Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Advice: Local Govt Wants Bribe - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice: Local Govt Wants Bribe (146 Views)

Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe / FHA Transfers Festac Mechanic Village And Market To Amuwo Odofin Local Govt. / Anthony Stimler Turns On Colleagues In Massive Africa Bribe Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice: Local Govt Wants Bribe by ire803386: 12:52pm On Dec 09, 2020
I dont even know the right topic to give it. Please I need advice as I will make this brief. Some guys have been coming to my bar now for 2 weeks, they claim they are from local government and are asking for levy. I told them we've been on lockdown since March we just open ending of last month, but they wont listen. I asked them let me pay into the government account and yet they refuse. Before I become violent with them am seeking advice.
Re: Advice: Local Govt Wants Bribe by YoonSung70: 12:54pm On Dec 09, 2020
Ask them for their office ID or any other prove they work with the local government, if not no pay shi shi

1 Like

Re: Advice: Local Govt Wants Bribe by ire803386: 12:57pm On Dec 09, 2020
That's the plan the guy that comes even said if its 2k make I give am. Was just wondering. What's going on. 2k with no proof of payment
Re: Advice: Local Govt Wants Bribe by simonlee(m): 12:57pm On Dec 09, 2020
No fall mugu o.
just go to the local government secretariat and confirm their identity or levy claims.
if they're false, set them up with police on an appointed day you give them to come collect the money!

1 Like

Re: Advice: Local Govt Wants Bribe by HotPoundedYam(m): 1:14pm On Dec 09, 2020
YoonSung70:
Ask them for their office ID or any other prove they work with the local government, if not no pay shi shi

even their heads are aware

1 Like

Re: Advice: Local Govt Wants Bribe by ire803386: 1:18pm On Dec 09, 2020
Now this is exactly what am thinking but firstly is it right.
Secondly I run a nightlife business and it's only me they disturb in the while complex
HotPoundedYam:

even their heads are aware
Re: Advice: Local Govt Wants Bribe by donbachi(m): 1:34pm On Dec 09, 2020
If others are paying..i will advice u pay..for there is no genuine payment made to any local govt.all na extortion.

(1) (Reply)

Get Approved Upwork Account / "The Five Ones" / Votcosmetics Is Your Go To Supplier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.