Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,540 members, 7,955,008 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:19 PM

National Common Entrance Admission 2020 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Common Entrance Admission 2020 (299 Views)

Command Secondary Schools Admission 2020/2021 / How To Check National Common Entrance Examination (NCEE) Result 2019 [federal Un / National Common Entrance Examination [NCEE] Past Questions And Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Common Entrance Admission 2020 by adeloly(f): 2:01pm On Dec 08, 2020
A son who was placed on national merit
A son who pick Kings College as first and second choice was admitted to Federal Government in Kogi State

I was really surprised with this scenario, he was not even posted to any federal Government college in southwest
i quite understand they are trying to fill space for the northerners who has not really shown interest in education

how can a boy of 11years old travel from Lagos to Kogi State all in the name of Unity sch

Please i want to ask if there is any steps/process involve in changing the sch

Thank you
Re: National Common Entrance Admission 2020 by NL1960: 3:29pm On Dec 08, 2020
adeloly:
A son who was placed on national merit
A son who pick Kings College as first and second choice was admitted to Federal Government in Kogi State

I was really surprised with this scenario, he was not even posted to any federal Government college in southwest
i quite understand they are trying to fill space for the northerners who has not really shown interest in education

how can a boy of 11years old travel from Lagos to Kogi State all in the name of Unity sch

Please i want to ask if there is any steps/process involve in changing the sch

Thank you

Making the National merit does not mean that you will be admitted to KC automatically. If there are people that scored above your child from your state, those will get priority. Look at this national merit like the cut-off that qualifies somebody for post-UTME normally set by JAMB. Getting a national post-UTME score of 180 set by JAMB does not guarantee admission into your University of choice. You still have to go and battle others that score 180 and above.

The National merit cut-off is to ensure that if a child does not gain admission into his/her Unity school of first and second choice, the Ministry of Education will consider the child in any Unity school that has vacancies. The mistake you made was choosing KC as First and Second choices. If you had chosen FGC Odogbolu or FGC Ijanikin, the child would have been considered.

If a child cannot make KC with first choice, then forget KC as second choice. It is like somebody choosing Medicine in either UI, OAU, Unilag, Uniben as First and Second choices and then wonders why he/she is not given admission based on Second Choice.

There are competitive Unity schools just as there competitive Universities and courses.

So there is nothing to lament. It is the process.
Re: National Common Entrance Admission 2020 by adeloly(f): 12:07pm On Dec 09, 2020
please what is the process of changing the sch

Thanks
Re: National Common Entrance Admission 2020 by giftygirl1(f): 4:49pm On Dec 09, 2020
My child has the same issue. she was posted to FSTC OGUGU, I went to the school of Choice(FGC Enugu) and was told to calm down till the merit list(60%) is out. That I can get her admission through 30% or 10%. It may take "project money* as they call it.

(1) (Reply)

Why The Strike? We Have Kept Our Promises To ASUU – FG / Home Lesson For Children In Benin City / Valentine’s Day House Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.