leaking there some food or stuff and once we felt a bad smell. Look like cleaning just the rug isn't enough, it was leaking under it. You don't want to know what we have seen there when we took off the carpet. Awful view! So you have to take care and clean it always! Maybe find a way to clean it also under the carpet. But I'd suggest other materials like this https://splendorflooddamagerestoration.com.au/carpet-drying-port-of-brisbane/ .

(1) (Reply)

Sold / 2 Bedroom Needed Now! / Urgent Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.