Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant (13150 Views)

NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach / NFF Confirms Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles Head Coach, Finidi As Assistant / Could Ebere Eze Be Super Eagles Long Awaited Replacement For Jay Jay Okocha? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by robosky02(m): 12:05pm On Dec 09, 2020
Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant

Emmanuel Amuneke has rejected Nigeria Football Federation’s job offer as Super Eagles Assistant coach under Franco-German gaffer, Gernot Rohr, Completesports.com reports.

The FIFA U-17 World Cup winner in Chile 2015 was emphatic when he spoke to Complete Sports from his base in Spain, querying the rationale behind the offer for him to work under anyone despite his high coaching pedigree.

A Winner of the African Cup of Nations in 1994 and Olympic Games Soccer gold in 1996, Amuneke had previously rejected NFF’s Technical Director job which is now held by his former Super Eagles teammate, Austin Eguavoen.

The 1996 Africa Footballer of the Year is currently the Sporting Director of Egyptian Premier League side, Msr El Makkasa.

“But why should I be an assistant coach to anyone with my pedigree? With what I’ve done in the game, both as a player and as a coach, I think it is normal for me to be going higher than descending to working under another coach,” Amuneke queried rather rhetorically.

With hisses greeting Rohr’s epileptic performance with the Super Eagles in the three time African Champions’ disappointing 4-4 draw against Sierra Leone in Benin in an Africa Cup of Nations Group L qualifier and another scoreless draw with same team four days later in Freetown, Nigeria Football Federation has thus mounted the starting block in the race to bolster the Super Eagles squad ahead the next round of qualifiers next year March against Squirrels of Benin and Crocodiles of Lesotho.

“I don’t have any ambition or desire to work under any other coach either in Nigeria or elsewhere with my pedigree in the game,” the left footed winger who also played for Egyptian giants, Zamalek, during his illustrious career added.

“I did not apply to NFF to work as an assistant to Rohr and nobody, as at this moment, has approached me about the prospect of assisting Rohr in the Super Eagles.

Complete Sports would recall that Amuneke’s stoic disposition to working under Rohr could be a direct response to Rohr’s earlier refusal to work with him when the coach insisted on having Salisu Yusuf back in the team.

Yusuf is now the technical adviser of Enugu Rangers, a Nigeria Professional Football League, NPFL side.
https://www.completesports.com/amuneke-im-good-enough-to-be-super-eagles-head-coach-not-assistant/

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by robosky02(m): 12:12pm On Dec 09, 2020
Very good response

How can a Dr. Be made to assist an apprentice intern

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by GavelSlam: 12:13pm On Dec 09, 2020
I totally agree.

There's absolutely no reason for him to feel inferior to anyone.

His record speaks for itself.

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by helinues: 12:17pm On Dec 09, 2020
Only if the board are going to give him free hand to operate

2 Likes

Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by robosky02(m): 12:52pm On Dec 09, 2020
Amunike is the best coach available to Nigeria ...among whites and blacks

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by paulolee(m): 1:18pm On Dec 09, 2020
love his confidence...in life u gat blow ur trumpet urself if nobody gre reason u
life be like selfie if nobody gre snap u jus snap urself...
I believe dt amunike would surpass d stagnancy of rohr n nff would still endup oweing salaries..

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by robosky02(m): 1:29pm On Dec 09, 2020
paulolee:
love his confidence...in life u gat blow ur trumpet urself if nobody gre reason u
life be like selfie if nobody gre snap u jus snap urself...
I believe dt amunike would surpass d stagnancy of rohr n nff would still endup oweing salaries..

But this NFF will not contract a competent coach... Who knows his onions

They will always go with a stooge who will agree to take kick backs

If not why look for an assistant to pay... And add to Rohr. When you can take him out

And start a new era

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by Simplebeauty: 1:36pm On Dec 09, 2020
grin
grin

soro soke like Amuneke if you need cheap loans

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by osamz007: 1:36pm On Dec 09, 2020
SUPER EAGLES NEED OVERHAULING FROM HEAD 2 TAIL

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by 900warriorz: 1:37pm On Dec 09, 2020
smiley smiley wink cheesy grin angry sad shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry

These are all the emojis on nairaland....thank you grin

5 Likes

Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by BruncleZuma: 1:37pm On Dec 09, 2020
Is that the least of our problems this week?

1 Share

Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by slawormiir: 1:38pm On Dec 09, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
That is what everyone says at first
Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by Ademola47(m): 1:38pm On Dec 09, 2020
This same attitude is what is killing us- pride!

Arteta worked as an assistant coach under Guardiola's tutelage, but when his time reached surrogacy was removed from his life.

Why can't he work as an assistant coach for now and, when the time reaches, he might succeed his principal.

1 Like

Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by tobechi74: 1:40pm On Dec 09, 2020
Pride comes before fall.

Jose Mourinho started as a translator ,he learnt from vangaal

Guardiola started as an academy coach before he was promoted
Dimatteo was a westbrom manager, assistant to AVB before he was promoted to take Chelsea to champion league final
Zidane was assistant to Ancelloti.

Accept assistant role. Add one or two techniques to your numerous skills. Whenever Rohr olid is sacked. You will be made promoted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by 0taPiaPia(m): 1:43pm On Dec 09, 2020
Brethren please what kind of name is this
"
AMU NEKE "
shocked shocked shocked grin cool

1 Like

Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by Iseoluwani: 1:49pm On Dec 09, 2020
shut up. like say u sabi. go and head Eyimba Fc first

1 Like

Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by icankel: 1:49pm On Dec 09, 2020
even if he accept Rohr will never seek for his own advice so wats d need of working under him

2 Likes

Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by Cairoboy(m): 1:50pm On Dec 09, 2020
Kindly wait for your time sir
Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by complexBoss12: 1:51pm On Dec 09, 2020
CSTRR:
It was amuneke that unearthed
chukwueze, osimhen.

He has coached a major African club side.

He has the credentials.

if you know that man, Amuneke well, you will not want him 200miles close to any coaching job in this country.

ask those that have been to "under 17" screenings.

2 Likes

Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by elyte89: 1:51pm On Dec 09, 2020
Ademola47:

Arteta worked as an assistant coach under Guardiola's tutelage, but when his time reached surrogacy was removed from his life.

Why can't he work as an assistant coach for now and, when the time reaches, he might succeed his principal.

Not under rohr..who's more like a waec holder, when it comes to tactics, amuneke is better Dan him jare smiley

3 Likes

Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by Nyanabo(m): 1:53pm On Dec 09, 2020
Lizard say if him jump land for ground and nobody praise e go praise himself. why should amuneke be an assistant to the likes of rohr he is way bigger than that ? his records speaks for him.

1 Like

Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by CSTRR: 1:54pm On Dec 09, 2020
It was amuneke that unearthed
chukwueze, osimhen.

He has coached a major African club side.

He has the credentials.

7 Likes

Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by 4tomandchi: 1:55pm On Dec 09, 2020
Self worth is hard to come by these days how can you equate worth with pride.
For instance can Bournemouth formal manager Eddie Howe become an to Man Utd. Manager Oleganalooser?

His achievement speak for itself he has qualified an African Country to their first ever AFCON.

So why play second fiddle in your own country.

I admire his guts.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by allen113: 1:58pm On Dec 09, 2020
OK
Re: Amuneke: I’m Good Enough To Be Super Eagles Head Coach, Not Assistant by Rugaria: 1:58pm On Dec 09, 2020
Ademola47:

Assistant to whom? This guy played for Barcelona with Pep Gurdiola at the same time. Together with Ronaldo 9! He has coached Nigerias under 16 to world cup victory! Gave you players like Osimhen and Chukwueze..., coached in Egypt too! Took Tanzania to the nations cup! Then you want him to be assistant to one oyibo? I don't have anything against the oyibo there but Amunike is too big to be his assistant! Period!

27 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Soccer Stars Project Holds Screening In Anambra With 142 / Where Do You Prefer To Watch Football? / Serena Williams Out Of Wimbledon After Retiring Injured In First Round

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.