Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,545 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Austria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Austria (867 Views)

Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! / General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) / Ogbonnaya Kanu: First Nigerian Biker To Ride From Lagos, Nigeria To Austria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Austria by Maureenho(f): 1:43am On Dec 08, 2020
My name is Maureen and I join Nairaland Community through a friend recommendation. I recently got admitted in a Masters course at the University of Vienna, Austria. I am stuck with some requirements that I need an urgent response from people already in Austria or those with wide knowledge about how things work over there. I have gotten almost all the requirements except Evidence of accommodation and health insurance. Most of the accommodation I have seen online are way too costly to pay for and taking the fact that Vienna is a big and costly city as I was informed on researches I have made. Can I book for accommodation in another city I got admitted? Does anyone know the best way to go about the prove of Accommodation? Does anyone know the cheapest accommodation( Dormitory, shared apartments, hotels etc) i can pay for? I got travel insurance already and I don't know if i must get Health insurance before travelling or when I have arrived at Austria? Is AXe Sheghen Insurance company good company to use for my insurance or is there anyone i can use. I am not in Nigeria at present and I reside in Singapore. Please I need some clarifications from your wonderful inputs.
Re: Austria by Nicoswit(m): 7:24am On Dec 08, 2020
For the accomodation...search for international students in austria group on facebook...you should be able to see someone looking for flatmate there....Beware of scams
Re: Austria by Maureenho(f): 6:38pm On Dec 08, 2020
Nicoswit:
For the accomodation...search for international students in austria group on facebook...you should be able to see someone looking for flatmate there....Beware of scams

Thanks brother for your input. Please, could you send any Facebook link you know. I have done that but I came up with no result
Re: Austria by Nicoswit(m): 7:19pm On Dec 08, 2020
Maureenho:

Thanks brother for your input. Please, could you send any Facebook link you know. I have done that but I came up with no result
I dont have any

1 Like

Re: Austria by Joohan: 11:03pm On Jan 06, 2021
Maureenho:

Hi, Maureen.
Can I inbox you? It's related to VT not Austria though.
Re: Austria by aurorae1: 7:21am On Jan 07, 2021
I can't answer most of your questions as I don't live in Austria, but I'll advise to check Quora and drop questions to people's inboxes they answer pretty concisely.
While getting answers, also keep us informed on your visa processes, you may also have other info, like getting admission, paying fees etc.
This could be of help for Nigerians/Africans going to Austria.
Thank you and Good luck in all your endeavors.

1 Like

Re: Austria by aurorae1: 7:41am On Jan 26, 2021
Maureenho:
My name is Maureen and I join Nairaland Community through a friend recommendation. I recently got admitted in a Masters course at the University of Vienna, Austria. I am stuck with some requirements that I need an urgent response from people already in Austria or those with wide knowledge about how things work over there. I have gotten almost all the requirements except Evidence of accommodation and health insurance. Most of the accommodation I have seen online are way too costly to pay for and taking the fact that Vienna is a big and costly city as I was informed on researches I have made. Can I book for accommodation in another city I got admitted? Does anyone know the best way to go about the prove of Accommodation? Does anyone know the cheapest accommodation( Dormitory, shared apartments, hotels etc) i can pay for? I got travel insurance already and I don't know if i must get Health insurance before travelling or when I have arrived at Austria? Is AXe Sheghen Insurance company good company to use for my insurance or is there anyone i can use. I am not in Nigeria at present and I reside in Singapore. Please I need some clarifications from your wonderful inputs.

Hello Maureenho. Were you able to solve your accomodation and insurance issues? I am applying to the University of Vienna this year... Do you mind if I send an email? Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Can 4.5million Relocate Me To The Netherlands / Why Is No One Talking About The Arrival Section Of The MMA Lagos / Uk Visa Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.