Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,583 members, 7,827,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer (20603 Views)

Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business / Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by Ayilara1(m): 11:40am On Dec 11, 2020
GodWrites:
I wonder why most of you keep full beards, looking like these ancient Vikings.

I know the need to feel masculine can be exasperating, but appearance has to be considered also.

I prefer a clean shaved guy any day to someone with beards, trimmed or not.

I wonder why most of you keep full hair, looking like these mammy waters.

I know the need to feel feminine can be exasperating, but appearance has to be considered also.

I prefer a clean shaved lady any day to someone with hair, trimmed or not.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by erico2k2(m): 11:40am On Dec 11, 2020
gunners160:
how old are u and how much do u earn in a month. A lot of you who are broke and unemployed write this gibberish as if you h worth anything. 80k is a lot of money and I repeat a lot of money. Can't you see how people are even struggling to get this job and u are typing nonsense. If you make money legit u no go call any money small. Even Dangote won't make dat mistake
Bro 80K is not a load of money, it is only a lot of money when you limit yourself to that standard of life,Go to the market and see the cost of food
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by Dannyozs(m): 11:41am On Dec 11, 2020
GodWrites:

All I see is a man struggling to be masculine.

So a man should cut his God given beard to fit your own description/standard of masculinity or please your feminist ego?

1 Like

Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by erico2k2(m): 11:41am On Dec 11, 2020
Ayilara1:

I know the need to feel feminine can be exasperating, but appearance has to be considered also.

Don't you think everyone is entitled to how they look without fear or favour? just cos you don't like someone else's facial hair don't mean they don't like it
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by Doyenro23(m): 11:43am On Dec 11, 2020
only in Nigeria clowns would be turning down 50k job all on the name of the money too small smiley if no be corruption see this life person wey get cap and head dey yarn dust grin just pray make God no commot your cap leave your head I go come see how your side hustle go last you it baffles me seeing a grad telling me a federal govt job no worth it especially Force do you know how much your pension would be after 10yrs of working and decided to quit angry grin grin smh I pray God open your eyes quickly.

1 Like

Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by Hamsaini: 11:57am On Dec 11, 2020
Madu2013:

This is very sad, so I’m going to shave my precious beard

Sorry about that. can you connect me with this man please. I need the job, I can shave every hair on my body for it.
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 11, 2020
Madu2013:
Good day guys
I’m about to get an appointment letter to work in Nigeria correctional service (prison) though I didn’t apply for the job.
According to my findings online they are not allowed to grow beards.
Now here are my questions, is there anyway one can keep his beard while working there and how much is the salary of a Degree holder?
Please help me with answers so that I can make up my mind thanks.

Please check very well. It is not possible to get such jobs now without you applying.
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 11, 2020
erico2k2:

Now my question back at yah, was U born then

Yep but still small then.
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by ayomipoosi: 12:04pm On Dec 11, 2020
Please give me the connection naa
Madu2013:

I don’t think the job is worth it, according to my findings the salary is about 80k
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by faste: 12:04pm On Dec 11, 2020
zedegit:

"
#80 000 is not a lot of money.

That's not more than 3 bags of rice.
to many in this modern day naija it is a lot of lucre
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by ItsTutsi(m): 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2020
they earn 115k.. my bro works there
Madu2013:

I don’t think the job is worth it, according to my findings the salary is about 80k
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by ItsTutsi(m): 12:09pm On Dec 11, 2020
they earn 115k not 80
CalliDora1:

You think so?

It's over worth it. Though it depends on your level and with time, as you get promoted, your salary will also Increase. Free housing all through your service and as a young chap you might retire earning up to a million with which your gratuity and pension will be worked. Most importantly, the job is secured and pension is constant. My dad received his pensions till his dyiing days without hitches.

Don't look at the now. Look at the future. You may also need to run some courses to speed up your promotion and get you up there in a short time. My dad did a lot of courses those days and it really helped him Climbed up fast in Rank.

Lastly, its about you And what you want. If you don't feel up to it, don't do it!
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by faste: 12:11pm On Dec 11, 2020
Madu2013:

It’s not as if I don’t need a job I do, but taking this job will be like settling for less and blocking the way for more. I make over 80k now in my side hustle but am still not comfortable.
I know that once I start this job more responsibility will be added to me by my family not to talk of other small small Billings from family and friends.

This man has given many people jobs in FIRS, CBN, Immigration And NDLEA.
I know that he will soon get one of these slots again I just have to be patient.
pass the slot to a brother here who need it,since it appears u don't
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by erico2k2(m): 12:11pm On Dec 11, 2020
CalliDora1:

Yep but still small then.
OK
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by benzene00: 12:13pm On Dec 11, 2020
Ayilara1:

Lol.. bro
Women will fix fake Long hair, fake eyelashes, fake nails ... Etc

But the moment a man decides to keep his naturally grown beards is that time u will start hearing unnecessary rants

Confused creatures

1 Like

Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by AFONAMARO: 12:14pm On Dec 11, 2020
Madu2013:

It’s not as if I don’t need a job I do, but taking this job will be like settling for less and blocking the way for more. I make over 80k now in my side hustle but am still not comfortable.
I know that once I start this job more responsibility will be added to me by my family not to talk of other small small Billings from family and friends.

This man has given many people jobs in FIRS, CBN, Immigration And NDLEA.
I know that he will soon get one of these slots again I just have to be patient.

None of the aforementioned jobs would let you keep beards and they are almost same salary scale except FIRS and CBN
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by Drekaz(m): 12:22pm On Dec 11, 2020
21cents:
does class of Bsc degree influences pay?

Nope, apart from professional courses.
Then like 7k extra for masters degree holders(they are given 2 star)
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 11, 2020
ItsTutsi:
they earn 115k not 80

I Know graduates earn more than 80k because they start from a higher level.
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by Dibodibo(m): 12:49pm On Dec 11, 2020
Madu2013:

. The salary is 121,000
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by Gift96: 12:50pm On Dec 11, 2020
I don't think they allow it
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by DEBJOCH1(m): 1:22pm On Dec 11, 2020
You see the effect of been over spoonfed? You did not apply for a job, some body from some where smuggled your name in and with Nigeria sentiment you got the job, here you are complaining that an FG job of N80k does'nt worth it. I just wish you can extend same job to me.

1 Like

Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by Gospel367: 1:53pm On Dec 11, 2020
Madu2013:

You are right, but the thing is that I have a side hustle that gives me up to that in a month though it’s not sustainable but it gives me time to socialize and also travel around and I don’t think this job will give me that liberty.

The two things going on my mind are:

I think this job is going to take away my social life, my passion and also my beard and the salary is not worth it.

Secondly, turning down this job offer my upset this man because this is the second time he is offering me a job.
I’m so confused!

Make una help me find job nah...please oh

bro, if this side hustle is the kind of hustle someone can control for u, call your little siblings to be in charge of it while u go for the job offer. this government officers dey chop better money. forget the 80k first, other things and back hand money dey sometimes dey available for government work....But then, you know what u want and freedom is the best. if u can use the hustle u do to save up money for your visa, then continue in the hustle, even improve on it and simply tell the man helping u politely that u don't need a job anymore. that u are self employed now. Person no go die. Las Las no be him go carry u go that Australia....

but I Sha need a job
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by DukeJenrus: 2:08pm On Dec 11, 2020
Better shave off that beards and work, if I may ask u didn't apply for the job now opportunity came you're complaints about shaving off your beard. Can u hear yourself.
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by cenaboy(m): 2:11pm On Dec 11, 2020
Madu2013:

You are right, but the thing is that I have a side hustle that gives me up to that in a month though it’s not sustainable but it gives me time to socialize and also travel around and I don’t think this job will give me that liberty.

The two things going on my mind are:

I think this job is going to take away my social life, my passion and also my beard and the salary is not worth it.

Secondly, turning down this job offer my upset this man because this is the second time he is offering me a job.
I’m so confused!

please give me the offer in fact I will be giving you parr of the salary please, thanks 0902 365 7458 my number. God bless
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by donMIG(m): 2:52pm On Dec 11, 2020
Pls leave ur beard... Me I want to shave mine n have govt work

U no serious even small

Make ur bearbear dei pay u every month na
Nonsense
Na coz u even c work put head with ordinary degree angry
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by Neddyogu(m): 3:43pm On Dec 11, 2020
Madu2013:

This is very sad, so I’m going to shave my precious beard

Does ur beard pay u salary? Or u earn some form of income from it?
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by newdawn2017(f): 4:12pm On Dec 11, 2020
CalliDora1:

You think so?

It's over worth it. Though it depends on your level and with time, as you get promoted, your salary will also Increase. Free housing all through your service and as a young chap you might retire earning up to a million with which your gratuity and pension will be worked. Most importantly, the job is secured and pension is constant. My dad received his pensions till his dyiing days without hitches.

Don't look at the now. Look at the future. You may also need to run some courses to speed up your promotion and get you up there in a short time. My dad did a lot of courses those days and it really helped him Climbed up fast in Rank.

Lastly, its about you And what you want. If you don't feel up to it, don't do it!
which free housing?? That dirty old colonial masters housing I see?? Really??
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 11, 2020
newdawn2017:
which free housing?? That dirty old colonial masters housing I see?? Really??

Maybe the ones that was allocated to your family is what you were referring to.

My dad was a senior officer so we were given officers quarters at Ribadu road ikoyi off state house the then Gen. Babangidas' house. So which one are you really talking about?

You think its everyone that lived in old houses?
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 4:34pm On Dec 11, 2020
Madu2013:
Good day guys
I’m about to get an appointment letter to work in Nigeria correctional service (prison) though I didn’t apply for the job.
Now here are my questions, is there anyway one can keep his beard while working there and how much is the salary of a Degree holder?
Please help me with answers so that I can make up my mind thanks.

I know ur feelings OP.
I'm also a beard lover, one thing is this, accept the job and save for ur Visa as u said.
The beards will always come out.
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by ogub(m): 5:03pm On Dec 11, 2020
[qquote author=Madu2013 post=96919122]Good day guys
Please help me with answers so that I can make up my mind thanks.[/quote] you didn't apply but you got the job how?
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by GodWrites: 5:40pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dannyozs:

So a man should cut his God given beard to fit your own description/standard of masculinity or please your feminist ego?

Did I develop any standard for measuring masculinity?
Re: Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer by Afodot0022(m): 8:08pm On Dec 11, 2020
Pls how much does ssce holder earn. My wife jus got an from from same parastatals and wabt to be sure how much they pay them ..
Drekaz:

Its 118-120K take home, not 80k for bsc holders.
One star.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NDIC Begins Secret Staff Recruitment / Shell Global Latest Job Opportunities For Nigerians (May 2018) / You Are Still Unemployed And Its Almost March

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.