Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (386 Views)

Oluwole Owolabi: You Chased Me Out Of Nigeria Since 1986 Nothing Has Changed / Temitope Adunni Akinsanya: House Built By MC Oluomo's Wife / Oyetola Appoints Prince Oluwole Oyebamiji As SSG, Charles Diji Akinola As COS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by twosquare(m): 8:01pm On Dec 11, 2020
Re: . by twosquare(m): 8:02pm On Dec 11, 2020

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 11, 2020
Ok
Re: . by twosquare(m): 10:13am On Dec 12, 2020
Cc. Lalasticlala
Re: . by joyandfaith: 10:17am On Dec 12, 2020
Beautiful historical record. Aduni saw future. Popular opinion is usually wrong often.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by joyandfaith: 10:37am On Dec 12, 2020
twosquare:
It is no news that Nigeria is bleeding, engulfed with insecurity, and sane reasoning has been taken away from the land (although still left with a few). Evil is called good and good is called evil. Few weeks ago, after the End Sars move in October 2020 and the bold disdain at the Nigerian flag code of honour (which I predicted won’t be respected anyway), few things should have started to dawn on some who are still locked in their beliefs about the British creation. It is interesting to shout Pan-Africanism and even have a soft spot for the ideals (who wouldn’t), and even shout ‘Black power’ even though we are still operating governance through the country given to us by the White man. Oh no! I don’t hate the White man. You see, the Whites also opened our eyes to another dimension of reality on how the world works. But it is ironic to see people shout that the whites can’t dictate how to live for us, whereas we still operate within the sphere of artificial creations of countries spread around the continent of Africa.

Nigeria, no doubt, a British creation, is a conglomeration of nations, which was artificially made, not grown organically. The British indoctrination started from the elementary school, and the shout for the love of your county and how great it is, until maybe years later, if you are lucky, it appears you have just woken up to a nightmare. This is not the creamy-appealing nation I was told since childhood, and on and on it goes. Many harbours hate when reading about the 1914 amalgamation, arguing that it should never have happened. Well, I do not have a time machine to stop it and maybe cause a butterfly effect, but what about the future? It is easy to believe in a lie than to face the truth because the truth indeed sets free.

Why is it the same old stories of devastation since the 60s? Was Nigeria ever great? Well, can I call a country that went to war six years after independence great and has ever since been killing its inhabitants needlessly? The best way to arrive at the threshold of truth is not by sentiments or emotions but through unlearning and relearning everything you have been taught, including the country you call home. Nations within Nigeria accuse each other of nefarious activities, and some with different agendas, but the question which we must all answer sincerely is, why stay in a peaceless home or abide in a marriage which is rampant with domestic violence and death threats? Is it a case of it is better to cry in a jeep than smile on a bicycle? The oil question?

Well, whether Nigerians feel better to cry in a jeep than smile on a bicycle is an argument for another day, as the SUV is already fuming with smoke. Many may not know Adunni Oluwole, but she is a lone voice in the pre-independence era while politicians are jostling for independence and self-rule. She founded the Nigeria Commoners Liberal Party, and due to her ideals, they are known as “Ẹgbẹ́ K'óyìnbó Máìlọ”, which means “The White Man Should Not Go Yet”. Her reason for the anti-independence stance is that the politicians who were given power abused it and were simply African colonialists. What an accurate observation!

Adunni Oluwole, though not popular in mainstream politics, foresaw the swampy desolation Nigeria would be thrown into by not just the coming together of different ideological nations and cultures but revealed the true nature of Nigerian politicians as “African colonialists.” And what do colonialists do? It is all about self-interests, divide and rule, and exploitation of a flawed system created to favour them. It’s been 60 years now since self-rule, and Millennials are about to tell the same tale to their children of why the nation is not working rather than why it will never work. I ask again, why shouldn’t Adunni laugh at us?

Try to put source. It is front page material
Re: . by twosquare(m): 10:38am On Dec 12, 2020
joyandfaith:

Try to put source. It is front page material
I composed it. It's a Nairaland property if there is anything like that.

(1) (Reply)

New Strategy As NCC Implements New SIM Registration Rules / PDP Is Not A Religion; But A Political Party - Hon Ekene Adams / Meet Nigerian Man That Saved The Life Of Nelson Mandela & Other Freedom Fighters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.