Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Is Itse Sagay Really A Professor Of Law? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Itse Sagay Really A Professor Of Law? (354 Views)

Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay / Open Grazing: Southern Govs Position Mere Declaration Of Intent - Itse Sagay / Itse Sagay: SIP Shouldn’t Have Been Removed From Osinbajo’s Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Itse Sagay Really A Professor Of Law? by neoclassical: 10:53pm On Dec 10, 2020
I just read the interview granted to Prof Itse Sagay (SAN) on the position of Abubakar Malami that the National Assembly lacks constitutional powers to summon Mr. President.
More worrisome is the fact that Prof Sagay likened intoto the position of President Buhari to that of Queen of England.

My question is, can a Professor of Law be so dumb that he doesn't know the different between an elected President in a Democratic system of government, where separation of powers and checks and balances are enshrined in the constitution and an unelected queen in a Parliamentary / Monarchical system of government?

What is really happening to our leaders?

4 Likes

Re: Is Itse Sagay Really A Professor Of Law? by Kaduna1stson: 10:54pm On Dec 10, 2020
He is correct, we in the north wants Buharri not to go to the NASS, you want to unmask him?

2 Likes

Re: Is Itse Sagay Really A Professor Of Law? by Jostoman: 10:59pm On Dec 10, 2020
My only concern now is what punishment is international community and ICC are going to give to those that participated in killing of those innocent youth at lekki tollgate. They must not go unponished o.
Re: Is Itse Sagay Really A Professor Of Law? by Jashub: 11:20pm On Dec 10, 2020
neoclassical:
I just read the interview granted to Prof Itse Sagay (SAN) on the position of Abubakar Malami that the National Assembly lacks constitutional powers to summon Mr. President.
More worrisome is the fact that Prof Sagay likened intoto the position of President Buhari to that of Queen of England.

My question is, can a Professor of Law be so dumb that he doesn't know the different between an elected President in a Democratic system of government, where separation of powers and checks and balances are enshrined in the constitution and an unelected queen in a Parliamentary / Monarchical system of government?

When it comes to political interest, even the educated will stumble. So can you really blame Itse Sagay? After all, he is only supporting the hand that feeds him.

1 Like

Re: Is Itse Sagay Really A Professor Of Law? by SocialJustice: 11:33pm On Dec 10, 2020
neoclassical:

This is what happens when people get political appointments not based on merit. He's just trying to remain relevant to his master. Nigeria is a shame and disaster.

1 Like

Re: Is Itse Sagay Really A Professor Of Law? by nettpen: 11:37pm On Dec 10, 2020
Na just certificate & title, it doesn't change the real him. Just like Osibanjo, a SAN but a very dull VP.

1 Like

Re: Is Itse Sagay Really A Professor Of Law? by GOVERNMENT2: 11:38pm On Dec 10, 2020
Kaduna1stson:
He is correct, we in the north wants Buharri not to go to the NASS, you want to unmask him?
grin

Re: Is Itse Sagay Really A Professor Of Law? by neoclassical: 11:56pm On Dec 10, 2020
SocialJustice:
This is what happens when people get political appointments not based on merit. He's just trying to remain relevant to his master. Nigeria is a shame and disaster.

Very pathetic
Re: Is Itse Sagay Really A Professor Of Law? by J4justice: 12:03am On Dec 11, 2020
Yes, of course. If not Professor Emeritus. Nobody joins the APC, and remain intact with his senses. Eg. Festus Kayemu, Gov. David Umahi etc

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

REFERENDUMS FOR THE ETHNIC NATIONALITIES OF NIGERIA - AN EXPLANATION: LNC-MNN / Igbo Leaders Persist South East Must Produce President In 2023 / President Buhari Appoints Buba Marwa As DG Of NDLEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.