Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour (470 Views)

Pregnant Woman Shot Five Times By Police In Missouri USA / Putin To Encircle Europe With Massive War Games Alongside China & Iran (Pix,Vid) / 11 US Republican Senators To Challenge Biden’s Presidential Election Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by Openbusiness: 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2020
Missouri joins 'fight' alongside Texas to challenge election before Supreme Court

Eric Schmitt, the attorney general from Missouri, announced on Twitter late Tuesday that his state is "in the fight" after Texas announced its election challenge that would invalidate the 62 Electoral College votes from four battleground states and award President Trump with a second term.

“Election integrity is central to our republic,” Schmitt, a Republican, tweeted. “And I will defend it at every turn. As I have in other cases—I will help lead the effort in support of Texas’ #SCOTUS filing today. Missouri is in the fight.”

Schmitt’s tweet came shortly after Ken Paxton, the attorney general from Texas, explained his motivation behind the suit to Fox News’ ‘Hannity.’

He said that election management in Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin—the states named in the suit—directly impacted voters in the his state. In particular, he pointed to changes that were made to expand mail-in voting amid the coronavirus pandemic.

“If other states don’t follow the Constitution and if their state legislature isn’t responsible for overseeing their elections ... it affects my state,” he said. “Our job is to make sure the Constitution is followed and that every vote counts. And in this case, I’m not sure every vote was counted. Not in the right way.”

Paxton’s case stands on the grounds of Article II of the Constitution, which mandates state legislatures have the sole authority to manage and change election processes -- a clause he aims to prove was ignored during the 2020 election.

The states named in the lawsuit called Paxton’s suit a political stunt and downplayed its chances to be successful. Paul Smith, a professor and election law expert at Georgetown University’s law school, told Reuters that there is “no possible way the state of Texas has standing to complain about how other states counted the votes and how they are about to cast their electoral votes.”

Attorneys general from Louisiana, Arkansas and other states have reportedly announced their support of the lawsuit.

The high court on Tuesday separately rejected another plea to intervene in the election, from Pennsylvania Republicans who wanted the court to undo the certification of Biden’s victory in the state.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/missouri-joins-fight-alongside-texas-to-challenge-election-before-supreme-court

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by Openbusiness: 3:42pm On Dec 09, 2020
About 11 States have now joined the lawsuit supporting Texas in its case before the SCOTUS against Electoral malpractice in the 4 Swing States. The application has been received into the Supreme Court docket, and this essentially means that the Supreme Court will attend to the case. This week will be very interesting. Stay tuned cool

1 Like

Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by Jashub: 3:47pm On Dec 09, 2020
This is getting interesting. I look forward to the coming weeks

1 Like

Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by Openbusiness: 4:00pm On Dec 09, 2020
Jashub:
This is getting interesting. I look forward to the coming weeks
The SCOTUS will hear the case tomorrow. I expect the hearing will go well, and they will most likely suspend the Electoral College voting pending the resolution of the case. And when Trump wins the case, it means the SCOTUS will cancel the Electoral College votes for the 4 States, which means both candidates will be officially below 270. And this means the House of Representatives will be the ones to vote to choose the President. Once it gets to this stage, game over, Trump wins automatically because Republicans have more votes than Democrats, 29 / 21. Even if there are some RINO Judas', Trump will still get the majority votes needed to win. As it stands the RINO Red Governors among those Swing States are already under fire and ratings have seriously dropped and are at risk of losing re-election.

2 Likes

Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by Righteousness89(m): 4:40pm On Dec 09, 2020
My DADDY is in Total Control!
The Earth is the LORD and Fulness Thereof!
GOD will do what Pleases HIM and no man can do anything about it!

GOD Bless President Donald Trump..

For those who wanna Listen to the real things going on about the US Elections, go to NEWSMAXTV Channel on YouTube or Downlad the app.
That's where u get Unbiased and Factual reports of Events..

Even the Pennsylvania case in the main stream media is Reported halfsided..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIHf2mlFBdw

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by bjtinz: 6:47pm On Dec 09, 2020
Openbusiness:
The SCOTUS will hear the case tomorrow. I expect the hearing will go well, and they will most likely suspend the Electoral College voting pending the resolution of the case. And when Trump wins the case, it means the SCOTUS will cancel the Electoral College votes for the 4 States, which means both candidates will be officially below 270. And this means the House of Representatives will be the ones to vote to choose the President. Once it gets to this stage, game over, Trump wins automatically because Republicans have more votes than Democrats, 29 / 21. Even if there are some RINO Judas', Trump will still get the majority votes needed to win. As it stands the RINO Red Governors among those Swing States are already under fire and ratings have seriously dropped and are at risk of losing re-election.

CAN YOU IMAGINE!!! shocked shocked shocked

No shame whatsoever again.

So intense, so brazen, so shameless is thier attempt to disenfranchise millions of legally cast votes, they don't even hide it anymore.

I have never seen a greater collection of wicked, demonic deplorables.

*Spits

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by Openbusiness: 7:16pm On Dec 09, 2020
bjtinz:

CAN YOU IMAGINE!!! shocked shocked shocked

No shame whatsoever again.

So intense, so brazen, so shameless is thier attempt to disenfranchise millions of legally cast votes, they don't even hide it anymore.

I have never seen a greater collection of wicked, demonic deplorables.

*Spits
You dey vex oh grin grin grin
Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by Jashub: 7:30pm On Dec 09, 2020
Openbusiness:
You dey vex oh grin grin grin
Lol... No mind the guy.

1 Like

Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by grandlexuz(m): 9:08pm On Dec 09, 2020
Righteousness89:

For those who wanna Listen to the real things going on about the US Elections, go to NEWSMAXTV Channel on YouTube or Downlad the app.

grin grin
Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by grandlexuz(m): 9:10pm On Dec 09, 2020
Openbusiness:

Keep deceiving yourself. Ei go shock you in a few days. grin grin grin
I can't wait to follow back this thread by weekend. By then you should be back from Jupiter.

2 Likes

Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by olufeyikemi90789: 9:21pm On Dec 09, 2020
:You dey vex oh Lol... No mind the guy.
Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by Openbusiness: 9:39pm On Dec 09, 2020
grandlexuz:

Keep deceiving yourself. Ei go shock you in a few days. grin grin grin
I can't wait to follow back this thread by weekend. By then you should be back from Jupiter.
Kikikiki grin
Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by Eddie4God(m): 9:27am On Dec 10, 2020
Righteousness89:

Newsmax factual & unbiased?
please what are u smoking. Newsmax is basically a Republican mouthpiece & propaganda machine. While CNN maybe sometimes skew left it is still more likely centrist. Newsmax & OANN are openly Republican.

2 Likes

Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by Jashub: 9:28am On Dec 10, 2020
[s]
Eddie4God:

please what are u smoking. Newsmax is basically a Republican mouthpiece & propaganda machine. While CNN maybe sometimes skew left it is still more likely centrist. Newsmax & OANN are openly Republican.
[/s] It seems you do not know the meaning of the word centrist. For if you did, you would not even mention the word CNN

1 Like

Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by Eddie4God(m): 9:31am On Dec 10, 2020
Openbusiness:
If only wishes were horses.
SCOTUS can't suspend the Electoral college voting pending the resolution of any case before it. It will have to decide any case before the day the electors meet to cast their votes.
Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by Eddie4God(m): 9:32am On Dec 10, 2020
Jashub:
[s][/s] It seems you do not know the meaning of the word centrist. For if you did, you would not even mention the word CNN
So what is newsmax then.
Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by Jashub: 9:34am On Dec 10, 2020
Eddie4God:

So what is newsmax then.
The issue here is not NewsMax; but giving both sides to a story. How come they are not covering all cases regarding the election. And right now the Lamestream media (JewNN and co) are not doing that!
Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by IfGodbeforus(m): 9:36am On Dec 10, 2020
[s]
Eddie4God:

[/s]
Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by bjtinz: 9:37am On Dec 10, 2020
They hide under the veil of religious moralists. Yet, with such wanton abandon, they lie, cheat, and fraudulently seek to disenfranchise millions.

Not surprised. After all we've heard of harlots, kidnappers,etc "praying" for successful outing.

So really why should the antiques of these deranged elements surprise us. undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by Righteousness89(m): 9:52am On Dec 10, 2020
Eddie4God:

Say what u know ! Not what u think!
It has nothing to do with Republican or democrat!

They are a Conservative Channel! Not a leftist or right wing!

I am a Conservative! And that's where I get Real News from! Not half baked or fake news!

I can't remember wen last I watched cnn!
I Advice All! If you wanna watch factual events go to Newsmax or Oan !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by AZeD1(m): 2:14am On Dec 12, 2020
Openbusiness:
Case denied by the Supreme Court.

Even Trump's 3 appointees denied the motion to hear the case because it was foolish in the first place.
At what point do you guys realize the law suits were a ploy by Trump to raise money?

As of today, Trump has lost 57 election cases.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by Nobody: 2:32am On Dec 12, 2020
Openbusiness:

well unfortunately...the supreme court tossed out the case.....sooooooooooooooooooooo what next?
Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by Nobody: 2:33am On Dec 12, 2020
Righteousness89:

I am a Conservative! And that's where I get Real News from! Not half baked or fake news!

do you lnow what Conservative means?
Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by grandlexuz(m): 8:21am On Dec 12, 2020
Righteousness89:

How is it going at newsmax? Any spiritual updates?
Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by grandlexuz(m): 8:24am On Dec 12, 2020
Openbusiness:

How did it go with the supreme court.? I told you Friday was around the corner. Are you back from Jupiter? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by Openbusiness: 9:42am On Dec 12, 2020
grandlexuz:

How did it go with the supreme court.? I told you Friday was around the corner. Are you back from Jupiter? grin grin
I'm still at Venus, we want to buy fuel inside our train grin

1 Like

Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by grandlexuz(m): 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2020
Openbusiness:
I'm still at Venus, we want to buy fuel inside our train grin

grin grin You sef. You are one funny dude

1 Like

Re: Missouri Joins 'fight' Alongside Texas To Challenge Election Before Supreme Cour by Roger3D(m): 8:06pm On Dec 12, 2020
Closed business grin

(1) (Reply)

Putin Signs Bill Granting Lifetime Immunity To Former Russian Presidents / Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage / USA POLITICS: Biden Executive Order Says Schools Should Include Transgender Athl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.