Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

News - News - Arik Airline Staff Cries For Help, Says Chairman "calls Us Monkeys - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / News - News - Arik Airline Staff Cries For Help, Says Chairman "calls Us Monkeys (6119 Views)

Arik Airline Recruitment 2016 / INEC (ADHOC Staff) Invite For Training. / Arik Airline Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

News - News - Arik Airline Staff Cries For Help, Says Chairman "calls Us Monkeys by solaugo(m): 8:44pm On Mar 23, 2011
We want to say a very big thank you for the kind of first class information we get from your network. We really do pray that God will continue to be with you and increase your knowledge and power to say more of the truth needed to build our nation. We will like to bring to your notice that we the staff of Arik Air are not happy with the way and manner our management is treating us. We worked very hard to make our living, but what we get in return is the 2 months delay in salaries, abusive languages from our Chairman, humiliation and underpayment.

You can imagine when our chairman addressed us and called us Monkeys; but in our mind we call him Baboon. Off course we all know Baboons are fathers to monkeys. To substantiate our facts, majority of our Nigerian Pilots have left Arik and they are still counting. Mr Egwuonu, our chief Pilot resigned two months ago and Some are resigning their appointments. Cabin crews also are not left behind Sure, we will all want to work in place where we will be treated nicely.

By standard, cabin crews are those that make the money for any airline all over the world, but the reverse is the case for Arik Air. Sometimes, when we go to

London and America, we meet our colleagues from other different airlines and they tell us the kind of benefits they get as a cabin crew.

You can imagine, there are no workmanship benefits, no health insurance, salary is the smallest in the in the world, Arik Air do not even refer crew members to the embassy, No rebate as s staff. There is absolutely nothing you can benefit as a staff of Arik Air.

You can imagine if a crew that has to risk his or her life comes back to be paid N55,000.00 basic and plus all your allowances and flight time N110,000 per month Funny enough, the salary will be paid on the 25th day of the new month. Sometime some of us don’t get our salaries until the sixtieth day or more. Why, all because there are no jobs.

Kindly remind this man that there are other airlines before he started his business. Ask him to fathom what happened to Okada Air, Albarka air and other.

A word is enough for the wise or we will fight you very strongly to the extent of seeing your aircraft sleeping at the airport and no one will be ready to operate the flight.

Please kindly send this to the internet if his friends can call him to other or we will be ready for a showdown one day.

Concern Crew Member,

Atiku Chinelo Abidemi.

On behalf of my coleagues.
Re: News - News - Arik Airline Staff Cries For Help, Says Chairman "calls Us Monkeys by MISSYPINKY: 12:49am On Mar 25, 2011
so arik air is this useless, thank GOD i didnt apply last year when they where hiring. and i tot i had lost a good oppurtunity nt knowing i was being saved by the bell. GOD i thank you oooooo. hey guys i feel for u oooooooooo.
Re: News - News - Arik Airline Staff Cries For Help, Says Chairman "calls Us Monkeys by sweetcheek(f): 2:19pm On Mar 25, 2011
Thanks for exposing the chairman of Arik Air for the wrongs he is doing to his workers. Nigerians please let us expose companies that think they are doing their employees a favour in the hope that necessary action will be taken against them some day.

Because of the known fact that jobs are hard to come by, they do all sorts by owing salaries, not contributing to pension schemes and no welfare for workers. May God deliver us from terrible employers like this if it is true.

1 Like

Re: News - News - Arik Airline Staff Cries For Help, Says Chairman "calls Us Monkeys by chilaz(m): 7:33am On Jul 18, 2014
Hello dear,

I would like to know anyone working for Arik Air in Nigeria, UK and USA. At present, I am conducting interview with employees of Arik Air using online questionnaire and will appreciate if you can help to complete the online questionnaire which takes 20 minutes.

Here is the link to the questionnaire

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7H8VXDK

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

New Job Vacancies (entry Level) / Chevron Recruitment / Flutterwave Customer Experience Internship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.