Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,870 members, 7,817,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

5 Proven Reasons Why 90% Of Goal-setters Don’t Hit Their Goals - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Proven Reasons Why 90% Of Goal-setters Don’t Hit Their Goals (214 Views)

90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS / Discover The 3 Proven Reasons Why People Are Poor And Never Rich / Top 5 Proven Reasons Why Employers Rejects Your CV Without Reading It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Proven Reasons Why 90% Of Goal-setters Don’t Hit Their Goals by Rarity001(f): 8:58pm On Dec 08, 2020
By now, you know that goals are a vital part of the success equation.

Congratulations.

We are always advised by mentors, life coaches and the big guys to set our goals and to set them high. And many of us do this.

We not only set goals. We set them so freaking high.

The Multi-billion-dollar question is: Why Do 90% of Goal-setters never hit their goals?

If you read on, I’ll tell you why.

1. You Don’t Have Any Goals

People fail because they don’t know what they want to succeed at.

Let me engage your mind for 30 seconds.

Imagine a football field with two teams all in place. The whistle goes off and the players swing into action.

90 minutes later, they’re all sweaty and frustrated because well, nobody has scored, nobody has drawn, and it’s not because they don't have what it takes but because there is no goal post!

That can hardly be called a match.

Even those children in our neighborhoods don’t play soccer that way.

A major reason you are not hitting any goals is because you really do not have any goals.

Just before you raise a protest, what is your definition of a goal?

That will clear your doubt.

A goal is the ongoing pursuit of a worthy objective until accomplished.

Well, plenty English.

A goal is simply a desired result you will have when you have taken strategic steps towards it.

Simple.

You’ve heard of setting SMART goals, yes?

Thank God. I won’t have to go all over it again.

In case you really haven’t gotten the hang of it, go on and use Google.

I promise nobody will knowledge-shame you.

We’re all still trying to bring out the Einstein in us.

So, first thing, set a goal. A real goal. Not a wishlist or desire-slip, which brings me to the next point.

2. You Have a Wish, Not a Goal

Remember Aladdin and the magic lamp, where he just rubs the lamp and a generous genie pops out and grants him 3 wishes?

Sorry. This is real life.

Nothing you wish for will ever materialize until you make it happen.

Read that again.

The difference between a wish and a goal is that a wish depends on nobody; it’s not anybody’s responsibility.

It’s just a desire that you hope will happen.

Guess what darling? Hope is not a strategy.

HOPE IS NOT A STRATEGY!

On the other hand, a goal is absolutely your responsibility.

If it’s to be, it’s up to you.

Hey, I used to wonder what it felt like to make 6 figures and kept wishing I could also make 6 figures like other people.

My dear, nothing happened till I made it a goal. Remember what I said?

A goal has steps to bring it into reality. A goal without a deadline, a timeframe, and strategic (not anyhow) action steps is just a wish.

When I made it a goal this year, I joined the 6-figures geng in less than 24 days.

I remember well because it'd been quite a dream for me.

And you know how we move from glory to glory. Amen?

So, throw the wish list away and get your goals.

3. You Don’t Know How to “Get There”

Ok. Between you and your goals is the “How.”

The “How” involves the steps you need to get to your destination.

So, many people fall out of the category of the goal-less, and fall right into the category of the “Don’t-know-How’s.”

When you set a goal, you need to sit down and answer pertinent questions.

Some days ago, I sat in my room and wrote my financial goal for 2021.

Guess what I did next?

Nope.

I didn’t rush off to look for strategies.

I wrote on the paper: What Do I need to achieve these goal?

And that began a list of the things, people, events, and everything else I need to achieve that goal.

Now, because I had an idea of the “How,” I could begin to draw strategies to get to the “Where.”

This process is not always so easy and you may not get it done on the spot, (I did because I understood it thoroughly and took the time to introspect and cast my mind ahead) you might need to take some time, maybe days or hours and figure out what you need.

And that is totally Ok.

If you don’t know how to get to Lagos and you decide it’s wise to “sha just start,” the gods will not be to blame when you land in Sambisa.

So, research, ask questions, search inside, decide what it will take to get to your goals.

Remember, between you and your “Where” is the “How.”

Think of it like a bridge, then you will understand why you need it to cross over.

I was to show you 5 reasons why you don’t hit your goals, but my students are waiting for their teacher now and I have to run.

However, I will show you more than 5 reasons you don’t hit your goals and not just that.

I will show you how to set goals from the end. What I mean is, go to the date of the accomplishment of that goal and set it from there.

This is projecting into the future.

Relax. It’s not chants and mystics.

I do it. I’ll show ou how.

I’ll share with you daily goal-hittig strategies.

I’ll even show you how to baby-food your goals.

You know how you cut the bread into tiny pieces so the baby can eat it till it’s finished?

I’ll show you how to do that with your goals too.

Is that all?

Not even close, I wil give you videos, books, and materials to prepare you for 2021.

I'll share my secret Strategies with you and we'll set those goals together.

You will hit those goals.

How much is it?

Free!

Just click https:///KHnRoP2Z8csCgqCeXYkczP if you want to make 2021 really your year.

I’m off to teach.

See you here https:///KHnRoP2Z8csCgqCeXYkczP

Re: 5 Proven Reasons Why 90% Of Goal-setters Don’t Hit Their Goals by WoundedLamb: 9:15pm On Dec 08, 2020
6) Some of them don't edit their threads. These ones copy and past their contents on NL without bothering to take a second look at what they are dishing out to their readers. They end up not achieving their goal of attracting traffic to their sites/blogs.
Re: 5 Proven Reasons Why 90% Of Goal-setters Don’t Hit Their Goals by bigdammyj: 9:17pm On Dec 08, 2020
Noted

Thanks but read through next time before posting

(1) (Reply)

All Info About Unilag : Putme | Foundation | Dli | Postgraduate / . / The Plight Of Private School Teachers In Enugu State Continues Four Months After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.