Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Best YA Novels With Funny Characters - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Best YA Novels With Funny Characters (306 Views)

Five Novels By Nigerian Authors You Should Read / Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. / Nora Robert, Dan Brown, John Grisham, Novels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best YA Novels With Funny Characters by sosa993: 2:18pm On Dec 07, 2020
Best YA Novels with Funny Characters

Have you ever stumbled on any hilarious YA book with funny characters? Yes, I bet you already know how much impact funny YA characters have made in our favorite YA novels.

Many of them have made us laugh, giggle in public spaces, and we've become fan-girls or fan-boys. Usually, I don't set out to find humorous novels for tweens or tweens novels filled with funny characters but I just happen to be lucky.

Related: http://www.dwm.com.ng/2020/12/YA%20debut%20.html 11 YA Novels to Add to Your TBR 2021

Besides, I think I've read too many sad novels and these ones lightened my mood.

Anyway, if you've not read these YA laugh out loud books with these hilarious characters, don't worry I've got 8 novels on this list and I think you should keep reading.

Best YA novels with funny characters

Percy Jackson from the Percy Jackson series

If you've been following my blog, you'd know how much I love Percy Jackson. If you've read this book, you'd know why.

Percy Jackson is a funny character I swear on River Styx. Lol. He has a funny way of dissing monsters, making snarky remarks about their looks, and getting his girlfriend, Annabeth to blush.

Unlike his serious girlfriend or several other characters in this book, he knows his way around words, he's good at easing tension in a room even if he does it sarcastically, it still works!

You have to read Percy Jackson if you've never read it and I promise you, Percy will make you obsessed with Greek gods.

Leo Valdez from The heroes of Olympus

Ha! This guy is funny as hell. If you are a full-on fan of the Percy Jackson series then you must have heard about the heroes of Olympus. These heroes include Hazel, Leo, Percy, Jason, Annabeth, Piper, Frank, and Nico. They set out in this uhm… (should I call this series a sequel?) series to stop the evil earth mother from rising.

Get this, if Gaea rises then monsters will consume the whole world and she'll reign forever but these heroes aren't having any of these and they'll do anything to stop her.

Leo is funny! He knows what to say to make people smile even when they are going through it. Like Percy, he sure knows how to give things nicknames or make fun of monsters. But the difference between the two is that Leo is plainly funny and he hardly makes snarky remarks.

Kitty from To all the boys I've loved before
Okay, this one is a story about a girl named Lara-jean who wrote a series of love letters to boys she used to crush on. But things spiral out of control when those letters got to the hands of her crushes.

She's forced to face the situation while navigating high school and life at home with her little sister Kitty. Kitty is adorable and she knows the right retort to her sister.

Related: http://www.dwm.com.ng/2020/12/quiz-think-you-know-grinch-so-well.htmlPlay this Grinch quiz if you think you know him so well

Alaska from Looking for Alaska
Alaska is not extremely funny but one of my favorite things about her is her ability to prank people creatively… Like that girl is on fire!

Plus the first time she met Miles (in the movie) she did something really shocking �. I'll have to let you read or watch the TVshow.

Harriet Manners from the Greek girl series
This story follows a teenage geek turned fashion model. She's awkward in a funny way that would make you like her. When she's not ruining things thanks to her awkwardness, she's hiding beneath the table to avoid the boys she's crushing on. And oh, she's funny as hell.

Royals

This book in general is funny. Picture a boyfriend singing a terrible love song he wrote to his girlfriend in a parking lot, a sister engaged to the prince of Scotland, and a band of Scottish boys known to be royal wreckers. Sounds funny and quirky, right?

Angus, Thongs and full frontal snogging
This is one of the most classic funny YA books with funny YA characters. Georgia tries to navigate through life but it's hard when you have a large cat who wants to eat the poodle next door or when you mistakenly shave off one of your brows. Lmao.

Related: [url=http://www.dwm.com.ng/2020/12/quiz-think-you-know-grinch-so-well.html ]Play this Grinch quiz if you think you know him so well[ /url].

Ron Weasely from Harry Potter

Ron might not be extremely funny but don't you just love his awkwardness? Lol. This dude always has some minor accident that makes him vomit slugs, wearing freaking old dress robes to the Yule ball, or blow up things. Ugh! That boy is always in a mess and it's funny to read about him.

Now that you have a list of the best funny characters in YA novels, I bet you can't wait to read them. Well, I'm about to go back to reading The heroes of Olympus!

What is your favorite funny character in YA novels? Share in the comment below.

(1) (Reply)

What Do Your Write? What Kind Of Works Do You Deliver? Let's Share / Make N1500 Within 24 Hours Writing. / Copy Writers Needed Asap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.