Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee (8266 Views)

Osun Voters Mock APC: We Collected Their Money, But Voted For Adeleke (Video) / 2023: President Buhari In Close Door Meeting With Buni (Photos) / Aregbesola: Killers Have Joined APC, We Won't Relate With Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by Kwanza: 2:03pm On Dec 08, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday said the caretaker extraordinary convention planning committee of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) led by Governor Mai Buni had succeeded in bringing a new atmosphere of hope to the party.

He said this in his opening remarks at the ongoing meeting of the party’s National Executive Committee at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He said he was delighted that through the efforts of the 13-member committee set up on June 25, many party members who had earlier defected from the APC had returned while others have also declared for the party.

He said what was needed now was for party chiefs to display discipline and sustain the tempo.

The President remarked: ‘I have received periodic briefings from the caretaker extraordinary convention planning committee, as well as other leaders of the party.

‘I am convinced that in the last five months, since the appointment of the caretaker committee the initiatives are taken have brought a remarkably new atmosphere of hope in the party.

‘Healthy debates are now taking place and the potential for organs of the party to affirm majority positions as the decision of the party is now possible.

‘What is required now is for all of us as leaders of the party to maintain discipline and ensure that this new momentum is protected, sustained and the decisions of party organs are respected by every member.

‘Despite the challenge to restore peace in the party and the series of elections at hand, the fact that we have gained more members and that we are not losing members to the opposition under the present interim leadership indicates an improvement of the party.

‘In fact, we have begun to win back our members who left us and other notable political leaders are being attracted to our party.’

Mr Buhari, who acknowledged the defection of Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi, to the party, said the development confirmed that ‘we are indeed making progress as a party of choice for Nigerians, as we move towards the resolution of our leadership challenges.’

The President appealed to party members at all levels to make sacrifices that will move the party forward.

He added; ‘I want to appeal to all our party members and leaders at all levels, to try and make the required sacrifices so that we are able to collectively restore our progressive and democratic political party, which can nurture and give expression to our collective dream of building a strong, united and developed Nigeria.

‘May I use this opportunity to remind all of us of the need to recreate our negotiation secret of 2012, 2013 under our legacy parties. What guided our success to achieve the merger that produced the APC was the respect we were able to have for each other.

‘In those times, decisions reached at both formal and informal consultations were respected with trusted initiatives taken and believed that they were needed to produce the required political platform that could guarantee electoral victory.

‘Everyone of us as leaders ensured that those decisions were respected.

‘I have through consultations of the caretaker committee and other leaders of the party, agree that our challenges in the party require that we take steps to rebuild the party from wards to national levels.

‘The initiative to carry out membership registration revalidation is, therefore, a necessary, membership registration revalidation will lay the foundation for reorganizing our membership from ward to local government m, state and national levels.

‘The responsibility of our party’s NEC at this meeting is to adopt and dispassionately consider all proposals submitted by the caretaker committee and grant all the necessary approvals requested to rebuild the party.’

To this end, the President said he would l be moving some resolutions for consideration and approval at the meeting that has since gone into closed doors session.

‘I believe that as leaders, our shared vision is to ensure that we are able to produce leaders that will not inherit the problems that led to the decision to dissolve our last national working committee.

‘There should be no debate about the fact that we all want to have a United leadership for our party, the APC at all levels.

‘We need such leaders to be able to manage big challenges that always come with elections.

“Once again I welcome you to this meeting with the hope that we will move and defend the overriding interest of the party and our people,’ he concluded.

Buni, who presented to the NEC an abridged report and a few recommendations requiring approvals, said they have been able to reconcile warring factions.

He said: ‘Tempers within our party have substantially come down. Although the works of our various reconciliation committees are yet to be concluded. While progress is being recorded by our respective reconciliation committees, the task of reconciliation should be continuous, the NEC may, therefore, wish to review the development and direct accordingly.’

He also said most if not all court cases inherited from the last working committee have been terminated, which was part of the success of reconciliation efforts going on in the party.
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/we-now-have-new-atmosphere-of-hope-with-buni-committee-buhari-tells-apc-nec/

Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by godforus(m): 2:04pm On Dec 08, 2020
grin If Tinubu sponsors court proceedings, DSS and EFCC go pick em call grin

19 Likes

Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by KoleDgreat2020(m): 2:56pm On Dec 08, 2020
.. I believe the President is being misled by some selfish politicians..The coming days will be very eventful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by slawormiir: 3:15pm On Dec 08, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Party with no ideology..buhari the pussy ass niggarr

The only thing that gives me joy is the fact that oshiomhole and tinubus wings have been clipped
And for all those saying I was a pro buhari before...what now happened

Yes I was a pro buhari
But after that endsars protest
Because I was actually at the forefront of the protest in Benin city....
So after the whole thing I realized that buhari is a pussy ass niggarr

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 08, 2020
Good
Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by Fheelzz(m): 3:15pm On Dec 08, 2020
All of them na the same
Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by PureMe01: 3:16pm On Dec 08, 2020
H
Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by osuofia2(m): 3:16pm On Dec 08, 2020
CASTED, BUBU WHY. DO NOT FORGET THOSE LIKE TINUBU THAT MADE YOU
Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by yeyeboi(m): 3:16pm On Dec 08, 2020
Both Buni , APC and Buhari una days are numbered and soon una go feel the hit

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 08, 2020
Our president been misled is not a bad thing.
When we let an Oldman govern the entire country what do u expect
Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by datola: 3:17pm On Dec 08, 2020
How
Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by johnmartus(m): 3:17pm On Dec 08, 2020
Hell no we aren't really comfortable here with this new development ... president came from north chairman also from north.what kind of nonsense is that .
Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by wellmax(m): 3:17pm On Dec 08, 2020
God bless Muhammed Buhari
God bless APC
God bless Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by Jackson105: 3:17pm On Dec 08, 2020
godforus:
grin If Tinubu sponsors court proceedings, DSS and EFCC go pick em call grin

When will u people have sense?

U have been plottings Tinubu downfall since time memorial, yet the man keep getting stronger, just yesterday Emir of Kano visited him, get a life, Tinubu is not the one responsible for ur failures.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by iamyemiakins(m): 3:18pm On Dec 08, 2020
New atmosphere of looting and cluelessness
Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by Whitecoal711: 3:18pm On Dec 08, 2020
Indeed
Nigeria embrace yourselves for the coming stormy atmosphere,you are warned
Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by GRACEGLORY: 3:19pm On Dec 08, 2020
Mr. President. Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves. Don't tell us anything again... You've failed already.
Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by HonLord: 3:20pm On Dec 08, 2020
KoleDgreat2020:
.. I believe the President is being misled by some selfish politicians..The coming days will be very eventful

I want to really understand something here - IS THIS THE BUHARI WE PRESENTLY HAVE IN ASO ROCK?

This face does not look like the face LOOTING ALL THESE BILLIONS missing in the treasury. They keep posting the Pic of 2014 and only showing Image instead of video evidence.

I prefer the word "Presidency" instead of using Buhari who we never see again since 2017.

I hope no quarrel from Arrewa & wailing partners for this truth, cos in Nigeria, Truth IS A TABOO!!!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by KunleyY19(m): 3:21pm On Dec 08, 2020
Won't be surprised if the north retains APC party chairmanship.
Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by dele1727: 3:22pm On Dec 08, 2020
grin grin grin

What does recreating negotiation mean
Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by Donedeal1(m): 3:22pm On Dec 08, 2020
Major part of their mandate was to organize a congress to elect substantial office holders, so after six months they are not able to do this, so what criteria to judge performances?.
Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by WandaNara: 3:24pm On Dec 08, 2020
Very useless party of evil and heartless modafVckers

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by Arysexy(m): 3:26pm On Dec 08, 2020
Thieefnubuu and Oshiomothief are out of the way
.Sai Baba 4+4+4

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by Rhapsodia: 3:27pm On Dec 08, 2020
Okay grin

CPC has hijack the entire party structure cheesy cheesy

Government of the north, by the north and for the north....APC will still retain chairmanship till 2023...watch and see...

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 08, 2020
WandaNara:
Very useless party of evil and heartless modafVckers

I bet you never go through the post.

In another news, this is what Nigerian youths are doing to their fellow, in warri, in the name of being a thief. Is this not purely evil? Are they all the accusers clear of the guilt they accuse others of?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIiZZlRnCy5RfPt5m370bzeZrX2HXOZAoxh6a80/?igshid=ntfunz3hy1dz

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIiePsLnYbAcSdEr_InzPn_TVe4JyObhul0hB00/?igshid=13arxxzagfmmy
Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by aviara: 3:31pm On Dec 08, 2020
johnmartus:
Hell no we aren't really comfortable here with this new development ... president came from north chairman also from north.what kind of nonsense is that .

That's d nonsense the southwest brought upon d country because of their regional selfish interest. That's d nonsense that has been going on since 2015 where heads of all security outfits and agencies are headed by northerners.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by Racoon(m): 3:37pm On Dec 08, 2020
The CPC faction of the APC have simply entrenched itself for continue dominance with this move.The ACN and other factions are on a long thing.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by Liposure: 3:38pm On Dec 08, 2020
APC is walking on a tight rope even tho it keeps surviving every spell of doom
Re: Buhari To APC: We Now Have New Atmosphere Of Hope With Buni Committee by Ihatemumu: 3:45pm On Dec 08, 2020
KoleDgreat2020:
is he a kid? he is the fucking president of the largest black nation in the world

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Should Northern Candidates Be On The Ballot? / House Of Reps, Most Corrupt Arm Of Government – Jibrin / See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.