Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,768 members, 7,824,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors (24854 Views)

What Buhari Told Amaechi, Igbo Leaders About Nnamdi Kanu’s Release – Adesina / 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today / Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by oshozondii: 8:23pm On Dec 08, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari Tuesday in Abuja ended a meeting with 36 state governors on the issue of security with a charge to them to work more with traditional rulers and community members to improve local intelligence gathering that will aid the work of security agencies.

The President, who listened to presentations by a governor from each of the six geo-political zones on their specific security challenges, recalled that in the old order communities identified new comers and passed information to constituted authority.

“The sub-region is no longer safe, more so with the collapse of the former Libyan leader, Muammar Gaddafi’s regime and the cross border movement of weapons and criminals.

“Governors must work with traditional rulers. Try and work with traditional rulers to boost intelligence gathering.’’

Giving an overview of the security situation in each of the zones, the President said his administration had done well in the North East and South South, adding that the South South situation was still worrisome.

“Every day I get situation reports about illegal refineries and the blowing up of pipelines. You must stop local rogues from sabotaging oil installations.’’

Addressing the issue of banditry and kidnapping reported in each of the geo-political zones, President Buhari said “security is important and we must secure the whole country. We are thinking very hard on the issue of kidnapping. We will make it possible for the military to get to the bandits and kidnappers and eliminate them.’’

He explained that the closure of the nation’s land borders was partly an attempt to control the smuggling in of weapons and drugs.

“Now that the message has sunk in with our neighbours, we are looking into reopening the borders as soon as possible.’’

President Buhari gave assurances that the country’s military will continue to get the support they needed to fight criminals.

“I am not going to the public to speak about the vehicles and equipment we have ordered. What I can say is that the military received armoured cars and other equipment and they are training the trainers. More of such equipment, including military aircrafts will come in.’’

On the issues raised on ENDSARS protest and its hijack by hoodlums to cause mayhem and destroy private and public property, President Buhari sounded a strong warning about reoccurrence, saying that no responsible government will allow that to happen.

“We do not stop anyone from demonstrating, but you don’t set up roadblocks and smash windscreens. Which government will allow that?’’

President Buhari noted that the foreign press coverage of the ENDSARS violence was not balanced, citing specifically the CNN and BBC, for omitting the number of policemen killed, police stations that were razed, and the prisons that were thrown open for inmates to escape.

“I was disgusted by the coverage, which did not give attention to the policemen that were killed, the stations that were burnt, and prisons that were opened. (They said we are all at fault. We don’t have the sympathy of anyone. We are on our own).’’

President Buhari said violent demonstrations will no longer be allowed, adding: “democracy does not mean confusion or lack of accountability.’’

On the eight-month long strike by Academic Staff Union of Universities, the President said lecturers had not taken into consideration the larger challenges facing the country.

“Government conceded something. The problem is that they refused to look at the problem of the whole country. The Minister of Labour is working hard at it. It is amazing how ASUU will stay out of classrooms for so long. There’s a need for our elites to understand the challenges facing the country.’’
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/r-e-v-e-a-l-e-d-what-i-told-36-governors-today/amp/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by eliyke(m): 8:25pm On Dec 08, 2020
Naso,dere darling daddy don talk

12 Likes

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by truthfulparrot(m): 8:25pm On Dec 08, 2020
ok
Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by Echile(m): 8:26pm On Dec 08, 2020
undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by Freestainworld(m): 8:27pm On Dec 08, 2020
Let's end education in this country, so we can all rest.

9 Likes

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by teadrake(m): 8:42pm On Dec 08, 2020
Blame game as usual. Baba still blaming the death of Col. Gadaffi on the instability of Nigeria. Should we now go and beg Gaddafi to come and restore peace or what is really going on?

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by jlinkd78(m): 8:46pm On Dec 08, 2020
Noted
Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by basty: 8:48pm On Dec 08, 2020
Now I know we have mumu as.President.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by cosmatika(m): 9:12pm On Dec 08, 2020
I can bet my anal hairs that he told them nothing other than "I ashua (assure) you, we wudu pight insequriti by pighting qaruption".

Senile dullardic presidiot

115 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by Kokaine(m): 9:12pm On Dec 08, 2020
Mirror mirror on the wall
Who is the deadliest of them all
I ask you now
With tears in my eyes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by SoftP(m): 9:13pm On Dec 08, 2020
From all his speech | response , baba refused to own up to his defect;
He even claimed the North East is still a safe heaven,

9jarians are in for a long shut of breath,

With love from Santiago

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 08, 2020
Wetin he wan tell them wey pass...... "I am shocked blah blah"

Shock absorbing president cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by Racoon(m): 9:13pm On Dec 08, 2020
Gibberish again as usual.The lifeless president will not outline proactive measures by sacking his service chiefs, rejig the security architecture, lead the charge etc.

13 Likes

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 08, 2020
It is well. Only God can and will protect us all, Amen

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by big7: 9:14pm On Dec 08, 2020
Someone who still feel any need reading what a deadpuke has to say please summarize for us (Me) that has lost hope in listening or reading what a walking dead liar has to lie about again.

6 Likes

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by ednut1(m): 9:14pm On Dec 08, 2020
This mumu man and libya sha smh

8 Likes

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by dejonathan(f): 9:15pm On Dec 08, 2020
He told them abi he read it

9 Likes

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by Foolishbuhari: 9:18pm On Dec 08, 2020
Foolish fool

4 Likes

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by Fvckhypocrite(f): 9:19pm On Dec 08, 2020
cosmatika:
I can bet my anal hairs that he told them nothing other than "I ashua (assure) you, we wudu pight insequriti by pighting qaruption".

Senile dullardic presidiot

Madoo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by yeyeboi(m): 9:21pm On Dec 08, 2020
This is the dullard y’all fools voted for smh angry

This one has nothing to offer jor

6 Likes

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by Gwagone: 9:22pm On Dec 08, 2020
So boko-people no know say dem get meeting today abi angry

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by WandaNara: 9:23pm On Dec 08, 2020
Trash

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by Weedhustler: 9:24pm On Dec 08, 2020
This man na mumu ahswear...e no even make a point for d nonsense speech.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by sterlingD(m): 9:24pm On Dec 08, 2020
I give up

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by Gwagone: 9:24pm On Dec 08, 2020
dejonathan:
He told them abi he read it
No cast am nah

12 Likes

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by Weedhustler: 9:25pm On Dec 08, 2020
How can a president be talking like small pikin wet dey learn how to talk?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by dejonathan(f): 9:25pm On Dec 08, 2020
Gwagone:

No cast am nah
He don cast himself already

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by Victorclean1: 9:26pm On Dec 08, 2020
Am still shocked that a living president
can say such a thing without considering the citizens that died recently from Boko Haram.
So shameful of our Yoruba brothers who voted him against the destiny of their unborn children.

Nigeria would have gone far in development but Yoruba betrayal is Iike a virus.

God help us

God receive

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by HerMajestyCares(f): 9:26pm On Dec 08, 2020
Hmm
Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by illicit(m): 9:27pm On Dec 08, 2020
Balderdash as usual....

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors by Gwagone: 9:28pm On Dec 08, 2020
I no know how person go mumu reach wey he no go fit talk with him head, nah until baba look book angry

I dey vex Sha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Umahi Ask Judge To Withdraw His Motion For A Stay Of Execution / Former PDP Chairman, Makarfi, Loses Constituency To APC / Buhari Sacks Tor Ujah Nigerian Christian Pilgrim Commission Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.