Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

One Last Thing - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / One Last Thing (219 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Last Thing by Opecksy1: 1:32am On Dec 07, 2020
Plot Summary
A lonely Florida dentist is approached by a figure from the past bringing news that sends him on an eventful journey of discovery, tears, pain and laughter.

Cast
Wendell Pierce, Jurnee Smollett, Joanne Froggatt, April Billingsley, Elizabeth Faith Ludlow

Movie Review
A lonely Florida dentist is approached by a figure from the past bringing news that sends him on an eventful journey of discovery, tears, pain and laughter. Dylan set off on a quest to search for his long lost daughter after an investigator brought him news of his daughter's whereabout, he set to leave the next day but not without rehearsing how he would approach her first lol. On getting there all he could do was stalk her first and see where she goes and who she meets which made him discover she has a girlfriend. Lucy his supposed daughter noticed and feel his body and eye movement wherever she goes (but of course who wouldn't, when an old man who is of my father's age keeps staring at me not even in this Lagos lol the man would immediately be tagged a kidnapper sort of) so eventually Lucy attacked and accused him publicly of how creepy it was having eyes all over her(yeah!!! Go attagirl) in an attempt to calm her the word 'I Am Your Father' came out of Dylan's mouth , (lol wow that actually came out fast, I mean I never experrerit) Soon they started hanging out, having chats, father and daughter soon bonded.
After spending much time with Lucy, Dylan got to find out he was not her biological father and they were not even related at all in the first place, as a doctor that he was the first thing he should have done was run a DNA test to comfirm but a father's love and the eagerness to bond with the little girl he never knew and met over shadowed him but I'd say (oba ni kobaje lol) Dylan still loved and showed her affection, the bond they shared grew deeper and this made hi first of all adopt her, then donate one of his kidney to her as she suffers from kidney disease.

This movie titled 'One Last Thing' is actually the best, I mean it is straight forward no comma, e smooth like semo with draw soup. The plot is as good as the movie and it makes you see that it's not all movies that end bad with the way it started, if you're quick to making conclusions i bet you would have said Lucy or Dylan would die in the movie lol I also love how it had little or no suspense at all, yeah cos what's suspense if it's not suspenseful after all you feel me? . Although to be honest it was annoying at some point because i expected the director to create a kind of allusion and also play tricks on people's mind but it was all straight to the point. (In the scene where he told her he was her father was just not original i mean they were just meeting for the first time , no exchanging of words, no greetings just 'I am your father' oga Dylan who does that? It's not done that way o!! But it was cool along the line, I love how they eventually connected, talked, played and visited some places).
This is a nice family movie to watch as it explain what forgiveness and love can conquer.

Have you seen One Last Thing? What is your view on the movie? To you do you think Dylan was desperate to have someone call him daddy so hard that he had to donate his kidney?

For more movie review check here - http://thescreenhub..com/2020/06/one-last-thing.html

(1) (Reply)

African Movie Channel Saturday Night Movie: Taunting Faith / New Video_ Broda Shaggi “what Is An Antelope”? / Fear Of The Walking Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.