Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta (24425 Views)

APC Expels Omo-agege, Asks Police, DSS To Arrest Him / ANN "Expels" Former Chairman And Deputy, Ratify Alliance With People's Trust / APC Expels Pally Iriase, House Of Rep. Deputy Chief Whip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:45pm On Dec 08, 2020
senatordave1:

What is your issue with tinubu
Guy. I believe Tinubu should have had a more concrete arrangement with Buhari cabal especially with the treatment he got from them in the first term.
He just expected the status quo to remain as it was pre-2019 forgetting how easily he was shoved aside after 2015 elections.
He seemed to believe oyegun was his major problem in 2015-18 which was naivety I didn't expect someone of tinubu's status and experience to show.
Now, since oshiomole refused to play by the rules, he's been kicked out and a new chairman emerge, it's easy to see the post-2015 script being played again.
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by Banmeallday: 8:00pm On Dec 08, 2020
They say Buhari attended... yet no press interview lol.....

Who are they deceiving
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by senatordave1(m): 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Guy. I believe Tinubu should have had a more concrete arrangement with Buhari cabal especially with the treatment he got from them in the first term.
He just expected the status quo to remain as it was pre-2019 forgetting how easily he was shoved aside after 2015 elections.
He seemed to believe oyegun was his major problem in 2015-18 which was naivety I didn't expect someone of tinubu's status and experience to show.
Now, since oshiomole refused to play by the rules, he's been kicked out and a new chairman emerge, it's easy to see the post-2015 script being played again.

So how does the recent dissolution and tenure extension affect him negatively
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2020
senatordave1:

So how does the recent dissolution and tenure extension affect him negatively
You still dey ask?

Obviously most of those states which are not APC controlled have their SECs installed by Oshiomole. With the dissolution, a new battle begins for control of those 17 states. It's just like being back to square one.
Like I said, it doesn't mean he's dead and buried but right now the party machinery has been wrested from him.
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by Myhusband(m): 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

You have still not answered as to who solicited for your advice. You only went on an emotional tirade to belly your insanity.
Your incoherence like that of one suffering from a rabies-infested dog's bite is pitiable if one goes beyond the realm of it being laughable.
You're asking who Tinubu is before 2015 as if anyone in your entire generation can measure up to him in anyway. Let me help you since you're bereft of a recent history. He's one of those who helped install the present government in power. He's also generally regarded as the leader of SW politics.
So if you claim SW and north have political affiliation, you should be aware that Tinubu will be one of the bedrocks of that affiliation.
But I guess you're to slow to decipher that.
What am I saying self. Just check out how illogical your writing is.

Tinubu was relegated post election and he wasn't given any chance to even see president before his allies pacified to that sad scenario

unfortunately I can't be lecturing you blockhead about what's playing in Nigeria politics and for you to put your generation shows your harlot mama that open her Toto for your imbeciles father didn't do you good because they just breed another global imbeciles to the already imbeciles in your lineage

all hatred for Tinubu and SW cannot give southeast presidency, if you like leave Yoruba moniker and adopt Hausa moniker it won't still give you presidency if you keep hating on people that don't send you

you need to set your priority right, we are debating politics but you've to bring your foolishness to it, make I tell you, I'm not that civil and I no too gbadun

I go give you till you've a sad day, this one no dey look face
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 08, 2020
They will be calling him National leader upadan, him head to dey swell. When the true leaders of the party sit down in APC's meetings to make decisions, he is always no where to be found because there is no position in Apc known as "National leader"
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:00pm On Dec 08, 2020
Myhusband:

Tinubu was relegated post election and he wasn't given any chance to even see president before his allies pacified to that sad scenario

unfortunately I can't be lecturing you blockhead about what's playing in Nigeria politics and for you to put your generation shows your harlot mama that open her Toto for your imbeciles father didn't do you good because they just breed another global imbeciles to the already imbeciles in your lineage

all hatred for Tinubu and SW cannot give southeast presidency, if you like leave Yoruba moniker and adopt Hausa moniker it won't still give you presidency if you keep hating on people that don't send you

you need to set your priority right, we are debating politics but you've to bring your foolishness to it, make I tell you, I'm not that civil and I no too gbadun

Agbero Omo irankiran alainilaari.
Why won't you call your mother a whorē when she raised you on the street.
You're debating politics as if you have enough grey matter in your brain to understand anything beyond Baba tuale you do to get your bottle of ogogoro everyday.
You think turning politics of APC to tribal warfare makes you smart? Go back and see how poor your grammar and logic has been. Will Yoruba be proud to say this is the person debating on our behalf with the way you've consistently murdered English language and simple logic?
I suggest you go back to your mother if you can find her among the ijora shanties where you were bred and ask her for a proper training. It's never too late. Omo àbí f'obò jóná
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by Swagbag231(m): 11:12pm On Dec 08, 2020
Whiteshield:

1. Tinubu's 2 protégés who attended that meeting individually have higher positions than all Igbos in the entire country today.

2. One of Tinubu's boys who attended the meeting occupies a position higher than what any Igbo man has occupied for the last 40 years.

3. If you Igbos want to ever amount to anything politically, you must go and wash plates in Bourdillon. That is the first political lesson you political minorities must learn.
guy u no wise
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by Swagbag231(m): 11:17pm On Dec 08, 2020
Myhusband:

that's very unfair.
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by Whiteshield: 11:24pm On Dec 08, 2020
Swagbag231:
guy u no wise

Okoro, no dey talk like fool here.
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by senatordave1(m): 12:48am On Dec 09, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

You still dey ask?

Obviously most of those states which are not APC controlled have their SECs installed by Oshiomole. With the dissolution, a new battle begins for control of those 17 states. It's just like being back to square one.
Like I said, it doesn't mean he's dead and buried but right now the party machinery has been wrested from him.

Well,let's analyse those 16 pdp and apga states.in oyo,tinubu will obviously control the structure.in delta,the omo agege faction loyal to tinubu will take it.,akwa ibom,its 50 50.in edo,oshiomhole has it.in cross river,its 50 50...rivers amaechi will still take it.in bayelsa,sylva will still take it and he is more sympathetic to the tinubu camp than amechi camp....for ebonyi,umahi will obviously take it.I dont know his camp for now.in abia,ouk has it.he is a likely contestant so its not a lost for tinubu.in enugu,its 50 50.in anambra,ngige has it and he is anti tinubu.in imo,you know where hope stands..in adamawa,the sgf camp will take it and he is close to osibanjo.same for taraba.bauchi is complicated.in Benue,akume will go with tinubu.in sokoto,wamakko will go with tinubu.for zamfara,yari is anti tinubu.

So you see,tinubu will still have more states than any other person except the buhari camp.fayemi,el rufai,amaechi will hardly control up to 10 states...so assuming tinubu contests the primary in 2023 and buhari decides to remain neutral,tinubu will still win except buhari decides otherwise.he has more reach and spread nationally than the fayemi camp
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by itsene: 6:46am On Dec 09, 2020
Quick,quick!
Did you expel Obaseki when he was running from one court to the other?
It's foolish for some people to think they are now in control of APC.
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:28am On Dec 09, 2020
senatordave1:

Well,let's analyse those 16 pdp and apga states.in oyo,tinubu will obviously control the structure.in delta,the omo agege faction loyal to tinubu will take it.,akwa ibom,its 50 50.in edo,oshiomhole has it.in cross river,its 50 50...rivers amaechi will still take it.in bayelsa,sylva will still take it and he is more sympathetic to the tinubu camp than amechi camp....for ebonyi,umahi will obviously take it.I dont know his camp for now.in abia,ouk has it.he is a likely contestant so its not a lost for tinubu.in enugu,its 50 50.in anambra,ngige has it and he is anti tinubu.in imo,you know where hope stands..in adamawa,the sgf camp will take it and he is close to osibanjo.same for taraba.bauchi is complicated.in Benue,akume will go with tinubu.in sokoto,wamakko will go with tinubu.for zamfara,yari is anti tinubu.

So you see,tinubu will still have more states than any other person except the buhari camp.fayemi,el rufai,amaechi will hardly control up to 10 states...so assuming tinubu contests the primary in 2023 and buhari decides to remain neutral,tinubu will still win except buhari decides otherwise.he has more reach and spread nationally than the fayemi camp

I'm sure you're not that naive to actually think it's a straight fight between Tinubu and Fayemi.
Do you think if 2015 was a straight fight between Buhari and Jona, Buhari will really stand a chance? Politics is all about interest. All those individuals to mentioned can begin to align towards anti-Tinubu forces if they see a larger interest at play there and of course an opportunity to further their own fortunes.
An example is Saraki. He joined APC because he felt he could get more political mileage from it. The SP was supposed to be closed but he grabbed it. 2018 when he was not promised a return to that seat, he jumped ship.
My take is, Buhari wants to be in control by 2022. That's why he's dismantling the structures on ground. If anything, that simply reminds me of OBJ's tactics to wrestle PDP from atiku's grip before 2007. No strong man will willfully hand over power to another strong man.
If Buhari takes over the structure of the party as he wants to, the chances of Tinubu becoming candidate is very slim I can assure you.
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by FlamesD: 7:43am On Dec 09, 2020
“The tragedy of the North today is that the only industry left is politics, and politics alone, has never grown any society.”
---- Audu Ogbe on his visit with ACF to Zulum.
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by Nairae: 8:35am On Dec 09, 2020
Whiteshield:

But you that have no Lord have never amounted to anything in this Country. Ordinary Deputy Senate President, SS collected it from you losers. Abeg, no third class citizen should comment on national matters.

I don't understand the Yorubas!!!! Tinubu bank rolled APC, and betrayed SS to support Buhari, today Tinubu has been dumped by APC and rendered irrelevant, the Finance minister Tinubu nominated was dumped and replaced by Hausa, Oshimole the stooge of Tinubu met the same fate, the Yoruba VP Osinbanjo is nothing but a figure head.

South West is enslaved by the North. At least the Igbos have an agenda and has been singing that song since the civil war. What is the agenda of the Yoruba? Must you wear the tag of hypocrisy? Has South West not learnt anything from Endsars protest.

Not all critics of the South West are Igbos. Call me igbo if you like.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by Whiteshield: 8:51am On Dec 09, 2020
[s]
Nairae:

I don't understand the Yorubas!!!! Tinubu bank rolled APC, and betrayed SS to support Buhari, today Tinubu has been dumped by APC and rendered irrelevant, the Finance minister Tinubu nominated was dumped and replaced by Hausa, Oshimole the stooge of Tinubu met the same fate, the Yoruba VP Osinbanjo is nothing but a figure head.

South West is enslaved by the North. At least the Igbos have an agenda and has been singing that song since the civil war. What is the agenda of the Yoruba? Must you wear the tag of hypocrisy? Has South West not learnt anything from Endsars protest.

Not all critics of the South West are Igbos. Call me igbo if you like.
[/s]

Thinks like a pig, talks like a pig, it definitely is a pig. The day you political nonentities manage to produce a VP, let me know. The last one you produced was a Deputy to a Grade 2 Certificate Holder. Till then, you are beneath me and not worth anything.
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by Myhusband(m): 9:28am On Dec 09, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Agbero Omo irankiran alainilaari.
Why won't you call your mother a whorē when she raised you on the street.
You're debating politics as if you have enough grey matter in your brain to understand anything beyond Baba tuale you do to get your bottle of ogogoro everyday.
You think turning politics of APC to tribal warfare makes you smart? Go back and see how poor your grammar and logic has been. Will Yoruba be proud to say this is the person debating on our behalf with the way you've consistently murdered English language and simple logic?
I suggest you go back to your mother if you can find her among the ijora shanties where you were bred and ask her for a proper training. It's never too late. Omo àbí f'obò jóná

the useless English you know how to write no be Nairaland you dey exhibit am fooool like you

whether Yoruba are proud or not, I don't care, I just detest dumb blockhead like you debating politics

you nitwit won't stop disgracing your lineage here by calling your mother wh0re. imbeciles like you
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:44am On Dec 09, 2020
Myhusband:

the useless English you know how to write no be Nairaland you dey exhibit am fooool like you

whether Yoruba are proud or not, I don't care, I just detest dumb blockhead like you debating politics

you nitwit won't stop disgracing your lineage here by calling your mother wh0re. imbeciles like you
Shut your stupid mouth up!!

You lowlife animal.

Is there anything you've written that shows you having commonsense at all?

First you castigated SE for Tinubu. Then you claimed Tinubu is a nobody. See you now saying you don't care how Yoruba feels.

You're better off excoriating your brain and processed as dog food so that it can be useful for once.

I suspect you don't even know the woman who pushed you out to misery which is why you've chosen to hate all genuine abiyamos.
Eni tí o ní irú eni ò le mo iyì eni. Amúsúa afófungbému.
O ri jegbejegbe bi ìdí adie
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by senatordave1(m): 10:21am On Dec 09, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

I'm sure you're not that naive to actually think it's a straight fight between Tinubu and Fayemi.
Do you think if 2015 was a straight fight between Buhari and Jona, Buhari will really stand a chance? Politics is all about interest. All those individuals to mentioned can begin to align towards anti-Tinubu forces if they see a larger interest at play there and of course an opportunity to further their own fortunes.
An example is Saraki. He joined APC because he felt he could get more political mileage from it. The SP was supposed to be closed but he grabbed it. 2018 when he was not promised a return to that seat, he jumped ship.
My take is, Buhari wants to be in control by 2022. That's why he's dismantling the structures on ground. If anything, that simply reminds me of OBJ's tactics to wrestle PDP from atiku's grip before 2007. No strong man will willfully hand over power to another strong man.
If Buhari takes over the structure of the party as he wants to, the chances of Tinubu becoming candidate is very slim I can assure you.

That is what I am saying.except buhari wants to take over APC structure,the other camp cannot wrestle power from tinubu except buhari supports them.I have not seen any evidence to show that buhari wants to cut tinubu to size as you claim except its from the cabal.I never said its between fayemi and tinubu.I said fayemi group which includes el rufai,amechi,lalong,bagudu and a host of others.they cannot control apc except buhari supports them.

Moreover,tinubu controlling apc or not is not very important.the important thing is that power goes to the south in 2023
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:23am On Dec 09, 2020
senatordave1:

That is what I am saying.except buhari wants to take over APC structure,the other camp cannot wrestle power from tinubu except buhari supports them.I have not seen any evidence to show that buhari wants to cut tinubu to size as you claim except its from the cabal.I never said its between fayemi and tinubu.I said fayemi group which includes el rufai,amechi,lalong,bagudu and a host of others.they cannot control apc except buhari supports them.

Moreover,tinubu controlling apc or not is not very important.the important thing is that power goes to the south in 2023

True. Important thing should be that power moves south in 2023.
But the south should be careful lest the power becomes a Trojan horse. There are many southerners who are ready to cozy up to the north just to bear the title president.
The north has its agenda as can be seen with the Buhari regime. The south's agenda of restructuring/fiscal federalism/resource control is well known and articulated.
It's for the south to ensure that whoever emerges does not get bullied into dropping that agenda like GEJ did. It's time we have a truly southern president for the south, from the south.

That said, I expect you realize that the Fayemi/El-Rufai/Bagudu group if you count them have about 10 states as well. Besides, this whole caretaker committee is their agenda which Buhari has since bought into.
What remains to be seen is if Buhari's endgame is same as theirs or he's just borrowing their playbook to achieve his own aim. In any of these circumstances, Tinubu does not look to have the upper hand. That's why the dissolution of the state excos is really a back breaker for him.
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by senatordave1(m): 11:35am On Dec 09, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

True. Important thing should be that power moves south in 2023.
But the south should be careful lest the power becomes a Trojan horse. There are many southerners who are ready to cozy up to the north just to bear the title president.
The north has its agenda as can be seen with the Buhari regime. The south's agenda of restructuring/fiscal federalism/resource control is well known and articulated.
It's for the south to ensure that whoever emerges does not get bullied into dropping that agenda like GEJ did. It's time we have a truly southern president for the south, from the south.

That said, I expect you realize that the Fayemi/El-Rufai/Bagudu group if you count them have about 10 states as well. Besides, this whole caretaker committee is their agenda which Buhari has since bought into.
What remains to be seen is if Buhari's endgame is same as theirs or he's just borrowing their playbook to achieve his own aim. In any of these circumstances, Tinubu does not look to have the upper hand. That's why the dissolution of the state excos is really a back breaker for him.

Well,let's not underestimate tinubu.he survived under opposition so surviving under buhari won't be difficult.I dont think he will contest but am sure he will front someone at the last minute
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:40pm On Dec 09, 2020
senatordave1:

Well,let's not underestimate tinubu.he survived under opposition so surviving under buhari won't be difficult.I dont think he will contest but am sure he will front someone at the last minute
Let's not deceive ourselves. President by proxy does not work anywhere least of all a high sycophancy environment like Nigeria.
Tinubu "fronting" someone means he will loses. Nigeria is not Lagos state.
As you can see from events, all his eyes and hands in govt have been shutdown. Look at Femi and elrufai yesterday as the news reported. Femi couldn't muster a response when elrufai accused him of losing control of the House.
Power is too sweet to be held in trust. While it will cement his legacy as a consummate politician if someone from his political divide was to emerge, it will mean nothing tangible for his personal ambitions.
Ask Awolowo how it went down with SLA. Or OBJ with Yaradua. No one achieves a political dream through another. Maybe a legacy but surely not a dream.
The legacy could be good for the south. But it does nothing for him individually.
Also, surviving under Buhari if the man were to actively turn against him will return Baba back to the trenches in what will be a civil war and not external aggression like those of OBJ. I'm sure you'll realise allegiances and loyalties will be shaken for sure and casualties will emerge on both sides
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by senatordave1(m): 1:13pm On Dec 09, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Let's not deceive ourselves. President by proxy does not work anywhere least of all a high sycophancy environment like Nigeria.
Tinubu "fronting" someone means he will loses. Nigeria is not Lagos state.
As you can see from events, all his eyes and hands in govt have been shutdown. Look at Femi and elrufai yesterday as the news reported. Femi couldn't muster a response when elrufai accused him of losing control of the House.
Power is too sweet to be held in trust. While it will cement his legacy as a consummate politician if someone from his political divide was to emerge, it will mean nothing tangible for his personal ambitions.
Ask Awolowo how it went down with SLA. Or OBJ with Yaradua. No one achieves a political dream through another. Maybe a legacy but surely not a dream.
The legacy could be good for the south. But it does nothing for him individually.
Also, surviving under Buhari if the man were to actively turn against him will return Baba back to the trenches in what will be a civil war and not external aggression like those of OBJ. I'm sure you'll realise allegiances and loyalties will be shaken for sure and casualties will emerge on both sides

Dont get it wrong.politics is not all about achieving something personally.you can't win everything.you mustn contest every time,sometimes you become a godfather though it is risky but life is all about risks.that akintola and yaradua betrayed their masters doesn't mean osibanjo will betray tinubu.betraying is secondary,the major issue is installing someone.

I dont know what you mean by all his eyes in govt has been shut down,that is not true.there are a lot of tinubu loyalists in govt that we still dont know.his loyalists are not limited to the west..using el rufai attack on femi is ridiculous.has femi actually lost control of the house? Is el rufai in control of the security situation in kaduna? Between the two,who is more in control of his domain? Let us not allow our hatred for a particular person becloud our sense of objectivity.tinubu is very corrupt,bad, evil but even you know that he will manage nigeria better than the buhari or el rufai camp.
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by Myhusband(m): 2:41pm On Dec 09, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Shut your stupid mouth up!!

You lowlife animal.

Is there anything you've written that shows you having commonsense at all?

First you castigated SE for Tinubu. Then you claimed Tinubu is a nobody. See you now saying you don't care how Yoruba feels.

You're better off excoriating your brain and processed as dog food so that it can be useful for once.

I suspect you don't even know the woman who pushed you out to misery which is why you've chosen to hate all genuine abiyamos.
Eni tí o ní irú eni ò le mo iyì eni. Amúsúa afófungbému.
O ri jegbejegbe bi ìdí adie

werey ni eleyi o, I never castigated anyone for anyone m0ron, Tinubu ain't going to get my own vote as a Nigerian and the way southeast are hating on him won't give them their presidency

how is that castigating Tinubu that don't know if I exist against southeast?

fúck Tinubu
fúck Southeast
fúck your blockhead that can't comprehend simple sentence
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:08pm On Dec 09, 2020
senatordave1:

Dont get it wrong.politics is not all about achieving something personally.you can't win everything.you mustn contest every time,sometimes you become a godfather though it is risky but life is all about risks.that akintola and yaradua betrayed their masters doesn't mean osibanjo will betray tinubu.betraying is secondary,the major issue is installing someone.

I dont know what you mean by all his eyes in govt has been shut down,that is not true.there are a lot of tinubu loyalists in govt that we still dont know.his loyalists are not limited to the west..using el rufai attack on femi is ridiculous.has femi actually lost control of the house? Is el rufai in control of the security situation in kaduna? Between the two,who is more in control of his domain? Let us not allow our hatred for a particular person becloud our sense of objectivity.tinubu is very corrupt,bad, evil but even you know that he will manage nigeria better than the buhari or el rufai camp.
Come on now Dave. Don't reduce me to a hater. I believe we're having a political discourse as students of politics and analysts and not as haters or antagonists.
For the records, I do not hate Tinubu or any politician for that matter. I recognise though that we have a very selfish bunch of politicians who actually think their ambitions are worth more than the progress of the nation. But Tinubu alone is not guilty of this.
Back to the matter. The question is what tinubu's preference is. Like any politician, is to attain political power. Any other thing is secondary even godfatherism.
For example, if the post of governor was not term limited, do you think Tinubu would have relinquished that seat to "ascend" to the high office of godfather? A political office gives you guarantees. But with the"office" of godfather, nothing is guaranteed. Not even the next meeting. There are more casualties of godfatherism than there are beneficiaries. Which is why any godfather that wants to survive has to be ruthless like Tinubu is with his proteges.
The position of godfather is just like that of "national leader". It's loud and everywhere but not officially recognised. That's why I said ambitions trump legacy.
I'm sure you'll agree no one will install someone in government who he knows will come round to betray him. Installing is primary is like saying getting power for the sake of power.
Elrufai's security issues are governance matters not politics. I'm sure you'll agree with me Elrufai is solidly in charge of the politics of his state. As for Femi losing control of the House, that's elrufai's accusation not mine. I merely repeated it.
I agree with you though. Tinubu will do a fantastic job as president than either Buhari or Elrufai. The question is if Buhari and elrufai want him there.
Re: Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta by senatordave1(m): 9:14pm On Dec 09, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Come on now Dave. Don't reduce me to a hater. I believe we're having a political discourse as students of politics and analysts and not as haters or antagonists.
For the records, I do not hate Tinubu or any politician for that matter. I recognise though that we have a very selfish bunch of politicians who actually think their ambitions are worth more than the progress of the nation. But Tinubu alone is not guilty of this.
Back to the matter. The question is what tinubu's preference is. Like any politician, is to attain political power. Any other thing is secondary even godfatherism.
For example, if the post of governor was not term limited, do you think Tinubu would have relinquished that seat to "ascend" to the high office of godfather? A political office gives you guarantees. But with the"office" of godfather, nothing is guaranteed. Not even the next meeting. There are more casualties of godfatherism than there are beneficiaries. Which is why any godfather that wants to survive has to be ruthless like Tinubu is with his proteges.
The position of godfather is just like that of "national leader". It's loud and everywhere but not officially recognised. That's why I said ambitions trump legacy.
I'm sure you'll agree no one will install someone in government who he knows will come round to betray him. Installing is primary is like saying getting power for the sake of power.
Elrufai's security issues are governance matters not politics. I'm sure you'll agree with me Elrufai is solidly in charge of the politics of his state. As for Femi losing control of the House, that's elrufai's accusation not mine. I merely repeated it.
I agree with you though. Tinubu will do a fantastic job as president than either Buhari or Elrufai. The question is if Buhari and elrufai want him there.

Nice.I dey watch Madrid match

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Biggest Corruption Cases That Shook Nigeria In 2015(with Pics) / Ademola Adeleke Dances To Celebrate His Victory In Osun West Bye-Election. Video / President Muhammadu Buhari Celebrates His 75th Birthday, See Brief History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.