Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,124 members, 7,953,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:02 PM

Solution To ASUU Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Solution To ASUU Strike (1006 Views)

People's Reactions To ASUU Strike In Funny Meme Collection / Mary Folafoluwa Oginni, Best Student In WAEC Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike / Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solution To ASUU Strike by Ramsey19: 10:52am On Dec 10, 2020
for the strike to come to and end soon, since FG said they have paid ASUU members salaries up to June and nothing was said by ASUU to negate that, so I will suggest ASUU should resume back to work by giving government ultimatum on when the remaining agreements will be implemented. And if FG refuse to meet up with the ultimatum, then we will know who the true lier is.

2 Likes

Re: Solution To ASUU Strike by lkillbrokehoes: 1:16pm On Dec 10, 2020
Ramsey19:
for the strike to come to and end soon, since FG said they have paid ASUU members salaries up to June and nothing was said by ASUU to negate that, so I will suggest ASUU should resume back to work by giving government ultimatum on when the remaining agreements will be implemented. And if FG refuse to meet up with the ultimatum, then we will know who the true lier is.
Get out of here, that is never happening.

3 Likes

Re: Solution To ASUU Strike by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 10, 2020
Ramsey19:
buhari's Government can't be trusted. how do you expect them to resume without a pay?

they also have children to send back to schools like the way your parents will use money to send you back to your school after the strike has been suspended.

I'm fully in support of ASUU with the issue of withheld salaries. las las FG go still pay them na just the students time Dem dey waste.

5 Likes

Re: Solution To ASUU Strike by kmst1: 1:41pm On Dec 10, 2020
When the students are tired they will protest
Right now lazy Nigerian youths even dey enjoy the strike grin

1 Like

Re: Solution To ASUU Strike by kmst1: 1:43pm On Dec 10, 2020
When the students are tired they will protest
Right now lazy Nigerian youths even dey enjoy the strike grin

I don't see any reason why federal government will be doing hide and seek when it comes to funding education
Certificateless president

1 Like

Re: Solution To ASUU Strike by Saintinoo(m): 3:11pm On Dec 10, 2020
brain02:
buhari's Government can't be trusted. how do you expect them to resume without a pay?

they also have children to send back to schools like the way your parents will use money to send you back to your school after the strike has been suspended.

I'm fully in support of ASUU with the issue of withheld salaries. las las FG go still pay them na just the students time Dem dey waste.
See how you are saying it with all confidence as if they worked for the month owned, even ASUU president do not say it with this confidence, the truth is that FG might just decide to hold the said salary and nothing will happen, it is the students and ASUU members that will suffer, remind you that the EAA they are fighting has been owned since 2013.

I think the best ASUU can do is to give FG the benefit of doubt, suspend the strike this month "conditionally" and if by first quarter of next year their demands is not met, they can resume the industrial action.
Re: Solution To ASUU Strike by lkillbrokehoes: 3:20pm On Dec 10, 2020
brain02:

Don't mind the guy, the ASUU I know won't call of the strike until they see alerts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solution To ASUU Strike by sinkhole: 3:28pm On Dec 10, 2020
Saintinoo:

See how you are saying it with all confidence as if they worked for the month owned, even ASUU president do not say it with this confidence, the truth is that FG might just decide to hold the said salary and nothing will happen, it is the students and ASUU members that will suffer, remind you that the EAA they are fighting has been owned since 2013.

I think the best ASUU can do is to give FG the benefit of doubt, suspend the strike this month "conditionally" and if by first quarter of next year their demands is not met, they can resume the industrial action.
[ grin grin If ASUU resumes and students are in school and ASUU attempts another strike, there will be riots and ASUU members head will be broken cheesy cheesy
ASUU will never enter that kain trap smiley
Re: Solution To ASUU Strike by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 10, 2020
Saintinoo:

be like say you no know ASUU shaa...the same ASUU that said government should declare a state of emergency in education for 2 to 5 years. The union is tired of promises since 1999. I guess it's time for fulfillment of promises. perhaps this government is full of lies..this same government that said there was no military at end SARS protest, to army was present , to it was rubber bullet that was shot, to live bullet was brought but no directed to anyone... funniest thing is that the withheld salaries will be paid at the end.

1 Like

Re: Solution To ASUU Strike by Saintinoo(m): 4:45pm On Dec 10, 2020
sinkhole:
[ grin grin If ASUU resumes and students are in school and ASUU attempts another strike, there will be riots and ASUU members head will be broken cheesy cheesy
ASUU will never enter that kain trap smiley
Who will riot. This same toothless Nigeria students?

Between, no be who you see, you go break im head?
Re: Solution To ASUU Strike by Saintinoo(m): 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2020
brain02:
be like say you no know ASUU shaa...the same ASUU that said government should declare a state of emergency in education for 2 to 5 years. The union is tired of promises since 1999. I guess it's time for fulfillment of promises. perhaps this government is full of lies..this same government that said there was no military at end SARS protest, to army was present , to it was rubber bullet that was shot, to live bullet was brought but no directed to anyone... funniest thing is that the withheld salaries will be paid at the end.
Guy don't tell me you believed those propaganda by ASUU zonal chairpersons, those series of press conference by zonal chairpersons is to put fear in the mind of students and parent so they can pressure FG to meet their demands. Forget ASUU sturbornes, dem dey hear am.
Re: Solution To ASUU Strike by Ramsey19: 5:17pm On Dec 10, 2020
lkillbrokehoes:
Get out of here, that is never happening.

that's the best thing to me just to clear the air to know who is actually deceiving who. they av received their salary up to June that they didn't work for and they were promised to receive the remaining one if they resume work. wetin them want again?

if they resume work and government didn't fulfil their promises, then students will know who to protest against.
Re: Solution To ASUU Strike by lkillbrokehoes: 5:22pm On Dec 10, 2020
brain02:
Lolz they don't know all these, all I know is that ASUU won't be fooled this time around.
Re: Solution To ASUU Strike by Ramsey19: 5:27pm On Dec 10, 2020
I could see most people supporting ASUU on this matter are not students. so they don't know what it takes to be at home this kind period.

they are either ASUU members or those that experienced strike while in school. so they want us to feel what they felt in their school days.

las las we go dey aiit sha

anything wey get beginning must get end.
Re: Solution To ASUU Strike by sinkhole: 5:40pm On Dec 10, 2020
Saintinoo:

Who will riot. This same toothless Nigeria students?

Between, no be who you see, you go break im head?
they will riot with government encouragement!
Re: Solution To ASUU Strike by edoairways: 6:59pm On Dec 10, 2020
Saintinoo:

On this one, I support ASUU to continue with the strike. Lecturer's job goes beyound teaching and marking scripts. This government can not be trusted at all
Re: Solution To ASUU Strike by edoairways: 7:01pm On Dec 10, 2020
Ramsey19:
I could see most people supporting ASUU on this matter are not students. so they don't know what it takes to be at home this kind period.

they are either ASUU members or those that experienced strike while in school. so they want us to feel what they felt in their school days.

las las we go dey aiit sha

anything wey get beginning must get end.
They are fighting for you

(1) (Reply)

Simplified Payment For Zoom Subscription / OOU POST UTME 2024 | Complete Admissions Guides / ABSU Is Delaying My Youth Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.