Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

What's Your Experience Hiring Here Versus Other Places? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's Your Experience Hiring Here Versus Other Places? (157 Views)

Human Resource Recruiter With Experience Hiring Drivers Needed In Lagos / N-Power Registration 2020: Share Your Experience / FG Places Embargo On Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Experience Hiring Here Versus Other Places? by ScamHunter: 8:50pm On Dec 09, 2020
I've been hiring for my company from this place for about 2 years and I want to share my experience. First, I think the main advantage of hiring Nigerians is the low cost of labour, but that's where it ends. I'll tell you the reason shortly.

In comparison with hiring from other African countries, such as Egypt, Kenya and the Gambia, hiring Nigerians is quite laborious. I think this could be attributed to the high population compounded by low quality education that we have in the country.

Hiring a Nigerian writer saves you tons of money but FINDING THE WRITER would take you tons of time. Here's my experience in hiring skilled labour and virtual workers from Nigeria and other places:

If I put up an advert in a local newspaper in the Gambia for 10 openings, I may get 15 applications. It gets very interesting from there, because of those 15, it would be very difficult picking the best 10. Sometimes, we have been short of applications in those countries, but what is outstanding is the quality of the applicants. Most applications are from skilled applicants and you don't miss the quality.

In comparison, if we have same 10 openings and advertise in Nigeria, there could be 150 applications, but it'll still be difficult sifting through to fill the 10 slots. At the end of the day, we may make do with 4 skilled workers and search elsewhere to make up.

I've been around and I often hear people say there are no jobs. This happens all the time, but the reality is that there are lots of jobs but the average potential employee in this country are not really employable. I mean in comparison with many other African countries, talk less Asian countries. The fact is that with appropriate skills, there are jobs (whether virtual or otherwise) if you know where to search.

(1) (Reply)

Digital Bureau Urgently Needed / Security Guards / Chymall E-commerce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.