Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Cote D'ivoire Political Crisis And The United Nations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cote D'ivoire Political Crisis And The United Nations (800 Views)

Osinbajo Meets With Nigerians Living In Cote D'ivoire (Photos) / Mark Seeks Divine Intervention To End Boko Haram, Political Crisis / Political Crisis In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cote D'ivoire Political Crisis And The United Nations by gbagudara: 4:07pm On Mar 24, 2011
How do you see the situation in Ivory Coast?  What is the difference between the current political turmoil in Libya, Bahrain and Ivory Coast?  Why is the UN concentrating mainly on Libya and doing nothing about Ivory Coast and Bahrain?   What is wrong with this picture?  Is it because their is no oil in Cote d'Ivoire?  To me, it is the same loss of life.  Life is life, whether in Libya, Ivory Coast or Bahrain.  In all these countries, citizens are being wasted. Human lives are being unnecessarily and preventively destroyed. If the UN is in Libya to protect civilians, are they trying to tell us that Ivorians are less than humans, and that is why they have relegated their issue to the background?  What kind of UN do we have? 

If the UN recognizes Allassane Quatarra as the current president of Cote d'Ivoire, then why have they not confronted Gbagbo and route him out of the country or exile with the same intensity and pressure they have applied to Libya? Why has the UN not taken steps to curtail the excesses of Laurent Gbagbo in terms of the violence he has unleashed on innocent civilians in Cote d'Ivoire?  This is terrible injustice.  It appears that the black man's life is of no significance. 

Seven women were mowed down recently by Laurent Gbagbo's forces in Cote d'Ivoire including a pregnant woman.  One had her brains blown out. The UN has not responded or reacted to this heinous crime in any way.  The UN has not considered this important enough to warrant their undivided attention.  This means nothing to the united nations and their yeye human right crap.  I really wonder whose interest the UN is serving?  I believe Africa is not part of the equation hence the conscious neglect of the Ivorian plight.  

I strongly urge ECOWAS to take full and unilateral action in solving this critical situation in Cote d'Ivoire and forget UN.  By the time the UN eventually turns its reluctant attention to that area, there will be no one left standing.  Maybe this is what is intended.  Africa wake up.  Please don't wait for the UN.  Let ECOWAS or the Africa Union move into action before its too late.  Our destiny is in our hands, not UN.  What is your opinion?  The current development in that country makes me extremely sad and angry. GRRRRR.

(1) (Reply)

Why Gej Became The Vp The Jonathan Conspiracy Theory / Think! Nigeria Think! / Efcc Moves Against Ogun State Gov, Daniel, Akala, 7 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.