Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,739 members, 7,809,832 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire (13635 Views)

The Great Benin Empire / The Fall And Rise Of The Benin Empire: A Must Read / The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Go Down)

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by samuk: 1:37pm On Dec 16, 2020
RedboneSmith:

Oga, stop being downright silly. This topic has been discussed exhaustively on this forum. There are communities on the western fringes of the southeast that claim their ancestors fled from Benin during one political turmoil or war. Communites with documented claims of Benin ancestry include Onitsha and Ugwuta (Oguta). Ogbaru communties also contains lineages that have such claims. These claims have been known for generations and is not a secret.

These claims do not mean Benin rule extended to those places. I've educated you several times on the difference between ancestry, influence and political control, but it appears you are a very slow learner. When people say they ran away from a certain place to escape the tyranny of a wicked king, and established their own community far away from that king, you have to be stupid to think the new community automatically was still a part of the tyrannical king's realm.

Secondly, take a look at a map of the southeast. Communites with Benin ties (Onitsha and Ugwuta, for example) are in the extreme west of the southeast, in the Niger valley. The vast swathe of the southeast did not share this ties. So the idea that Benin was some sort of poiltical centre of southern and Middle Belt Nigeria, based on the traditions of fringe communites is demonstrably ridiculous.

PS: Why do you people keep on bringing up Zik's autobiography written in the 1970s, but when I bring up a historical essay that the same Zik wrote earlier in the 1930s which appears to contradict what he wrote in the '70s, you people keep mute or ignore. I thought you were a great proponent of the theory that earlier documents are always more authentic than later ones?

All these outbursts and vituperation because the Oguta people of Imo state in the heartland of Igbo claimed that they migrated from Benin?

Does the fact that they are now Igbo change their genetic make up? All these people claiming Benin carry Benin DNA in their blood irrespective of how they are identified presently.

Judging from your reaction, it shows that you are pained that Benin DNA are all over the place in Igbo land.

How can Benin be classified as minorities but yet ubiquitous.

If Oguta, Ihiala, Obosi, Onitsha, Ogba, Egede, Ikwerre etc. Claims that they were all Benin migrants, does the Oba of Benin need to have had direct political influence over these towns for them to have Benin influence?

Benin people already populated these towns, so no need for the Oba of Benin to disturb them, no need to take war to his people.

Stop looking for evidence of Benin war machine in Igbo land as evidence of Benin political and cultural influence in Igbo land.

The Western fringes of Igbo land is Anioma or Delta North, Oguta in Imo state is in the heartland of Igbo.

You must think very highly of yourself to say you are teaching me to learn your skewed revisionist history.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by RedboneSmith(m): 2:32pm On Dec 16, 2020
samuk:

All these outbursts and vituperation because the Oguta people of Imo state in the heartland of Igbo claimed that they migrated from Benin?

Does the fact that they are now Igbo change their genetic make up? All these people claiming Benin carry Benin DNA in their blood irrespective of how they are identified presently.

Judging from your reaction, it shows that you are pained that Benin DNA are all over the place in Igbo land.

If Oguta, Ihiala, Obosi, Onitsha, Ogba, Egede, Ikwerre etc. Claims that they were all Benin migrants, does the Oba of Benin need to have had direct political influence over these towns for them to have Benin influence?

Benin people already populated these towns, so no need for the Oba of Benin to disturb them, no need to take war to his people.

Stop looking for evidence of Benin war machine in Igbo land as evidence of Benin political and cultural influence in Igbo land.

The Western fringes of Igbo land is Anioma or Delta North, Oguta in Imo state is in the heartland of Igbo.

You must think very highly of yourself to say you are teaching me to learn your skewed revisionist history.

No, the 'vituperation' is not about Oguta claiming Benin origin. There's nothing new or strange about that sort of claim. After all, there are similar claims of partial Benin origin in my own community. The vituperation is about you chasing me down on Nairaland to drag me into a subject I'm already bored discussing with you Benin expansionists. I only came here to react to a post by Tao that I found funny, not to talk to you.
You quoting me out of the blues to attempt to drag me into your asinine arguments is a tad annoying.

The rest of what you wrote here sounds like you were typing from gregboy's head, and I won't even respond to that. I mean you can't even understand what 'western fringes of the southeast' means. Dumb.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by RedboneSmith(m): 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2020
As an aside: it's funny to watch Benin and Igala people (who are uncomfortable with being minorities in today's modern Nigeria) attempt to create a meta-ethnic group by laying claims to all of their neighbours who have traditions of migrating from Benin or Idah.

I've always said that oral traditions are the most ridiculous basis upon which to attempt to build an ethnic identity. The language that a people currently speak and the way they self-identify are the indices, not oral traditions.

An example: there are Isoko clans that claim in their traditions that their ancestors migrated from Igboland. Igbide is one of those communities. There are others I do not readily recall. Now imagine if Igbo people came online to lay claims to these communities today. Imagine the outrage, and cries of 'landgrabbers' that will ring everywhere. grin

Another example: Idumoka people in Esan migrated from Awka in Anambra State. No Igbo person I know is interested in dragging the Idumoka people of Esan into some Igbo meta-ethnicity. They are Esan, and that's that.

Only small small groups are interested in using oral traditions (which are non-verifiable, if I may add) to swell their numbers.

The Igala own is even more annoying, lol. I used to talk a lot about how my own community claims Igala origin. I actually believe there is some truth to this claim, but my people are not Igala anymore, and when I see clowns like Ayegba Abdullahi running around claiming my people belong to the Igala nation, my emotions vacillate between anger and amusement. I am Anioma and Igbo today, and that's that on that.

Onitsha and Ugwuta are Igbo, not Benin. All their political moves within modern Nigeria show where their ethnic loyalties lie. They are not interested in your Greater Edo. You know the people that are interested in that - - - the Ekpeye, the Ikwerre and related groups in the south-south, who are attempting to wash away the 'taint' on Igboness by clinging to Benin. You can have them. Just leave the southeast out of it. Also leave those of us in parts of Anioma who are not interested out of it. Tenkiu.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Ofunwa111: 3:40pm On Dec 16, 2020
samuk:

You have added Ihiala ? cheesy cheesy . One can see inferiority and fear every time you write. This is what Igbo has done to you !!!

2 Likes

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Etrusen(m): 3:57pm On Dec 16, 2020
valirex:

Am just hearing that name, I will do a little more research on that.
If they accept being Benins they're welcome but of they prefer to be identified as Igbos no prob

ok bro
Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by LegendHero(m): 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2020
TAO11:
Objective: To demonstrate with new evidence that my rag — that is, @gregyboy is one and the same person with the moniker @Edeyoung

Audience: Those who may have missed it when I did a similar thing some months ago with other evidence:

Cc: Ideadoctor, gomojam, macof, RedboneSmith, RuggedSniper, googi, scholes0, Newton85, Balogunodua, babtoundey, reallest, nisai, DenreleDave, SaintBeehot, Amujale, Afam4eva, Ofunwa111, LegendHero, Barbilius, Juliusmalema

Proof:
Edeyoung created a topic namely “The Title OBA Is Indigenous to Benins”. See the embedded screenshot below for the evidence of this:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12846307_98610ddff0e24fc496bd42b6a7eab4f1_jpeg_jpegf75cfc9d205394c0399ce34f2bc590e9

One of the first “Replies” he received on the thread is from a certain @Ayoemrys as seen in the embedded screenshot below:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12846309_bdefc8c8cbf648848acd9cd2d68872bb_jpeg_jpeg512f12ba3df2e1addc6d05df83cdfc13

Following @Ayoemrys’ comment, another Nairalander (@Luckyheart) “Quoted” Edeyoung’s original post and inquired for the “Source” of his jibber-jabber.

Edeyoung replied [i.e. “Quoted”] @Luckyheart’s inquiry as shown in the embedded screenshot below:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12846310_cf48e67f7e7648b190079b92d8f360a4_jpeg_jpegd3d7453bc98afdf591371dfba76dc41a

After replying to @Luckyheart’s inquiry, Edeyoung was now set to also reply to @Ayoemrys’ comment. But something went awfully wrong this time around.

Yes, Edeyoung replied [i.e. “Quoted”] @Ayoemrys’ comment. In fact, in his reply to @Ayoemrys, he proudly identified with his own post while again naming the source of his inspirationjust as he had done in his earlier reply to @Luckyheart.

This time around however, he forgot that he had already logged out of his Edeyoung moniker, and that has now logged in with his alternative moniker namely gregyboy. See embedded image below:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12846311_0e67502a10ef4aa49614467a45cac766_jpeg_jpegfd3f442e0186f6e9dd6b5c7aba2e4b3f

Q.E.D.

Summary:
Having multiple accounts is no big deal, except if the intention is Ill, and if it arises out of inferiority complex as is the obvious case with @gregyboy AKA @Edeyoung.

Cheers!

Haha awon CIA leleyi o.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by samuk: 4:39pm On Dec 16, 2020
RedboneSmith:
As an aside: it's funny to watch Benin and Igala people (who are uncomfortable with being minorities in today's modern Nigeria) attempt to create a meta-ethnic group by laying claims to all of their neighbours who have traditions of migrating from Benin or Idah.

I've always said that oral traditions are the most ridiculous basis upon which to attempt to build an ethnic identity. The language that a people currently speak and the way they self-identify are the indices, not oral traditions.

An example: there are Isoko clans that claim in their traditions that their ancestors migrated from Igboland. Igbide is one of those communities. There are others I do not readily recall. Now imagine if Igbo people came online to lay claims to these communities today. Imagine the outrage, and cries of 'landgrabbers' that will ring everywhere. grin

Another example: Idumoka people in Esan migrated from Awka in Anambra State. No Igbo person I know is interested in dragging the Idumoka people of Esan into some Igbo meta-ethnicity. They are Esan, and that's that.

Only small small groups are interested in using oral traditions (which are non-verifiable, if I may add) to swell their numbers.

The Igala own is even more annoying, lol. I used to talk a lot about how my own community claims Igala origin. I actually believe there is some truth to this claim, but my people are not Igala anymore, and when I see clowns like Ayegba Abdullahi running around claiming my people belong to the Igala nation, my emotions vacillate between anger and amusement. I am Anioma and Igbo today, and that's that on that.

Onitsha and Ugwuta are Igbo, not Benin. All their political moves within modern Nigeria show where their ethnic loyalties lie. They are not interested in your Greater Edo. You know the people that are interested in that - - - the Ekpeye, the Ikwerre and related groups in the south-south, who are attempting to wash away the 'taint' on Igboness by clinging to Benin. You can have them. Just leave the southeast out of it. Also leave those of us in parts of Anioma who are not interested out of it. Tenkiu.

You are writing like someone turned your head upside down and turned you inside out, you continue to use the word dumb when you are actually the dumb one here.

When did Oguta or anyone else claiming Benin ancestry mean Benin is the one trying to expand into Igbo land?

Instead of you to take up the issues with your fellow Igbos laying claim to Benin, you are here lashing out at Benin for simply acknowledging them due to your own inferiority complex.

It's not Benin claiming any part of Igbo land or people, it's the other way round, stupid.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by RedboneSmith(m): 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2020
samuk:

You are writing like someone turned your head upside down and turned you inside out, you continue to use the word dumb when you are actually the dumb one here.

When did Oguta or anyone else claiming Benin ancestry mean Benin is the one trying to expand into Igbo land?

Instead of you to take up the issues with your fellow Igbos laying claim to Benin, you are here lashing out at Benin for simply acknowledging them due to your own inferiority complex.

It's not Benin claiming any part of Igbo land or people, it's the other way round, stupid.

Like I said when you first quoted me on this thread, silu gi nsi nsi si ebe a pua.

4 Likes

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by RedboneSmith(m): 6:17pm On Dec 16, 2020
Ofunwa111:

You have added Ihiala ? cheesy cheesy . One can see inferiority and fear every time you write. This is what Igbo has done to you !!!

Obosi, too. Lol. In the early history of Obosi, Onitsha was trying to extend its hegemony to Obosi. They fought a number of wars, and Obosi emerged from all of them as an independent community, but they were influenced by Onitsha, which is why their earliest king is named Shime after Ezechime. It is this indirect influence via Onitsha that this retarded expansionist is now trying to reinterpret as Obosi claiming Bini origin.

3 Likes

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by samuk: 6:38pm On Dec 16, 2020
RedboneSmith:

Like I said when you first quoted me on this thread, silu gi nsi nsi si ebe a pua.

The fact you feel offended by your fellow Igbos laying claim to Benin shows your level of inferiority complex.

I get it, your ancestors moved down to Anioma in Delta state from the east and you have been trying to claim Anioma as part of Igbo and Biafra land only for you to start reading and hearing some core easterners are claiming Benin ancestry.

It's your people claiming Benin, not the other way round and there is nothing you can do about it, if you like cry from now till eternity.

1 Like

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Edeyoung: 7:17pm On Dec 16, 2020
LegendHero:

Haha awon CIA leleyi o.

You guys are beginning crawling from your hole, to award honors

Awon monitoring spirit

Nonsense
Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Ofunwa111: 7:27pm On Dec 16, 2020
RedboneSmith:

Obosi, too. Lol. In the early history of Obosi, Onitsha was trying to extend its hegemony to Obosi. They fought a number of wars, and Obosi emerged from all of them as an independent community, but they were influenced by Onitsha, which is why their earliest king is named Shime after Ezechime. It is this indirect influence via Onitsha that this retarded expansionist is now trying to reinterpret as Obosi claiming Bini origin.

Lol cheesy , I saw Obosi, but it was Ihiala that caught my attention. Forget Samuk, it's very obvious that one of his wishful thoughts is to become Igbo, but it saddens him that he can never be. Somebody that said Eze Chima's mother was Igbo, hence his name. cheesy cheesy . Nna hapugodu that boy, he's not worth arguing with.

By the way he acted like he didn't see this;

PS: Why do you people keep on bringing up Zik's autobiography written in the 1970s, but when I bring up a historical essay that the same Zik wrote earlier in the 1930s which appears to contradict what he wrote in the '70s, you people keep mute or ignore. I thought you were a great proponent of the theory that earlier documents are always more authentic than later ones?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by TAO11(f): 7:28pm On Dec 16, 2020
And in case someone is wondering why he was exposed, or whether or not he really does pretend to be different persons; then see the attached amongst other such clownish instances. grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by gregyboy(m): 7:49pm On Dec 16, 2020
TAO11:
In case someone is wondering why he was exposed, or whether or not he really does pretend to be different persons; then see the attached amongst other such clownish instances. grin

You really pissing me off bro
Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 16, 2020
RedboneSmith:

Lol..

Easy..
Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 16, 2020
RedboneSmith:

Finally, I am humbled.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by RedboneSmith(m): 11:22pm On Dec 16, 2020
Ofunwa111:

By the way he acted like he didn't see this;

They all act like they don't see it. All of them that I have engaged. They will just troway face when you mention Zik's 1930s paper. Only to come back tomorrow and continue to argue with the autobiography from the 1970s.

5 Likes

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by RedboneSmith(m): 11:23pm On Dec 16, 2020
samuk:

[s]The fact you feel offended by your fellow Igbos laying claim to Benin shows your level of inferiority complex.

I get it, your ancestors moved down to Anioma in Delta state from the east and you have been trying to claim Anioma as part of Igbo and Biafra land only for you to start reading and hearing some core easterners are claiming Benin ancestry.

It's your people claiming Benin, not the other way round and there is nothing you can do about it, if you like cry from now till eternity.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Etrusen(m): 6:23am On Dec 17, 2020
RedboneSmith:

They all act like they don't see it. All of them that I have engaged. They will just troway face when you mention Zik's 1930s paper. Only to come back tomorrow and continue to argue with the autobiography from the 1970s.

is it zik that says oguta people are from Benin ?

or is it Benins that says oguta are their people?

please what is your argument
Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by samuk: 8:11am On Dec 17, 2020
Etrusen:

These guys lack common sense.

Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe who's a native of Onitsha wrote about his Onitsha people migration from Benin, some nonentities who are not from Onitsha are upset with Benin for sharing it.

The people of Oguta in Imo state did a BBC documentary in Igbo language and told the entire world they migrated from Benin, one lowlife suffering from inferiority complex and not from Oguta is upset with the Benins for sharing it.

The Ikwerre of Rivers state lead by their number citizen, governor Wike made a broadcast to the world that they are not Igbo but people of Benin heritage, some Igbos are upset with the Benins.

There are people from all directions east, west, south and north of Benin that claim to have migrated from Benin for various reasons in the past.

It's not our fault that our ancestors built a great empire/kingdom that people are still identifying with over 100 years since it came to an end.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Obalatule: 8:12am On Dec 17, 2020
Etrusen:

Face your 20 Bini population, stop making a fool of yourself

4 Likes

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by RedboneSmith(m): 8:34am On Dec 17, 2020
Etrusen:

There's something patently frustrating about you people's inability to follow an argument. Zik was never mentioned by me in the context of Oguta's traditions of origin.

Take an IQ test, all of you. And stop wasting my time.

See how I came in here to have a good laugh at TAO's detective skills, and the resident idiots managed to drag me into an utterly wasted round of lectures they lack the intellectual muscle to follow.

3 Likes

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by samuk: 8:46am On Dec 17, 2020
Ofunwa111:

Nnamdi Azikiwe: My Genealogy and Nativity

"Thus, in tracing my paternal lineage, I could say that both parents of my father are direct descendants of Eze Chima. As for me, I can trace my paternal ancestry in this wise: I am the first son of Chukwuemeka, who was the third child and first son of Azikiwe, who was the second son of Molokwu, who was the third son of Ozomaocha, who was the second son of Inosi Onira, who was the fourth son of Dei, the second son of Eze Chima, the founder of Onitsha." SOURCE - Nnamdi A zikiwe: My Odyssey, Chapter I (Spectrum Books, 1970) "My Genealogy and Nativity" p4 "I can trace my maternal ancestry thus: I am the first son of Nwanonaku Rachel Chinwe Ogbenyeanu (Aghadiuno)Azikiwe, who was third daughter of Aghadiuno Ajie, the fifth son of Onowu Agbani, first daughter of Obi Udokwu, the son who descended from five Kings of Onitsha. Five of these rulers of Onitsha were direct lineal descendants of Eze Chima, who led his warrior adventurers when they left Benin to establish the Onitsha city state in about 1748 AD." SOURCE - Nnamdi Azikiwe: My Odyssey, Chapter I (Spectrum Books, 1970) "My Genealogy and Nativity" p5 "One day I asked her (grandmother) the meaning of the word 'Onitsha'. She explained that it had historical significance. The terminology meant one who despised another. It is a contraction of two words, Onini to despise, and Ncha meaning others. So that the two words when joined together mean one who despises others. Then I asked her why we despised others. She patted me on the back and told me that it was due to our aristocratic background and tradition. I insisted that she should explain to me the basis of this supercilious social attitude. She told me that we despised others because we descended from the Royal House of Benin and so regarded ourselves as the superiors of other tribes who had no royal blood in their veins....." "I continued to belabor my grandmother to tell me more of the history and origins of the Onitsha people. She narrated that many many years ago, there lived at Idu (Benin) a great Oba who had many children. Due to a power struggle regarding the right of precedence among princes of the blood and other altercations, there was a civil war in Benin. One day, the supporters of one of the princes insulted and assaulted Queen Asije, the mother of of the Oba of Benin, who was accused of having trespassed on their farmland. Enraged at this evidence of indiscipline and lawlessness, the Oba ordered his war chief and brother, Gbunwala Asije to apprehend and punish the insurgents. In the attempt to penalise them, Chima, the ultimate founder of the Onitsha city-state, a prince of the blood in his own right, led the recalcitrants against his Uncle, Gbunwala[b]. This intensified the civil war which rent the kingdom of Benin in two and led to the founding of Onitsha Ado N'Idu[/b]....... ..." "As the great trek from Benin progressed, some did not have the stout heart of the pioneer-warrior, and decided to settle at different places, known today as Onitsha -Ugbo, Onitsha-Olona, Onitsha-Mili, Obior, Issele Ukwu, Ossomari, Aboh, etc..." SOURCE - Nnamdi Azikiwe: My Odyssey, Chapter I (Spectrum Books, 1970) "My Genealogy and Nativity"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Etrusen(m): 9:09am On Dec 17, 2020
Obalatule:
Face your 20 Bini population, stop making a fool of yourself

Oga answer simple question

who said oguta is from Benin?

is it Benin people or zik?

don't make a fool of yourself
Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Etrusen(m): 9:14am On Dec 17, 2020
RedboneSmith:

There's something patently frustrating about you people's inability to follow an argument. Zik was never mentioned by me in the context of Oguta's traditions of origin.

Take an IQ test, all of you. And stop wasting my time.

See how I came in here to have a good laugh at TAO's detective skills, and the resident idiots managed to drag me into an utterly wasted round of lectures they lack the intellectual muscle to follow.

I don't have any problem with how you got here

the thread is about oguta

the people said they are from Benin just like ikwerre

do you have a problem with me trying to help them in their historical announcement of where the came from

1 Like

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Obalatule: 9:24am On Dec 17, 2020
Etrusen:

Oga answer simple question

who said oguta is from Benin?

is it Benin people or zik?

don't make a fool of yourself
Your inferiority complex didn't allow you to fully understand what the oral stories meant before you ran with it hoping to promote yourself from being a tribe of 20 people population grin

2 Likes

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Etrusen(m): 9:24am On Dec 17, 2020
samuk:

These guys lack common sense.

Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe who's a native of Onitsha wrote about his Onitsha people migration from Benin, some nonentities who are not from Onitsha are upset with Benin for sharing it.

The people of Oguta in Imo state did a BBC documentary in Igbo language and told the entire world they migrated from Benin, one lowlife suffering from inferiority complex and not from Oguta is upset with the Benins for sharing it.

The Ikwerre of Rivers state lead by their number citizen, governor Wike made a broadcast to the world that they are not Igbo but people of Benin heritage, some Igbos are upset with the Benins.

There are people from all directions east, west, south and north of Benin that claim to have migrated from Benin for various reasons in the past.

It's not our fault that our ancestors built a great empire/kingdom that people are still identifying with over 100 years since it came to an end.

I think they always become more upset when they see we the benins accepting our brothers who claim on their own that they are from Benin

no body force anybody to accept Benin ancestry but people willingly accept it because they know their history meanwhile some personally non_related concern individual keep on crying for the decision a group made in regard to themselves.

if you ask them to provide any account that historically link oguta to another origin, it become a problem.

I don't know the argument of the non_ oguta people here

1 Like

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Etrusen(m): 9:26am On Dec 17, 2020
Obalatule:
Your inferiority complex didn't allow you to fully understand what the oral stories meant before you ran with it hoping to promote yourself from being a tribe of 20 people population grin

are you from oguta ?
Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Obalatule: 9:29am On Dec 17, 2020
Etrusen:

I don't have any problem with how you got here

the thread is about oguta

the people said they are from Benin just like ikwerre

do you have a problem with me trying to help them in their historical announcement of where the came from
it's known that some stock of Igbos were resident in Bini during it's thriving years, why does it give you strong orgasms to hear some Igbos say they left from bini according to their recent oral history? grin grin

Do you know who the "igbanke" people are?

1 Like

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Obalatule: 9:29am On Dec 17, 2020
Etrusen:

are you from oguta ?
Are you?
Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Etrusen(m): 9:42am On Dec 17, 2020
Obalatule:
it's known that some stock of Igbos were resident in Bini during it's thriving years, why does it give you strong orgasms to hear some Igbos say they left from bini according to their recent oral history? grin grin

Do you know who the "igbanke" people are?

you arguing what BBC did even in Igbo language

I think your argument should be directed to your Igbos who are claiming Benin ancestry

I nor get your time

at the initial stage when I created the thread, I didn't add any link or writeup because I wanted to view people's reaction and it was funny seeing someone falling for it and when I brought a link done even in Igbo language he ran

I can bring lots of writeup that link them to Benin

but funny enough your name is afonjanise which make me wonder what am doing with an Afonja bloodline.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30)

Nigerian Hookers Invade Denmark Offering Better Deals / Phenotype Guess Game / Northern Kenya | Culture And People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.