Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,159 members, 7,849,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:30 AM

Service Chiefs Should Address NASS Not Buhari - Ex-minority Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Service Chiefs Should Address NASS Not Buhari - Ex-minority Leader (189 Views)

Osinbajo, APC Govs Attends Wedding Dinner Of Ex Minority Leader, Adamu - Phot / Pastor Canon Iyke Egbuonu Says "The Man In Aso Rock Is Not Buhari" / The Man In Aso Rock Is Not Buhari - Fani-kayode Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Service Chiefs Should Address NASS Not Buhari - Ex-minority Leader by nairapark: 12:05pm On Dec 10, 2020
A former Minority Leader of the House of Representatives, Farouk Aliyu, has said the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), should not honour the summon by the National Assembly expected to be sitting today.

Aliyu, a member of the All Progressives Congress and a close ally to the president, said the service chiefs should attend the NASS invitation instead.

He added that Buhari is not an orator and should allow the service chiefs to explain things needed.

The president had been summoned last week by the House of Representatives led by the Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila, over the insecurity rate in addition to the massacre of over 43 rice farmers by Boko Haram terrorists in Borno State.

On Wednesday, the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), has said the National Assembly lacked the power to invite the President to speak on security matters.

The former Minority Leader in the House of Representatives in support of Malami, said, “There are so many things that the President may divulge and people will say, ‘Why did he even go? He shouldn’t have gone.’”

Aliyu asserted, “President Buhari is not an orator. There are orators, people who can talk and talk. People are different.

“If I were to advise Mr. President, I will tell Mr. President not to go. He should probably allow the service chiefs to go and explain (things) because there are certain details that should probably be explained in camera.”

“As a former minority leader in the House, I don’t think the President should appear, not at this time when things are so difficult (and) the country is going through challenges. Is the President going to appear there to tell the National Assembly the strategies being taken by the government?

“Is he going there for an interactive session? Not even the Speaker can assure the President or his party that Mr. President may not be embarrassed.”

https://www.nairapark.com/news/1607596729/service-chiefs-should-address-nass-not-buhari

Re: Service Chiefs Should Address NASS Not Buhari - Ex-minority Leader by donbachi(m): 12:21pm On Dec 10, 2020
I think somebody should drop his GCON tittle.
Re: Service Chiefs Should Address NASS Not Buhari - Ex-minority Leader by IamWonderful: 12:24pm On Dec 10, 2020
I think I saw something like ex militant leader

(1) (Reply)

Strike In 21 Years / Gov Umahi Mourns Sam Nda-isaiah / National Assembly Finally Adopts NDDC Budget, Lifts Ban On Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.