Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,280 members, 7,957,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:06 PM

A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) (47876 Views)

Big Snake Seen Inside A Toilet (WC) In Ekpoma, Edo State (pics/video) / Big Snake Killed By Soldiers In Sambisa Forest (Photo) / See The Snake Killed In My Neighborhood Today. What's The Name? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) by ga6992: 10:55pm On Dec 07, 2020
Looks like a puff or death adder
Re: A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) by themanderon: 12:06am On Dec 08, 2020
Chop off and bury or burn that head. Some species are known to bite after they are thought to have been killed hours later.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) by WorldAmbassador: 1:35am On Dec 08, 2020
Nelson0019:
I was just stepping out of My House when I saw it.
What is the name ?
Someone told me that it's called Puff
Adder.
It's definitely venomous. Venomous snakes have diamond-shaped heads, non-venomous snakes generally do not. Gabon Vipers have a 'horn' on their head. I do not see one on the snake you killed. Glad you killed it because one thing is for sure-it is venomous.
Re: A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) by rinzaugustine: 2:27am On Dec 08, 2020
I suspect that was the snake that killed my friend about 15 years ago.He went to poo in the bush at night without light and mistakenly stepped on it and he never survived that bite.They took him to all the native healers in Nigeria but he still died.It’s advisable to always move with torch light at night because that saved me one night during my NYSC .I was walking on a lonely pathway and flash my light to a black snake that covered the way.When I mobilized an came back it wasn’t there anymore.
Re: A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) by sultaan(m): 5:18am On Dec 08, 2020
male puff adder
Re: A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) by AmadorSays: 6:00am On Dec 08, 2020
short but very dangerous
Re: A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) by DaRuud(m): 6:49am On Dec 08, 2020
No na Mozambique Python

MJBOLT:
the designs on this one is different from that of a gaboon viper,it looks like a puff adder.

The first picture is a Gaboon Viper
The second picture is a puff adder

[s][/s]

Re: A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) by SEGLIZ: 7:05am On Dec 08, 2020
tfash96:
please quickly remove frog and salamander before your child will see this and be thinking you must be skipping Biology classes in your secondary

Frog and salamander are under Amphibians not reptiles

done.
only mistook and misinterpreted skink for salamander.
skipping biology classes wasn't a regular thing, for I love the subject even with a very little resentment.
Re: A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) by Grandmeister(m): 7:08am On Dec 08, 2020
UnBanEbenezer:
na zoology you study?
I studied Agric engineering but I’m a lover of nature and animals especially.
Re: A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) by tfash96(m): 8:32am On Dec 08, 2020
SEGLIZ:

done.
only mistook and misinterpreted skink for salamander.
skipping biology classes wasn't a regular thing, for I love the subject even with a very little resentment.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) by cardoctor(m): 9:27am On Dec 08, 2020
Puff daddy
Re: A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) by SEGLIZ: 9:28am On Dec 08, 2020
tfash96:
God bless you

you too.

1 Like

Re: A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) by MansoryMX(m): 9:52am On Dec 08, 2020
Nelson0019:
What is the name ?
Adder.

That’s a puff adder! Thank God you didn’t get bitten by that. Please I will love to know the state you live in bro?
Re: A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) by healthern: 11:46am On Dec 08, 2020
Nelson0019:
What is the name ?
Adder.

Clearly puff adder
Re: A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) by debbydams(f): 12:01pm On Dec 08, 2020
southniyikaye:
I hate snakes fa
No be Gabon viper be this?
pepper soup don land dear.. What do u want it with.. Palm � wine � or bold ginger grin
Re: A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 08, 2020
undecided
debbydams:
pepper soup don land dear.. What do u want it with.. Palm � wine � or bold ginger grin
Re: A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 08, 2020
MansoryMX:

That’s a puff adder! Thank God you didn’t get bitten by that. Please I will love to know the state you live in bro?
I Live in Ebonyi State bro
Re: A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) by MansoryMX(m): 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2020
Nelson0019:
I Live in Ebonyi State bro

Thank you very much bro. Lemme add it to my list of state blacklisted from visit no matter the situation. I nor wan use eye jam puff adder for bush or road!
Re: A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) by sultaan(m): 9:22pm On Dec 08, 2020
I believe the Yoruba call it "Oka"(curl) because it always curled up waiting for prey, and the Gaboon Viper is called "Paramole" (hidden in the ground).

The 'V' pattern on the Addder and the rectangular pattern at the back Viper is the first difference to note then the color of the head the Adder tends to be darker shade and Gaboon has the lighter shade
Re: A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) by Joshcoli(m): 9:36am On Dec 12, 2020
This is a puff Adder.. very aggressive and deadly
Re: A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) by rowland545(m): 8:19am On Dec 21, 2020
princepee:
That should be a Python I hate any kind of snake! Even the name alone make sick may i never encounter any kind.
everybody day say puff adder or Gabon viper....only u comot from nowhere shout python....

U need prayers
Re: A Big Snake I Just Killed In Front Of My House Now. What's The Name ? (photos) by Onyeka2019: 6:32pm On May 13, 2021
You way you kill am nah you go still get the name yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dubai-based Nigerian Man Dies Days After Returning To Nigeria From Dubai(pics) / Python Killed And Sold In Ekiti (Photo, Video) / A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.