Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,288 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React (13540 Views)

Bye-Election: Enugu PDP Hails INEC, Security Agencies On Transparent Election / Thousands Of Enugu Youths Continue #endsars Protests / INEC Declares PDP Winner Of ALL Elections In Zamfara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by OEPHIUS(m): 6:37am On Dec 08, 2020
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), on Sunday, declared Mrs Amaka Ugwueze, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), winner of Isi-Uzo State Constituency By-Election in Enugu State.

Declaring the results at Isi-Uzo council headquarters in Ikem, INEC Collation Officer for the By-Election, Mr Chukwuemeka Nwachukwu, said that Ugwueze polled 11,041 votes to defeat her close rival, Mr Ejiofor Okwor, candidate of All Progressives Congress (APC), who polled 2,293 votes.

Nwachukwu said that the rest of the other seven political parties that contested in the by-election scored less than 70 votes each.

The Isi-Uzo Constituency By-Election took place on Saturday, Dec. 5, in the 11 political wards within Isi-Uzo Local Government Area of Enugu State.

He noted that the by-election had 13,597 total valid votes and 391 rejected votes, while a total of 13,988 votes were cast.

“From the result announced and displayed herein, it is clear that the candidate of the PDP scored the highest valid vote cast.

“By the power conferred on me, I hereby announce that the PDP candidate is hereby duly elected,’’ he said.

Reacting, Dr Emeka Ononamadu, INEC’s Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) in Enugu State, thanked the electorates and the entire people of Isi-Uzo council area for conducting themselves very peacefully during and after the by-election.

“I appreciate our INEC staff, security men, stakeholders and especially the good people of Isi-Uzo for ensuring that this by-election was hitch-free,’’ Ononamadu said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that INEC conducted the by-election in the State Constituency following the death of the member representing the constituency, Mr Chijioke Ugwueze.

Ugwueze died earlier in 2020.

The late lawmaker’s wife, Mrs Amaka Ugwueze, is the Peoples Democratic Party Candidate and the fourth female legislator in the state assembly.

A total of 69,626 registered voters in Isi-Uzo LGA collected their voter cards before the by-election. (NAN)
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/inec-declares-mrs-ugwueze-of-pdp-winner-of-enugu-by-election/

Isi-Uzo Constituency #Bye-election:

#Enugu #PDP Youth group celebrates Party's victory

...Congratulates the State Leader of PDP, Governor Ifeanyi #Ugwuanyi, the House of Assembly Member-elect, Mrs. Catherine Amaka #Ugwueze, the PDP family in Isi-Uzo LGA and the entire Enugu State.

...Thanks Ndi Enugu

Enugu State is in the hands of God!

Watch video clip...
#amokelouis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHgZh25w-Ns
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1329051834105045&id=100010007227700

Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by Amspecial: 6:43am On Dec 08, 2020
grin
Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by ILoveDemMANNA: 6:43am On Dec 08, 2020
Shey na like dis , dis country go just dey rotate like bicycle tyre?
Same shit year in, year out.

Just the same 2 parties ruling for over 20 years now, with little or nothing to show for it.
Naija sensible youths, make una use una head for once now.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by Abboki: 6:43am On Dec 08, 2020
embarassed
Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by MickzyDonald: 6:44am On Dec 08, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by veekid(m): 6:44am On Dec 08, 2020
If i am going to be honest with you ,in my own humble opinion without being sentimental of course, without offending anyone who thinks differently from my own point of view,but also by looking into this matter in distinctive perspective ,i would like to say i have nothing to say

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by olaboy33(m): 6:45am On Dec 08, 2020
The south east needs to embrace the APC if they want the presidential ticket.

They truly deserve it, but I wouldn't blame Apc if they micro zone the ticket to the south west.
South south is already out of the equation.

Pdp does not really care about the south east, which will remain a stronghold for them, ticket or no ticket. While then give them the ticket.

Don't quote me biko, I don't reply quotes.

9 Likes

Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by ENGINEERG(m): 6:45am On Dec 08, 2020
Na family Business, husband died and wife take over , can they have same vision? Nigeria with backwardness

10 Likes

Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by bcomputer101: 6:45am On Dec 08, 2020
Hmmmm

Idealically, based on my Intellectual capacity and my vast knowledge, tactically and tentatively, right from the beginning of time especially in the light of Ecclesiastes evolution. I have come to a concrete, definite and profound conclusion that I actually don't have anything to say..... Thank You.
Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by Charlieluvboy(m): 6:46am On Dec 08, 2020
Whoa, congratulation Madam, hope you bring positive changes to your Constituency
Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by kalajina(m): 6:46am On Dec 08, 2020
use wife replace husband hope what killed your husband won't kill you.

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by jaytii(f): 6:46am On Dec 08, 2020
If this happened somewhere in the West, some group of people would have been crying "Tinubu has enslaved Lagosians".

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by Danny50: 6:47am On Dec 08, 2020
As calabar boy wey i be...
Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by Solidconceptz(m): 6:50am On Dec 08, 2020
Let's hope after 4 years this atmosphere of celebration is still upheld...
Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by ezechi24(m): 6:52am On Dec 08, 2020
veekid:
If i am going to be honest with you ,in my own humble opinion without being sentimental of course, without offending anyone who thinks differently from my own point of view,but also by looking into this matter in distinctive perspective ,i would like to say i have nothing to say

u are really a kid....

4 Likes

Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by Houseofglam7(f): 6:56am On Dec 08, 2020
cool
Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by kalu61(m): 6:58am On Dec 08, 2020
Who replaces the man to share the money he built the foundation for and pussy is the greatest winner grin

Such a pretty lady
Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by Bewiseedet(m): 6:59am On Dec 08, 2020
We all know some big men go knack her honey pot.

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by TheStranger: 7:07am On Dec 08, 2020
Ok o
Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 08, 2020
olaboy33:

They truly deserve it, but I wouldn't blame Apc if they micro zone the ticket to the south west.

Pdp does not really care about the south east, which will remain a stronghold for them, ticket or no ticket. While then give them the ticket.

Opinion that cannot be quoted or replied is not an opinion.
Opinion should be debated to know if it will pass the test mark
Note: I did not quote you I only wrote my words behind yours
Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by dongalaxy(m): 7:18am On Dec 08, 2020
That's my constituency, the clan / family politics PDP runs in Enugu is getting our of hands. I wonder where someone who is meant to represent the people was picked not for merit but to compensate the family for the loss of their son who ones represented without nothing good to show for it. Anyway, still rest in peace Aguiyi

3 Likes

Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by tutudesz: 7:19am On Dec 08, 2020
olaboy33:

Who told you South South is not interested in contesting undecided undecided Infact South South is more position to pick the PDP tickets, PDP is in control of SS and while SE has only 2 governor's

2 Likes

Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by mrugly: 7:39am On Dec 08, 2020
Just look at the margin. 11041 to 2293. The difference is clear. It even tripple the APC and you all are here clamouring for the APC presidential ticket and yet, you can't vote for the party.

Kwantinue to deceive yourself

5 Likes

Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by GavelSlam: 7:44am On Dec 08, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:

Just the same 2 parties ruling for over 20 years now, with little or nothing to show for it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with 2 parties dominating the political landscape.

What we need are patriotic Nigerians within and outside the political parties doing their best to make the society work.

3 Likes

Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by samwillyco1(m): 8:04am On Dec 08, 2020
Pussy at work, she has nothing to offer ndi Enugu but to get share of the national cake and get someone that will be servicing her.

Government student/political science student what is Bottom power

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by Mizfabulous18(f): 8:11am On Dec 08, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:

in the USA how many parties rule biko abi do u think Democrats nd Republicans are the only parties...politics same face everywhere it nt a Nigerian problem it worldwide instead of stressing over the parties stress over the candidates biko

2 Likes

Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by bash8936: 8:22am On Dec 08, 2020
If APC zone their presidential ticket to south east that’s the end of the party bcus the major voters of APC are the northerners and south westerners. You can’t give food to someone who despise and wants to kill you.

6 Likes

Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by 27Pushing30: 8:22am On Dec 08, 2020
When you compare the voter turn out in the southern and northern states you’ll laugh at those who think the north is not gonna decide who becomes the next Nigerian President

2 Likes

Re: INEC Declares PDP's Ugwueze Winner Of Isi-Uzo Bye-Election, Enugu Youths React by NaijaNaWaa: 8:43am On Dec 08, 2020
He's probably running for governor in 2023. Na so e dey start

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu And Hamzat Receive Certificates Of Return / Last-Minute Move To Avert Strike Fails, Labour Shuns FG Meeting / Imodecides: Emeka Ihedioha And Wife Casting Their Vote In Mbutu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.