Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

My Family Is Tearing Apart - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Family Is Tearing Apart (2073 Views)

My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / My Family Is Tearing Apart! Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by LadySarah: 9:47pm On Dec 11, 2020
mariahAngel:
[s][/s]

Never in your life should you try this nonsense again! I SWEAR! YOU'RE NOT GOING TO LIKE THE CONSEQUENCES!

Try to twist my words with your twisted mind; Have you lost your mind?

What can you do?

10 Likes

Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by mariahAngel(f): 9:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
LadySarah:

What can you do?

Juo ese!

1 Like

Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by LadySarah: 9:55pm On Dec 11, 2020
mariahAngel:

Juo ese!

Gbafuo!
Eyirim GI Onye I ga amaja?

6 Likes

Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by mariahAngel(f): 10:01pm On Dec 11, 2020
LadySarah:

Gbafuo!
Eyirim GI Onye I ga amaja?

Gbafukwa!

Agwachala'm gi!

1 Like

Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by LordKO(m): 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2020
Klass99:
Where are all these multiply and be fruitful crew people?

And the god forbid vasectomy crew people plus family planning is a sin, crew?

OP, no offense meant but to slap your parents dey sweet me die. 8 children, for what nah?

The part that irritates and annoys me is your father's expectations and nagging for funds to handle his responsibilities.

No vex, I have no valuable counsel other than to express shock at how people can be incredibly foolish over certain matters.

In a situation like this, one can only blame the MOD(s), who ordinarily isn't fit to serve as a gatekeeper for someone like me by the way, who wittingly or unwittingly makes it hard to put crass, conceited, and opportunistic elements like you where you rightfully belong. Imagine you, a wombless woman, insulting someone's else parents just because he seeks public opinion about his family ordeal.
Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 11, 2020
tplayer:

You dont think your husband will have a problem with this idea. I mean, how many men in this world, and I am talking about the whole world, would be ok with just one issue?

Why one? Any real reason?

He cant have a problem with it cos I'm the one that is going to be carrying the pregnancy, not him.

The stress of taking care and bringing up a child is so much, talk more of four. It will be so overwhelming. I just can't.

2 Likes

Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by tplayer: 11:01pm On Dec 11, 2020
CalliDora1:

He cant have a problem with it cos I'm the one that is going to be carrying the pregnancy, not him.

The stress of taking care and bringing up a child is so much, talk more of four. It will be so overwhelming. I just can't.

You don't think it should be a joint decision? Have u found a guy who's OK with one yet?
Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 11, 2020
tplayer:

You don't think it should be a joint decision? Have u found a guy who's OK with one yet?

Will find him soonest and he must agree.
Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by tplayer: 6:12am On Dec 12, 2020
CalliDora1:

Will find him soonest and he must agree.
Good luck with DAT.
Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 12, 2020
tplayer:

You dont think your husband will have a problem with this idea. I mean, how many men in this world, and I am talking about the whole world, would be ok with just one issue?

Why one? Any real reason?
why will he have problem with it!?

The country is just too hard, and breeding kids you can comfortably take care of cannot be over emphasized..
Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 12, 2020
LadySarah:

Shut up¡
Destiny differs.Should he get into yahoo plus or the likes to please his father.he's trying his best. Stop making him feel bad.
It took pains and shame to write these.
He didn't ask the father to keep cumming .
That's how we emasculate our men until they commit suicide or go into crime.Let him vent,let him cry,let him laugh.he's human first ¡
Nice one!
The op is a biological being, he needs to be cut some slack!!

3 Likes

Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by NoToPile: 7:10am On Dec 12, 2020
Its pressures like this that pushes boys into Yahoo / money rituals, its very unnecesary .

Don't let him put pressure on you please, you guys can decide to ignore his talks. Ignoring is better.

The major problem is all of you were not given a major headstart, just a little edge, you the first born is still in the UNI, You even seem to be the only one in school.

I am not saying people don't make it from the scatchest of the scratch but they mostly need that push, A lot of sucessful business people you see -someone has helped them with a loan, they inherited something or their oga settled them, they had help even though it might seem a little. Everybody needs that help.

Above all, pray The race is not to the swift, Time and chance happens pray for your own time and chance and don't miss the chance when it comes.

Unclesmart12

2 Likes

Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by tplayer: 7:34am On Dec 12, 2020
Hammyaladin:
why will he have problem with it!?

The country is just too hard, and breeding kids you can comfortably take care of cannot be over emphasized..

Good point but is one issue the answer?
Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by mariahAngel(f): 1:09pm On Dec 12, 2020
Hammyaladin:
Nice one!
The op is a biological being, he needs to be cut some slack!!

Don't slyly encourage foolish behaviour.

Complaining is one thing, exposing your father to be insulted is another and should not be encouraged.
People these days lack respect for elders.
Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by TheKingIsHere: 4:58pm On Dec 12, 2020
LadySarah:

Shut up¡
Destiny differs and with time he'll arrive. Should he get into yahoo plus or the likes to please his father bcoz he's a 1st son?he's trying his best. Stop making him feel bad.
I know the pressure on my husband as a 3rd child out of 10 but 1st son is going through including my 1st bro. I just feel for them.

It took pains and shame to write these.
He didn't ask the father to keep cumming .
That's how we emasculate our men until they commit suicide or go into crime.Let him vent,let him cry,let him laugh.he's human first !

Well said
Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by frozen70(f): 5:04pm On Dec 12, 2020
Unclesmart12:
I will try to make this as brief as possible
I'm the oldest of 8 children in my family, 5 consecutive boys, two girls and another boy, it still beats my imagination why my parents decided to produce almost a football team regardless of the economic condition of this country.

I'm 28 still struggling and still struggling to finish school, used to do business but it collapsed due to circumstances beyond my control hence my late foray into school, my immediate younger bro is 23 and managing a small business. Now to the main problem, my dad is putting so much pressure on us to make money and help out in the family inspite of little financial investment in our lives, he keeps complaining that the burden is much for him( like say na we hold torch for am while im dey run im parole in the other room) .
On the outside we come off as a middle class family, he drives a mid range SUV and we live in a 3 bedroom flat, mum went into farming this year after many failed businesses, Dad provides just the basics like house rent and feeding plus school fees while the rest falls on her, she always ends up bankrupt because of expenses, we are only happy when she's doing business cos she provides everything without the kids asking.

I'm used to my dad's pressure, in fact we've had so many fall outs because of that, I sponsor myself 80% in school, yet he will always give me examples of other guys schooling and doing Mason work to sponser themselves and get their parents gifts, he quickly forgot how I shouldered most of his bills when I was doing business. Well I've developed a thick skin for his nagging but he has transferred it to my younger ones and anarchy is brewing in the family.

They're still very young to handle the kind of responsibilities he's expecting and its wrecking havoc in our peaceful home. My younger bro gave him #20k to add and pay rent last year and he wasn't impressed citing that the rent is #260k, this is a guy he gave just 30k to start business about a year ago. He doesn't ask him how business is faring what he just wants is bring money bring money.
He sent out our third born 21 as an apprentice to a rich man, it didn't work out because of the guys extravagant spending and he hasn't forgiven him since he came back last year. I managed to convince him to give the boy some money to start up something and he managed to give him 20k, few weeks later covid-19 set in and he lost the capital. He stays at home most times since he no longer has any capital, he was the one that gave the 2nd born about 100k to support his business while he was still in his ogas place( I got to know recently as it was a secret btwn the two).

There's fire in the house and I don't know how to handle it anymore, my mum is trying to douce the tension all to no avail, my dad's nagging is getting much and those boys are beginning to hate him. Despite his shortcomings I still love my dad and very grateful to have him alive cos I know what those that don't have is passing through. I've talked to him to cut us some slack cos with time he will enjoy the fruits of his labour but he keeps comparing us to other guys that he doesn't know how their parents set them up or what they do for a living.

I don't like coming home during break because of this, I've been home since I finished learning a trade during the lockdown but no capital to start and the pressure to do something is so enormous I sometimes wish I'm not born into this family. As the first child I'm supposed to control my siblings but I'm running out of options on how to achieve this, please help me out with advice.
Sorry for the epistle and any errors please, I typed this in a haste.

Don't allow your father to put you into pressure to do what you will regret

His time during his day's are not the same thing with yours

So over look his over bearing attitude and keep thinking of a way forward

As for your junior ones, always remind them to be focused that one day you all will stand well
Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by Arsenate(m): 6:22pm On Dec 12, 2020
mariahAngel:

Complaining is one thing, exposing your father to be insulted is another and should not be encouraged.
You are just so dumb and annoyingly arrogant about it. Worst combo.

3 Likes

Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by mariahAngel(f): 6:29pm On Dec 12, 2020
[s]
Arsenate:

You are just so dumb and annoyingly arrogant about it. Worst combo.
[/s]

Dude, for the love of yourself, don't be unfortunate in life. I beg you!

1 Like

Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by Arsenate(m): 6:38pm On Dec 12, 2020
mariahAngel:
[s][/s]

Dude, for the love of yourself, don't be unfortunate in life. I beg you!
You are fuckinggg dumb and too arrogant to acknowledge that.

1 Like

Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by mariahAngel(f): 6:47pm On Dec 12, 2020
[s]
Arsenate:

You are fuckinggg dumb and too arrogant to acknowledge that.
[/s]

Dude, I am not the cause of your deep anger and frustrations in life, but you will be fine. Just exercise a little patience....

....and no, I am not dumb, neither am I arrogant. It is your fault for letting anger becloud your sense of judgment unnecessarily.
Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by Chummynoni(m): 8:33pm On Dec 12, 2020
It is so simple bro. If he compares you with other people, also compare him with otedola, dangote etc. The faults is largely his, when he should have controlled his 3rd leg . Dont dabble into something criminal cos i am so sure he would disown you when you are caught by the arms of law.
Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by Supreme145(m): 8:33pm On Dec 12, 2020
mariahAngel:

Nne cut the guy some slack, as a first born I can relate very well.....as for bringing it online we've seen worst, na frustration cause am

1 Like

Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by ABANGWABOI(m): 9:54pm On Dec 12, 2020
CalliDora1:

He just has to agree. He ain't got any choice.
We'll both agree to it before tying the knot.

Not shaming you.
Having read thru your comments including this one.. viewing your profile and I am sure you must be up to 28 & above in age..
I understood why you are single and may likely remain so in the near foreseeable future..
No offence intended.. but I don't see you getting married anytime soon with this weird principle.
Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 12, 2020
ABANGWABOI:

Not shaming you.
[s]Having read thru your comments including this one.. viewing your profile and I am sure you must be up to 28 & above in age..
I understood why you are single and may likely remain so in the near foreseeable future..
No offence intended.. but I don't see you getting married anytime soon with this weird principle.

[/s]

I reject it in Jesus name.!
Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by Mindlog: 10:03pm On Dec 12, 2020
ABANGWABOI:

Not shaming you.
Having read thru your comments including this one.. viewing your profile and I am sure you must be up to 28 & above in age..

Also do consider that being single is not a mental disorder and people with "weird principle(s)" also do get married because there is always someone who aligns with our "weirdness" as humanity is a spectrum of personalities.

1 Like

Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by mariahAngel(f): 10:37pm On Dec 12, 2020
Supreme145:

Nne cut the guy some slack, as a first born I can relate very well.....as for bringing it online we've seen worst, na frustration cause am

No, I don't blame him at all. Of course, I understand that things are very difficult for some people.
I was just pissed that he couldn't even defend his parents when someone insulted them, and on top of that, someone twisted my words to mean that I was putting pressure on him to go into fraud.
Nwanne, people can be very funny.
Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by ABANGWABOI(m): 10:38pm On Dec 12, 2020
Mindlog:

Also do consider that being single is not a mental disorder and people with "weird principle(s)" also do get married because there is always someone who aligns with our "weirdness" as humanity is a spectrum of personalities.

I don't need your preachings or teachings..
Check next door..
Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by Mindlog: 11:06pm On Dec 12, 2020
ABANGWABOI:

I don't need your preachings or teachings..
Check next door..

Preaching? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy But you were the one "prophesying" she won't get married! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by ABANGWABOI(m): 11:09pm On Dec 12, 2020
Mindlog:

Preaching? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy But you were the one "prophesying" she won't get married! cheesy cheesy

It seems you are daft.. and a busy body fellow..
The girl in question has responded to my quote and I wonder why you are nosy about my post not directed to you..
Just stop being a clown..
Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by Mindlog: 12:01am On Dec 13, 2020
ABANGWABOI:

It seems you are daft.. and a busy body fellow..
The girl in question has responded to my quote and I wonder why you are nosy about my post not directed to you..
Just stop being a clown..

Seems the pain point was hit! cheesy cheesy
Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by ABANGWABOI(m): 12:12am On Dec 13, 2020
Mindlog:

Seems the pain point was hit! cheesy cheesy

Pain??
Did you slit my throat??
You are demented..
Re: My Family Is Tearing Apart by Mindlog: 12:34am On Dec 13, 2020
ABANGWABOI:

Pain??
Did you slit my throat??
You are demented..

Slit throat? shocked Go read up the psychological understanding of it! cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Family Of 40 Teachers / Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? / When You’re Married To A Woman With Natural Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.